• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Dragon Ball Thread - Dragon Ball Super

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
photo-copy-6c.jpg

dbf01.jpg

Below you can find an English translation of Toriyama's comments found in the September issue of V-Jump:

[As with the last movie], I thought up the new story for the next Dragon Ball theatrical movie as though it were a continuation of the manga when it was in serialization. Just the fact that I don’t have to draw anything means I can obsess completely over the smallest bits of dialogue. Well, the truth is that I wasn’t planning on going that far, since it’s pretty exhausting at my age, but I got a little carried away.
This time will of course be a continuation of the previous Battle of Gods, but I’ve deliberately increased the amount of action scenes by a good deal. With regards to the contents, they told me, “Keep it a secret!” like they’re all high-and-mighty, so I can’t touch on it yet, but it should be super-duper interesting!
The fact that I’d say that, when I’m not big on the flashy action-stuff, means there’s no doubt about it! Even my very first editor Torishima, who rarely ever praises me, said, “This is good!”
Absolutely no doubt about it! …Although it won’t be any good if I say that too loudly and people end up disappointed by it, but at the very least, I’m confident that the contents are something that the fans will be able to thoroughly enjoy! Right now, I’m drawing the design illustrations for the new character and such. The movie’s completion is still a ways out in the future, but please look forward to it!!

Last edited:

Retro

Awards
Re: New Dragon Ball Movie set for 2013

Lol, when I first saw this thread, I thought you meant live action.
Thank goodness it's not.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Re: New Dragon Ball Movie set for 2013

Lol, when I first saw this thread, I thought you meant live action.
Thank goodness it's not.
Second that.

Sounds interesting. Wondering what villain they'll face. I just hope it isn't a rehash or replacement for an arc villain like some of the other movie villains were.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Re: New Animated Dragon Ball Movie set for 2013

I hope Gotenks is in it prominently

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Some info on the production team.

"The tagline for the movie (as first seen on the mystery countdown website) is 最強、始動。(“The mightiest make their move.”), followed by 全人類待望。かつてない興奮へー。 (“All humanity has been waiting. Toward an unprecedented excitement–.”).

The movie’s director has been announced as Masahiro Hosoda (細田雅弘), who directed several episodes during the Cell arc of the Dragon Ball Z TV series. The script will be written by Yūsuke Watanabe (渡辺雄介), a newcomer to the franchise, though one with an extensive and on-going history of work. Animation direction will be provided by Tadayoshi Yamamuro (山室直儀), a well-known veteran of the franchise responsible for a plethora of animation direction and promotional art work."

Source: Kanzenshuu

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Some info on the production team.

"The tagline for the movie (as first seen on the mystery countdown website) is 最強、始動。(“The mightiest make their move.”), followed by 全人類待望。かつてない興奮へー。 (“All humanity has been waiting. Toward an unprecedented excitement–.”).

The movie’s director has been announced as Masahiro Hosoda (細田雅弘), who directed several episodes during the Cell arc of the Dragon Ball Z TV series. The script will be written by Yūsuke Watanabe (渡辺雄介), a newcomer to the franchise, though one with an extensive and on-going history of work. Animation direction will be provided by Tadayoshi Yamamuro (山室直儀), a well-known veteran of the franchise responsible for a plethora of animation direction and promotional art work."

Source: Kanzenshuu

Why did you post this when the same exact information/source is included in the first post?.....

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Teaser trailer!

According to Kanzenshuu, the movie will take place in the 7 years between Buu and the final Z arc.

Personally, I hope Son and friends don't encounter a new villain. I like the idea that the earth had 7 years of continuous peace after Buu.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Omg.

If this is anything like Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, then I can't wait to see it.

Zul

Awards

Was that Android 8 dying around 0:20??

Getting a whole red-ribbon arc vibe here.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

That was a person on fuji tv telling people that this was the first new dragon ball movie in 17 years. They should clips from the last one (path to power)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Lol. The actual teaser doesn't start until around the 30 second mark. What you're describing is a scene from the 1996 animated feature "Dragon Ball: The Path to Power". It's a retelling of the events that happened in Dragon Ball using GT's art style. They showing scenes from that movie because they're trying to show that this is the newest movie in the franchise in over 17 years.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

The beginning of that is from a movie that's already out. It's a retelling of the Dragon Ball story.

The actual teaser is the last bit of the vid.

So, how will Krillin get raped this time

Zul

Awards

Oh okay, I never was really big on the movies. Back in the day the whole idea of an OVA or movie that didn't fit into the show's timeline felt awkward to me. Nowadays I actually like some more than the actual show(not dball, but other Anime).

So.. 7 years between Buu and the final Z arc. I got confused by that for a moment, but "final Z arc" refers to when Goku met Uub right?

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Oh okay, I never was really big on the movies. Back in the day the whole idea of an OVA or movie that didn't fit into the show's timeline felt awkward to me. Nowadays I actually like some more than the actual show(not dball, but other Anime).

So.. 7 years between Buu and the final Z arc. I got confused by that for a moment, but "final Z arc" refers to when Goku met Uub right?

Yep, it's when we see Trunks and Goten as teenagers, Gohan and Videl married, first see Pan etc etc.

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Check Kanzenshuu for all of your Dragon Ball needs quiteMad. This teaser is the same one that was shown a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back