• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The series split between two companies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoadToDawn

Hey guys this is my first thread and wanted to ask you guys on the subect of KH3 being actually a multi platform game rather than an exclusive. I'm sorry if this has been discussed countless times! Now then as we all know the series has started on the PS2 and the series has grown so much to the point where the amount of games in the series is actually practically equal on Sony's and Nintendo's machines. Now my question is because of the seperation of the series on the companies consoles, do you think that the final game to the Xehanort saga,KH3, will be a possible PS3 or even PS4 exclusive or possibly multi platform on the Wii U and PS3/PS4?
Again sorry if this has been discussed a ton of times!

doortolight

Awards
I don't care how many different platforms it comes on, as long as it has a verison on ps3, I hope I don't have to buy another console for kh anytime soon,

Also wii sucks, I don't think they could make a good kh game on wii even if its wiiU

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
There's really no reason why it needs to be on the Xbox. If anything it might port to the Wii U.

Also wii sucks, I don't think they could make a good kh game on wii even if its wiiU

Yeah the Wii is pretty bad, but you clearly have no idea what the Wii U is capable of.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm fairly sure KH3 will without a doubt be on a Sony console, but I wouldn't be surprised (nor opposed) to the idea of it being multiplatform.

Yeah the Wii is pretty bad, but you clearly have no idea what the Wii U is capable of.

I don't really know much about the hardware about the Wii U, but I keep hearing that it's on par and even somtimes better than the current gen. But then again, that's just from comments I've seen on YouTube and such.

State

Awards
I can only picture the series continuing on NINTENDO and SONY consoles (probably also mobile).

TheRoadToDawn

Without a doubt I know that KH3 will be on Sony's console, Xbox on the other hand I find theres little to no chance at all since the there's basically no fan base at all, and we dont even know what the Wii U is exactly capable of and I'd actually welcome KH3 to be on the wii U with it's controller alongside the PS3.

doortolight

Awards
There's really no reason why it needs to be on the Xbox. If anything it might port to the Wii U.

I refuse to play any system that based itself on the horrible idea of motion control gaming. Wii is dead to me in all forms

of course if KH came out on it I would have to get over it because I'm not missing out on any kh titles

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'll say this much about the Wii it brought up a fad with it, and while it had a nice run I think the fad is dead.

With WiiU they're tweaking it, but it's virtually the same thing except with an Ipad. For the record I know how it's on par with Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms of graphics and what not.

As for KH3 book it that it will be PS4 with all these rumors running around talking about PS4 is due at 2013 earliest and 2014 at the latest you can bank on it to be a PS4.

I'm with you though the KH series is terrible for console hoping and it doesn't help them one bit can't go out to buy one freak'n system to one game.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
As for KH3 book it that it will be PS4 with all these rumors running around talking about PS4 is due at 2013 earliest and 2014 at the latest you can bank on it to be a PS4.

If it was going to be for PS4, then why would Nomura have the main KH team working on Versus for the PS3 and learning how to develop a game for that system? I still have a feeling that KH3 is going to be on the PS3 for this very reason.
Having it on the PS4 would render the KH team learning PS3 stuff useless, right?

Rallade

Awards
If it was going to be for PS4, then why would Nomura have the main KH team working on Versus for the PS3 and learning how to develop a game for that system? I still have a feeling that KH3 is going to be on the PS3 for this very reason.
Having it on the PS4 would render the KH team learning PS3 stuff useless, right?

I agree with that except for the end, It won't be completely useless, but they will have to learn a lot again

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I agree with that except for the end, It won't be completely useless, but they will have to learn a lot again
Well, yeah, I mean, they'll know how to render graphics in higher def than the PS2, at least, but learning an entirely new system just for KH3? Nah, they'll probably want to make it for PS3 for these reasons:

1. Already stated above; they just learned how to make things for PS3.

2. I assume KH3 will come around very late 2013 to late 2014; probably about the same time as the PS4, if the rumors are true. So, why would Nomura want his prized and sought after for by the entire fanbase game on a console that will be just released at the time, meaning not as many people will have one compared to PS3 owners. More owners of the console the game is on=more buyers. More buyers=more money. Square Enix, like all other companies, likes money.

3. The graphics of the early PS4 games will probably be about the same as the current/near future PS3 games anyways, since developers won't be used to it and haven't had enough time to explore the system's capacity. So, if there's no graphical difference between what KH3 would look like on the PS3/PS4, plus it's not a graphically demanding game anyways, what's the point?

The only way I could see any reason for KH to be on the PS4 is if they made it a launch/early game title in order to help Sony sell more consoles. Though, I don't think even KH3 would make that much of a rise in PS4 sales.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm going to assume it's for the PS3, if to only halt the rumor the next numbered title marches in tandem with PS4.

Birth by Sleep and it's Final Mix were released towards the end of the PSP's first generation. The same for Re:coded, released not even a year before the next gen DS came out. There's no reason KHIII can't be the same. Other than Dream Drop Distance, I really can't think of any other KH title that was made for the "latest and greatest" technology, and even with how rapidly it was developed it wasn't instantaneous with the 3DS's release.

Your PS3's won't implode when the PS4 comes out. There will still be games for it emerging.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Your PS3's won't implode when the PS4 comes out.

I also doubt KH3 would be on PS4. However, I hope if KH3 is on PS3 it also gets released for Vita since FFX HD is being treated the same way.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's definitely coming on a Sony console, most likely the PS3. However, it could go multiplatform, seeing as SE isn't a single console company any longer, though it would most likely end up on the Wii U rather than the 360 since the KH fanbase mostly owns a PlayStation or a Nintendo console, while Xbox owners are mostly shooter-gaming fans.

Still, Nomura seems to like having his games console exclusive, since he wants to utilize every component of the machine he works on. Having a game multi platform means he can't use the Cell technology, blu-ray, hard-drives or anything else like that to it's full potential if KH3 were to go multi-plat.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I can see it being on a Playstation and XBOX, but that's it. The Wii port would be too much work to do anyways,

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
KH will go where the money goes; simple as that. I couldn't care less about platform loyalty, as long as it ends up on the console I have.

I refuse to play any system that based itself on the horrible idea of motion control gaming. Wii is dead to me in all forms
Uh...You know what you're talking about right now?

Zak1403

Honestly whats the big deal with having KH3 on BOTH PS3 and 360? Maybe even the WiiU (although I doubt it).

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Honestly whats the big deal with having KH3 on BOTH PS3 and 360? Maybe even the WiiU (although I doubt it).

Honestly would they put it on the 360? 360 pretty much just about dead in Japan plus KH3 would be the first game of the series to come on the xbox, but then again a HD collection could come out beforehand to create some hype. Not like I care if the game would become multiplat anyway.

TheRoadToDawn

The way I see it, Nomura is a Sony fanboy at heart. He loves the playstation brand. Im pretty sure he'd obviously want to make it for the PS3. Now as for the PS4, the only way I see them wanting to make it for that system would be possibly for maximizing their luminous engine since they're only partially using it for the lighting in Versus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back