• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ending game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
OMG... Idk about you guys but Lea is plain awesome in this game.... and his keyblade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3

What did you guys think about him? I think it was awesome that he was helping us once more! ;3

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Re: Ending game (Axel)

I think he's just fanservice. But he saved Sora, so I like him for that.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Well he wants to protect his friends, just like Sora. He made that promise to always get them, and he has to keep that. At this point, the best way to do that apparently involves wielding a Keyblade.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I don't even care if it was fanservice, I've loved Axel/Lea ever since I saw him in Chain of Memories and to see how much importance he's getting and how much he's developing only makes me happier. It's not like we didn't see it coming, though; Days and Birth by Sleep pretty made Axel/Lea a character that wasn't going anywhere.

I know some people feel the abundance of Keyblades is getting annoying, but we've always known way before Birth by Sleep's time that there was enough Keyblades in stock that even Oprah could never afford, so really, I could care less about how he's Keyblade Wielder, too. I just hope he still uses a chakram in battle still, seeing as how he only needs one hand for a Keyblade and he's always been a dual wielder.

Blobbit

Awards

That's something I didn't really understand--so now, anyone can just become a keyblade wielder, without any training? They just sort of materialize a keyblade out of thin air? But I really did like Lea in this game, I knew he was going to become more important ever since Days where he promised he would always be there to save his friends.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

That's something I didn't really understand--so now, anyone can just become a keyblade wielder, without any training? They just sort of materialize a keyblade out of thin air?

See: Sora

But really, he did have training trying to get it -- why do you think he was missing so long and was with Merlin and the three fairies training? Learning how to cook danishes?

Xaldyn

Honestly when he revealed his keyblade..I saw it coming but at the same time I jumped for joy lol.
Also I find the part where they are in the dream world and Lea shows up and Braig says "Axel!?" and Axel goes "It's Le...Ah whatever!"

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

See: Sora

But really, he did have training trying to get it -- why do you think he was missing so long and was with Merlin and the three fairies training? Learning how to cook danishes?

IIRC... you are suppose to touch a keyblade or something like that from a keyblade master to be able to wield one... but idk if I'm right.

Honestly when he revealed his keyblade..I saw it coming but at the same time I jumped for joy lol.
Also I find the part where they are in the dream world and Lea shows up and Braig says "Axel!?" and Axel goes "It's Le...Ah whatever!"

Those pieces of dialouge... I loved... it really showed a bit more... life in the dialogue... idk if I'm saying it clearly.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

you are suppose to touch a keyblade or something like that from a keyblade master to be able to wield one... but idk if I'm right.

Perhaps Lea touched it back in BbS. I mean, they never did show him doing such an action, but I doubt Nomura would give him a keyblade without answering that to at least himself (he could always show it later on).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Perhaps Lea touched it back in BbS. I mean, they never did show him doing such an action, but I doubt Nomura would give him a keyblade without answering that to at least himself (he could always show it later on).

It's not really that complicated for Pete's sake. Either Mickey or Yen Sid performed the ceremony with Lea and that's how he gets the ability to wield.
Lea's heart is strong enough, but his own Keyblade simply didn't choose him until the end of DDD.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

It's not really that complicated for Pete's sake. Either Mickey or Yen Sid performed the ceremony with Lea and that's how he gets the ability to wield.
Lea's heart is strong enough, but his own Keyblade simply didn't choose him until the end of DDD.

Mickey is Lea's Master......that just sounds cool.

But yes, the reason Lea has a Keyblade is because he wants to save his friends (including Isa), and if he came in swinging Chakrams, he didn't really look the part. So he was given a Keyblade, because with the Keyblade he would have the power to save his friends and would look the part as well.

axel95

Awards

While this is possible, don't forget Lea's scene with Ven from BBS. Kairi got one from bumping Aqua's, so it's entirely possible Lea got one from Ventus. This is something I hope they explain more.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

While this is possible, don't forget Lea's scene with Ven from BBS. Kairi got one from bumping Aqua's, so it's entirely possible Lea got one from Ventus. This is something I hope they explain more.

Well for one it wasn't a true Keyblade, and two.....during the time of BBS, Ven did not have the power of a Master. (That or it hasn't been stated).
Only a Master can perform the Rite Of Succession, even if it be on accident.

Ultima Spark

The wooden keyblade was made of just that - wood. It's simply a physical representation of the friendship between the BBS trio, nothing special about it. I don't think Nomura intended on having Lea eventually obtain a real keyblade when BBS was being developed. Revived and playing some kind of role in the future, probably, but not this, not yet.

ShailsTDSPT

I never saw it that way... Yen Sid (although in retirement) is still a master and, as such, could choose Lea as an apprentice. I doubt Mickey would, he is king after all, he has his castle and although he isn't there most of the time, he is always doing something other than staying the same place (often dangerous) so taking Lea under his wing wouldn't be a good choice. Yen Sid is always there, in his tower, making him the best one to teach Lea.

