• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Community Feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I can't use any link portals. I used one in the beginning of the game and I haven't been able to since. I can't re-fight bosses or get the special keyblade DX

Rallade

Awards
I can't use any link portals. I used one in the beginning of the game and I haven't been able to since. I can't re-fight bosses or get the special keyblade DX

Did you try zooming in , you can't use them if your map is zoomed out .

Rallade

Awards
Just realized, even though my journal lists the ending dive, my special portals are still attributed to the right person.

LAA

Thankfully, I just beat all the special portals with sora/riku and got the end of pain for both. I followed both Master Spockanort's advice and Kreynor's advice.
In my case, I believe the problem was I beat a special portal as sora in TWTNW, and it said I beat it as riku in the journal. So I first tried diving in TWNTW for both sora/riku, and it seemed something might have changed as I had a question mark for sora, I tried beating it and to my suprise, it actually listed the portal as being beaten by sora, which was a good sign!
However, after dropping to riku, riku's forecast was listing 2 dream eaters as being beaten, which scared me again. Then I just kept dropping between sora/riku to see if I could fix it, and eventually, riku had all question marks replacing the dream eaters he shouldnt have beat. Then I just beat them and dropped until I beat them all (They were hard though!) and then gained the End Of Pain keyblade for them both.

I hope my experience helps others to hopefully fix their portals. It is an annoying bug, it has put me off playing KH3D for a while. I wish you luck you can fix it yourself and if not hope for a patch soon.

Speaking of patch, I did try e-mailing both nintendo/SE, who both told me it was the other's responsibility... So... it seems they dont even know whos in charge of support. I then e-mailed both of them back what the other said. Hopefully it'll speed up progress of the patch.

sdr08

I thought they fixed when you drop, the boss wouldn't regain HP, I'm fighting the grid boss as riku, then I dropped, came back to finish it, it had full HP. Is everyone experiencing this?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I thought they fixed when you drop, the boss wouldn't regain HP, I'm fighting the grid boss as riku, then I dropped, came back to finish it, it had full HP. Is everyone experiencing this?

That is not a glitch, that is supposed to happen

Rallade

Awards

What they fixed was that, in the Japanese version, when you dropped during a boss fight only the boss regained health, they fixed that by making it so that both you and the boss would regenerate.

sdr08

What they fixed was that, in the Japanese version, when you dropped during a boss fight only the boss regained health, they fixed that by making it so that both you and the boss would regenerate.

Oh Ok, thanks must of misread that, guess I have to grind more

Blobbit

Awards
If Riku fought a Special Portal in that Area where only HE can go, then everything is a-okay.
You will see later what's about because all Worlds then will split those both up even more.
Best example, if you don't find ANY portal in Pranksters Paradise, then it means that the glitch occured.

Oh okay, thanks for the info! So far my portals look fine--I've found some in Prankster's Paradise (two portals for Sora and one for Riku), so hopefully they won't somehow get glitched later on.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Two problems I'm having:

Leaf Bracer seems to only work sometimes. If I get hit using Cure, it stops me from using it and I have to wait for it to recharge again. The doesn't happen every time, but enough to where it's annoying. And with the boss battles in Notre Dame, it always failed....

Aerial Recovery doesn't seem to ever work. I haven't had it actually work once.

Awards
While it may be minor, my game has a bug where it isn't recognizing the ability Reload boost on Riku. I mean, it's on the ability menu, but it doesn't work. (you can tell the difference) where it says "available from these spirits" it's blank. Works fine on Sora though.

Edit: oh, and the aerial recovery/ paybacks hardly ever work. At least not like they did in other games like BBS.

Villen

Ok, I don't know if I'm still following it. My game is finally arriving tomorrow, so: does the portal glitch happens even if we do that skipping thing with Riku? Sorry, I read through all the topic but since I still don't understand this portal mechanics (because i haven't played yet, i assume it will be clear when i do) it's kind of hard to know what are you guys talking about.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Leaf Bracer seems to only work sometimes. If I get hit using Cure, it stops me from using it and I have to wait for it to recharge again. The doesn't happen every time, but enough to where it's annoying. And with the boss battles in Notre Dame, it always failed....

I thought I had the same problem, but I don't believe that is a problem after looking into it. Leaf Bracer in this game doesn't activate the second you press "X" like in past games. It seems with all commands in this game, after you press "X" to activate them, you still have to wait a fraction of a second before the game realizes you used that command, during this time period, although the command gets used and starts to recharge, you can be hit out of it. For example. Salvation has super armor on it and when Sora is charging it up before unleashing the attack he can't be knocked out of it (unless he dies), however, there is a split second after I press "X" where if I get hit, Salvation won't come out, the super armor won't work, and the attack will still be recharging.

aerial recovery/ paybacks hardly ever work. At least not like they did in other games like BBS.

I find this is a problem too, though I'm not sure if there are special properties to the moves themselves...

does the portal glitch happens even if we do that skipping thing with Riku?

You know, I can't really answer your question, but from what I've seen, the portal glitch seems kind of random. I got the game before I read about the glitch, so I obviously did every tutorial and watched every cutscene, and I got the "Ending" thing in Sora's journal. However, I've been playing the game and I have yet to experience the glitch (there was a large time I was scared I got it, but I never did). Likewise, my friend skipped all the stuff after he heard about the glitch, yet he still got the portal glitch and kept restarting his game until he got a good file (he only had to do it about 3 times which took less than an hour).

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Now I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the Special Portal glitch, because I have gotten portals in character specific areas and everything. However, I'm honestly just confused as to how to get some of them to appear in general.

Like, for instance, all I can find are special portals 1 and 3 as Riku in Traverse Town. No matter how many times I go back and check that's all I ever seem to find. Would the aforementioned methods still help with this as well? I'm just not sure what to do, and its kind of annoying :/ Like I have the guidebook, so I know where they are supposed to be, but they just aren't here...

Two problems I'm having:

Aerial Recovery doesn't seem to ever work. I haven't had it actually work once.

I haven't had any issues with leaf bracer, but yeah Aerial Recovery rarely ever works for me either. It seems it only works when I get hit once, if its a combo of hits it never seems to work. Idk if that was intentional or not though.

Last edited:

soraalam1

AR Card Glitch

This happen to anyone else? It happened to me and my friend. I scanned Frootz Cat AR card and Meowjesty appeared. But I was so stupid I didn't accept it.

Did anyone else get Meowjesty while scanning Frootz Cat?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I haven't had any issues with leaf bracer, but yeah Aerial Recovery rarely ever works for me either. It seems it only works when I get hit once, if its a combo of hits it never seems to work. Idk if that was intentional or not though.

If it's a combo you get hit with, I'm pretty sure it's not going to work.

Everything I've seen shows that you get hit with the full combo then it's after that that you can use it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: AR Card Glitch

This happen to anyone else? It happened to me and my friend. I scanned Frootz Cat AR card and Meowjesty appeared. But I was so stupid I didn't accept it.

Did anyone else get Meowjesty while scanning Frootz Cat?

Yep. I did. So did Sign xD

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So...about this portal business. I'm super confused. I just started playing about two hours ago (finally) and I'm in Traverse Town right after the Drop from Riku back to Sora, and my journal lists Sora's "Ending" Dive in the Game Records with a high score of 0. Is this going to create (significant) problems for me moving forward?

soraalam1

Anyone else not like the fact that save points aren't in their own safe room? If I need a quick save in older games, I'd just head to the Accessory Shop and save. But now I have to eliminate all dream eaters before I can save.
But other than that the game is Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back