• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Bugs NO SPOILERS INSIDE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MardukKurios

This is not a spoiler, this is a notification that I found two Bugs or "Mistakes" in the Western Version.

After the first Dive with Sora, the Journal also listed up the last Dive of the game.

The Game switched the Characteres in case of the Special Portals.

I finished a Special Portal with Sora, but the Journal said, I finished this one with Riku.
When I finished the next Special Portal with Riku, the Journal now told me that I finished THAT one with Sora.
I don't know if this is good or bad, but since a Keyblade is hanging as a reward for all those portals it could be not cool if it would not work out in the end.

I already wrote Square Enix Europe about this matter and I hope that they can help with a Update for the game.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I can't say I completely understand what you're saying (I don't have the game yet because NA), but I hope they address and resolves this issue as soon as possible.

State

Awards
I can't say I completely understand what you're saying (I don't have the game yet because NA), but I hope they address and resolves this issue as soon as possible.
It's basically the journal glitching, which could potentially affect a reward. Other than that, I hope SE of NA correct this issue in the eleven days they have before the game releases (assuming they aren't using this week to distribute the game to retailers). But on a positive note, they could always release a patch via wireless.

P.S. In before someone referencing coded because of the Journal acting up, lol.

MardukKurios

It's basically the journal glitching, which could potentially affect a reward. Other than that, I hope SE of NA correct this issue in the eleven days they have before the game releases (assuming they aren't using this week to distribute the game to retailers). But on a positive note, they could always release a patch via wireless.

P.S. In before someone referencing coded because of the Journal acting up, lol.

Yes it is like you wrote that down.

Well, as long as it says you finished with both characters, I think you should be okay...

I don't know if this is really okay, since it messed up the data.

I already informed Square Enix which told me that Nintendo is in charge for all support for the game.
With that Information I wrote Nintendo the same thing.
Actually I hope they can fix this with a patch.

And here is a picture of the Jorunal in German, which says I dived in Traverse Town and the End:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for reporting this MardukKurios! I hope it doesn't really affect us obtaining a "certain Keyblade" from completing all Dive Portals. It seems like a translation error.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes it is like you wrote that down.

I don't know if this is really okay, since it messed up the data.

I already informed Square Enix which told me that Nintendo is in charge for all support for the game.
With that Information I wrote Nintendo the same thing.
Actually I hope they can fix this with a patch.

And here is a picture of the Jorunal in German, which says I dived in Traverse Town and the End:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

:x Keep playing, and keep going back to check. It might be nothing.

MardukKurios

Thanks for reporting this MardukKurios! I hope it doesn't really affect us obtaining a "certain Keyblade" from completing all Dive Portals. It seems like a translation error.

I hope Nintendo will work out a patch.

The Translation Error with being in the Special Portal (you can only get hit 2 times) is not so bad, since you have 3 hits, but the Journal keeps the Special Portals in the right directions, Sora is always listed first, then follows Riku with the same world.

Just let us hope that this is not affecting to obtain this Keyblade!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Hm, this is odd...I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere. And some people have been playing the game for over two days now...

Either way, as long as its not game breaking its not too bad, but yeah I hope they patch it anyway.

State

Awards
Hm, this is odd...I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere. And some people have been playing the game for over two days now...

Either way, as long as its not game breaking its not too bad, but yeah I hope they patch it anyway.
They're probably not looking at the journal, honestly. I think that, before I became obsessed with looking at the journal, I took a gander once per world, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The first bug I can't confirm actually. After I dived with Sora to Traverse and looked into the journal it only says: Dive Mode: Sora: Traverse Town.

And I have the German version too.

SORA619

Awards
The first and only bug I encountered was when I was fighting the boss in La Cité des Cloches with Riku. He grubbed me and when he tossed me I ended up in town square after the fire and Riku didn't stop falling. I will upload the video one of these days to get a better image.

MardukKurios

Okay guys, Nintendo wrote back and said this isn't a problem at all.

But now the bad news... it is, you can't obtain End of Pain in the Western Version.

I am in Pranksters Paradise with Sora and it says in the Forecast, that I have to meet a Ice Penguin Dream Eater.
But now comes the weird part, Sora does not find ANY Portals in this World at all.
I fought the Boss, got the Keyblade and reentered again, you cannot find any Special Portal.

Now I realized that the Game still has its special Portals BUT Pranksters Paradise is split in two Huge Areas.
With Sora you are in the Park and with Riku you are inside of Monstro.
So the Special Portal which is shown to me is located inside Monstro. And if I switch both Characteres and stand inside Monstro the Portals will be in Soras Place again.

So this is the sad realization that with that BUG you can't obtain End of Pain, because with Pranksters Paradise Riku and Sora get to other Parts of each World, unreachable for the next one. I have to report to Nintendo now, again, I hope they will do something, because that's very bad!

Okay guys, I think this Problem is connected with two Keyblades:
End of Pain for all Special Portals and Overdrive with it's Secret Portals.
Since all this Data is in one Package, you can't obtain End of Pain neither you get Overdrive.

I wrote Nintendo again and I really hope they will find a Solution as fast as possible!

Last edited:

MardukKurios

Actually I wanted to test something and started a new game on the 2nd Slot...
In my second Save - this Error didn't occured, but I am still pretty pissed for coming that far with the Game just to start a new... :(

I have to restart the game.

LAA

Thanks for making this known! I actually encountered this too, but I just thought I was confused at first. I also had the same problem with "End" showing up on my dive at the the beginning also in my first playthrough.
On my first playthrough I beat a special portal with sora, then after I dropped to riku and sora again, I noticed it said I beat the special portal with riku, which had me confused, but I just thought I must have done it with riku perhaps...
I think you're right about the portals appearing in the wrong place too for the character. I remember when playing as riku in traverse town 2nd visit, and there was a portal behind boxes and found I just couldnt get to it, however I believe this was fixed after 2 drops. Oddly the boxes positions switched places, so I couldnt go backwards, but I could get the portal. I'm unsure if that counted however as a portal win for riku or sora.
However I am now on my 2nd playthrough on critical, and I just confirmed I havented got "End" listed on my dive mode and I'm in La Cite des Cloches for both characters now. Sadly I'm not sure if link portals have messed up. I know one of my link portals listed is correct at least, but not sure about the other one. I hope its fixed, so far however, it seems on a 2nd playthrough the problems seem fixed so far, still a massive pain though.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Wow, this is pretty bad.

So if "End" appears in your journal after diving to Traverse Town you better restart the game, correct?

Last edited:

LAA

Wow, this is pretty bad.

So if "End" appears in your journal after diving to Traverse Town you better restart the game, correct?

Really not sure to be honest.
All I know is that on the first game, I remember noticing "End" showing up on dive mode records and later on in the game I experienced link portals messing up.
Its possible they're both linked, but not entirely sure for now.

MardukKurios

Actually the "End"-Entry is caused by a Tutorial or Movie from the Chronicles, or at least it seemed to happen after I played a while without touching them, then doing them for the sake of completion, which gave me the Entry.

And for the "correct" Version I had to Re-Start the Game 6 times!

Now everything seems fine, the Portals are okay and well, we will see.

The Data-Switch Bug occures after Rikus first Drop and introducing the Drop Gauge, because I had seen a Portal with Riku right next to him and Sora woke up there with the same Portal, which never appears for him at all.

I will copy the Ultimania Data of the Portal Maps for all of you, this will help you to check if your Data is still in the correct order, if not, start again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back