So far:

Master Xehanort -> Ventus and Vanitas
Eraqus -> Terra and Aqua (I think, he his their master after all)
Ventus -> Sora
Sora -> Roxas
Sora and Roxas -> Xion
Terra -> Riku
Aqua -> Kairi
Yen Sid -> Mickey and (Maybe) Lea
Mickey -> Maybe Lea

Contradiction free plot.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

No, that is completely impossible, as others have already pointed out, the wooden Keyblade Ven got as a gift from Terra is only a toy, not a real Keyblade.
Second reason is that Ventus, at the time he met with Lea, was not yet on Master level power-wise so he could not even perform a successful rite.

I never saw it that way... Yen Sid (although in retirement) is still a master and, as such, could choose Lea as an apprentice. I doubt Mickey would, he is king after all, he has his castle and although he isn't there most of the time, he is always doing something other than staying the same place (often dangerous) so taking Lea under his wing wouldn't be a good choice. Yen Sid is always there, in his tower, making him the best one to teach Lea.

So far:

Master Xehanort -> Ventus and Vanitas
Eraqus -> Terra and Aqua (I think, he his their master after all)
Terra -> Sora and Riku (Sora took Riku's keyblade in KH1. I think we could count Roxas and Xion as well, since they use keyblades because Sora has one)
Aqua -> Kairi
Yen Sid -> Mickey and (Maybe) Lea
Mickey -> Maybe Lea

Contradiction free plot.

It's actually the most easy way to explain the whole thing. After all, Lea came to Yen Sid to ask to become a Keyblade Wielder and in one scene Yen Sid warned him of the consequences.
It's only natural to assume that Lea might have got the rite from Yen Sid.
Although the Ultimania opens up another can of worms by subtly throwing into the room that Lea gaining a Keyblade may have to do something with Roxas.
DDD Ultimania said:
Q: What happens to Lea hereafter now that he has become a Keyblade wielder?
A: Lea, having returned to his human form, chosen by the Keyblade. Does him getting a Keyblade have anything to do with his best friend Roxas? And is there a possibility that Lea's become one of the protectors of Light?

Your list has some issues though:
Master Xehanort only performed the rite for Ventus, Vanitas never got a rite, he can wield a Keyblade automatically due to his heart originally being created out of a shard of Ven's heart.
Eraqus is correct, but Terra isn't at least regarding Sora. Sora never got a rite of succession, that has already been pointed out by Nomura before DDD.
The only reason Sora has the ability to wield a Keyblade is his connection with Ventus, while the actual Keyblade he only got due to his connection to Riku. It was specifically said that Sora is only an ordinary boy and his main power stems from the ability to connect with other hearts.
Roxas can of course wield due to his connection to both Sora and Ventus, he's after all more or less a hybrid of them both with an own mind (and own grown heart as we know now) on top.
Xion only got her wielding powers by stealing memories and powers from Sora and Roxas.
Yen Sid and Mickey is also correct. ;)

ShailsTDSPT

Your list has some issues though:
Master Xehanort only performed the rite for Ventus, Vanitas never got a rite, he can wield a Keyblade automatically due to his heart originally being created out of a shard of Ven's heart. - that is exactly why I included Vanitas. His heart is made of the darkness within Ventus, so when Xehanort did the Rite of Passage for Ventus, he pretty much did it for Vanitas before he even existed.
Eraqus is correct, but Terra isn't at least regarding Sora. Sora never got a rite of succession, that has already been pointed out by Nomura before DDD.
The only reason Sora has the ability to wield a Keyblade is his connection with Ventus, while the actual Keyblade he only got due to his connection to Riku. It was specifically said that Sora is only an ordinary boy and his main power stems from the ability to connect with other hearts. - I included Terra because he is the one at the level of Keyblade Master that partially allowed Sora to wield one. It it weren't for him to pass the power to Riku, the keyblade would not have reached him, never jumping to Sora. But I guess I should change Terra from giving the ability to Sora, to Ventus. Since it is Ventus who gives him the power. Terra only helped on the keyblade.
Roxas can of course wield due to his connection to both Sora and Ventus, he's after all more or less a hybrid of them both with an own mind (and own grown heart as we know now) on top. - see my explanation on Sora. Changing to Sora giving him the ability.
Xion only got her wielding powers by stealing memories and powers from Sora and Roxas. - once again, removing from Terra list.
Yen Sid and Mickey is also correct. ;)

My responses ^^ Also, damn that twenty-five characters rule :(

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

That's what I thought when I saw that.. I was like, they prob did the ceremony to give him one... ? xD

LMNOP

Actually im pretty sure its like this.

Sora->Cloud
Cloud->Axel
Axel->Hades
Hades->MX
MX->Jerry Sandusky
Sandusky->Do I even have to say it...

Joking and Child abuse aside, Lea probably got it thrw Yen Sid and Mickey. Just Like that. Simple and Clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back