• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Day 322

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
So I've been recently playing Days, was playing through games before 3D.

And so far, one thing that caught my attention, was that on Day 322, it starts out with Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix all sitting in Where Nothing Gathers, talking about on how Xion is starting to take away more power from Roxas.

Xemnas comes to the conclusion that it does not matter, if she takes out Roxas then that proves she is the more worthy vessel. While if Roxas takes her out, then it will be like nothing changed, and the original plan will go as followed, and they will have the power of Sora.

Because Xion has developed a mind of her own and was beginning to become her own person, she would prove to be the more worthy vessel.

Saying Xion would make the more worthy vessel, didn't really mean anything to me before, but then 3D came out and we learn that the Organization's true goal was to plant Xehanort's heart within each member. So if Xion had taken out Roxas, like Xemnas planned, then she would've been the 13th Seeker of Darkness.

So this had me wondering, the Replica Program has more of a purpose within the story. Xigbar, Xemnas, and Xehanort already knew that most of the original members were not applicable for the process they had in mind, so the Replica's would in the end take those places.

So the Replica program was started to create vessels to harbor Xehanort's heart, since the full Organization would be unable to.

I have just always been a fan of the Replica's. So this made sense to me.

Shoxir

Awards
Wow, I just replayed Days too, wasn't even thinking about that. But it makes a lot of sense, seeing how it was just those 3 in the room as well. I guess this whole part of the story has been hinted at for some time. That's really cool!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
You know it's really amazing when you play KH3D and then go back to play all the other games... then suddenly the things that may not have been clear in previous games suddenly are.

This is why I love KH3D so much!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
lol I just finished 3D and I played all the other games chronologically in the past few months, so Days I happened to play less than a month ago and I do recall that scene. However, I don't know of the replica program was there to create vesselS as opposed to one vessel. Young Xehanort said it himself in 3D that Roxas was a perfect candidate for a vessel, I'm assuming they thought if he fell through they would use Xion. However, I don't know if they were going to go farther and make other vessels based off of random people we have yet to find out, because if that were the case, why didn't they just make another vessel for the 13th instead of going through all the trouble of getting Sora. At least that is the way I saw it, perhaps I missed something.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xemnas comes to the conclusion that it does not matter, if she takes out Roxas then that proves she is the more worthy vessel. While if Roxas takes her out, then it will be like nothing changed, and the original plan will go as followed, and they will have the power of Sora.

Because Xion has developed a mind of her own and was beginning to become her own person, she would prove to be the more worthy vessel.

Like you just said, Xemnas meant this in the context of having access to Sora's power over the Keyblade, not a Xehanort-vessel.

The second sentence totally contradicts what is necessary to become a successful, worthy Xehanort-slave. Young Xehanort explicitly states that Roxas became unusable as a vessel because he became too aware of himself and too independent. Becoming an own person is counterproductive to being a worthy vessel for Xehanort because of a strong enough will.

kupo1121

Awards
The second sentence totally contradicts what is necessary to become a successful, worthy Xehanort-slave. Young Xehanort explicitly states that Roxas became unusable as a vessel because he became too aware of himself and too independent. Becoming an own person is counterproductive to being a worthy vessel for Xehanort because of a strong enough will.

The second statement can also contradict them having a puppet through which they can use to attain hearts for them. They would have preferred someone who would do their bidding with the keyblade no matter what, and someone who would become more aware, more independent would lead to exactly what happened with both Xion and Roxas, they broke off from the Org. I do believe that the line was originally intended to mean just to collect hearts, but it is entirely possible that Nomura worked the "vessel" concept in to work with the idea of Xion.

Japanlover

However, I don't know if they were going to go farther and make other vessels based off of random people we have yet to find out, because if that were the case, why didn't they just make another vessel for the 13th instead of going through all the trouble of getting Sora. At least that is the way I saw it, perhaps I missed something.

Probably the reason why they went through all that trouble to get Sora is his strong connections with other people's hearts. And he was too innocent and naive that it was easier for Sora's heart to fall to darkness and take his body for a new vessel.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
braig says himself that roxas was a good option.

after DDD, the org's true goal has become basically clear,

if xion beat roxas, then they would just use her. they needed sora's power either way. and since roxas and xion were both gone, they settled for the real deal: sora.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
braig says himself that roxas was a good option.

after DDD, the org's true goal has become basically clear,

if xion beat roxas, then they would just use her. they needed sora's power either way. and since roxas and xion were both gone, they settled for the real deal: sora.

And it would have worked too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

All jokes aside, for a while I assumed Xehanort would be screwed. Yeah, sure he had other plans, but still. Seeing how all his other plans basically fell through, how reliable could the other plans be?

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
lol I just finished 3D and I played all the other games chronologically in the past few months, so Days I happened to play less than a month ago and I do recall that scene. However, I don't know of the replica program was there to create vesselS as opposed to one vessel. Young Xehanort said it himself in 3D that Roxas was a perfect candidate for a vessel, I'm assuming they thought if he fell through they would use Xion. However, I don't know if they were going to go farther and make other vessels based off of random people we have yet to find out, because if that were the case, why didn't they just make another vessel for the 13th instead of going through all the trouble of getting Sora. At least that is the way I saw it, perhaps I missed something.

Because Sora was the one who would save Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Roxas, Xion, Namine, and Ansem the Wise from their torment. If Sora were incapacitated, they wouldn't have to worry about the original Ansem and six other keyblade-wielders. Not to mention Sora's keyblade. And through Sora they could probably find a way to awaken Vanitas. I think they did actually start making other replicas, because in the secret reports they mention another replica other than Xion and Riku Replica that failed. I don't think they're making replicas anymore because Even/Vexen is out of the picture.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
And it would have worked too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

All jokes aside, for a while I assumed Xehanort would be screwed. Yeah, sure he had other plans, but still. Seeing how all his other plans basically fell through, how reliable could the other plans be?

he planned this whole thing from day one, he's an evil genius. and theres some things the evil geniuses always do.

-ask for last words

-have a backup plan (unless they're stupid)

kupo1121

Awards
I think they did actually start making other replicas, because in the secret reports they mention another replica other than Xion and Riku Replica that failed. I don't think they're making replicas anymore because Even/Vexen is out of the picture.

They did make other replicas, but in the context that it was stated, it seems those other replicas were only supposed to be meant to be Xion and once they made a good replica, Xion, they decided they didn't need to continue making others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back