• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final world cinematic translations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
— Incidentally, Ventus’ body is in Castle Oblivion and his heart is with Sora right?

Nomura: Right. Even though he only appears a little bit in the end of KH3D, when Sora was surrounded by Dream Eaters, you see that he smiled because of it.

— I see. Were there certain intentions in that scene with the Dream Eaters?

Nomura: That scene was added in the final stages of production. It wouldn’t feel right to have worked so hard raising the Dream Eaters without some sort of closure. Also, since Sora has obtained the power to open doors into the worlds of sleep, I purposely wanted to show a scene where he used that power.

— Speaking of the previous titles, about when do you start thinking of the ‘next title’?

-------------------

Does this mean the only reason Sora went back into the dream world at the end of KH3D so that he can give a final farewell to his beloved Dreameaters? (and not in search of those sleeping). Which makes me think Riku should've visited his Dreameaters in the end tooT^T But that would explain why Goofy and Donald were expecting to see Sora soon.

Sorry, I didn't put this in the Ultimania/Famitsu Interview section, it's cause I didn't want to create a discussion there that would end up with a lot of blacked-out linesXD

Riku is a Keyblade Master, he does what he wants

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
My mind was completely blown when I watched the scenes when he explains why he did it and how... and everything... I was like, IS HE EVEN HUMAN?! (Don't answer that.... ) I mean... seriously? He planned this from the beginning? wow.... and the story was then completed... everything we didn't know, we know. (I think?)

And here i thought, Nomura was just pulling plot twists and random stories out of his lovely story....lower area and just making us go through all this ordeal with game after game with a seemingly never ending game series.... but now here we are... the story is completed. Thanks Nomura for making me confused for more than 10 years and then making me understand it all in just one game. xD

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
My mind was completely blown when I watched the scenes when he explains why he did it and how... and everything... I was like, IS HE EVEN HUMAN?! (Don't answer that.... ) I mean... seriously? He planned this from the beginning? wow.... and the story was then completed... everything we didn't know, we know. (I think?)

And here i thought, Nomura was just pulling plot twists and random stories out of his lovely story....lower area and just making us go through all this ordeal with game after game with a seemingly never ending game series.... but now here we are... the story is completed. Thanks Nomura for making me confused for more than 10 years and then making me understand it all in just one game. xD
I'm pretty sure Nomura didn't come up with the current plot as far back as KH1. If I recall correctly, he didn't even know what Aqua and Ven would look like when "The Gathering" secret ending was made (Terra's look was decided from the start).

Blobbit

Awards

I was thinking to myself, "Maybe Xehanort was planning that far ahead of time, but I really doubt Nomura was..." It certainly tied a lot of things together, but honestly I don't think it was supposed to involve time travel from the beginning.

Awards
I'm pretty sure Nomura didn't come up with the current plot as far back as KH1. If I recall correctly, he didn't even know what Aqua and Ven would look like when "The Gathering" secret ending was made (Terra's look was decided from the start).

I think he knew how he wanted the plot since around KH2. And keep in mind what the characters look like have nothing to do with plot, unless we're talking about why vanitas/sora and Roxas/Ventus look alike

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I think he knew how he wanted the plot since around KH2. And keep in mind what the characters look like have nothing to do with plot, unless we're talking about why vanitas/sora and Roxas/Ventus look alike
Aqua's look may not have been that important to the plot, but Ven's definitely was.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Aqua's look may not have been that important to the plot, but Ven's definitely was.

Nomura only had doubts about how Ventus should look like in terms of if he gets Sora's or Roxas' look, this was also decided from the start, he just was unsure at first with which look he should go. The only one who had not a totally decided face around the time of "The gathering" was Aqua.
KH 1 was definitely a stand-alone plot at first, although Nomura started to make first concepts for CoM and KH2 when he was making KH1 Final Mix (Xemnas-battle and Deep Dive, the extended secret ending). When he was making KH2, he looked into first ideas for Birth By Sleep which were then more fleshed out the time KH2 Final Mix was made. At the same time (around KH2 Final Mix) he also started to work on concepts for Coded and Days however those came later when the deal with Nintendo was already sealed. Initially, there was only BBS truly planned(I think).

iLeen

Awards
Nomura only had doubts about how Ventus should look like in terms of if he gets Sora's or Roxas' look, this was also decided from the start, he just was unsure at first with which look he should go. The only one who had not a totally decided face around the time of "The gathering" was Aqua.
KH 1 was definitely a stand-alone plot at first, although Nomura started to make first concepts for CoM and KH2 when he was making KH1 Final Mix (Xemnas-battle and Deep Dive, the extended secret ending). When he was making KH2, he looked into first ideas for Birth By Sleep which were then more fleshed out the time KH2 Final Mix was made. At the same time (around KH2 Final Mix) he also started to work on concepts for Coded and Days however those came later when the deal with Nintendo was already sealed. Initially, there was only BBS truly planned(I think).

I wonder what the explanation would have been if Ventus looked like Sora...would Roxas be what Sora should have looked like then? Good choice in making Ventus look like Roxas (or maybe the other way around)

Blobbit

Awards
Also, did anyone else sort of feel like the plot was similar to Inception? Once Riku realized he was in Sora's dream and Sora was having a dream in a dream, I was just thinking how similar the idea was to Inception the whole time.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Also, did anyone else sort of feel like the plot was similar to Inception? Once Riku realized he was in Sora's dream and Sora was having a dream in a dream, I was just thinking how similar the idea was to Inception the whole time.

Come on, guys, Inception didn't create the concept of "a dream within a dream within a dream", alright?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I believe you mean, "the plot was similar to Paprika" ;D

Blobbit

Awards
Come on, guys, Inception didn't create the concept of "a dream within a dream within a dream", alright?

I know it didn't, but it is one of the most popular dream within a dream concepts in pop culture, so my mind automatically related the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back