• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm still so bad with lighting.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu

Awards
It really aggravates me to no end.
tumblr_m7ettqOxP61qktsr9o1_500.png

tumblr_m7gl7g3pE41qktsr9o1_500.png

Probably have to do some serious TF2 to calm myself down.

CnC suckers.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Man lighting is a little tricky, but the best way is to just set a fractal or something to dodge. Seems like the light should come from the upper right. Otherwise? It's pretty good, my own preference is smudging but I do like this a lot.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I like it a lot, and how Ven actually looks like he fits there. The colors are good and I see those pen lines you made on his Keyblade's teeth.

For the lighting:
view
view
0723ygjp.png

view
view

We can see in the render that the light is coming from the top to middle right. I drew the arrows to show how the light would affect those areas and Ven. But then there's also a lesser light source to his left, which you've already got down with the red C4Ds.

Anyways, I think it's a great piece, just with some lighting missing. That's all. Everything else is perfect.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I like it a lot, and how Ven actually looks like he fits there. The colors are good and I see those pen lines you made on his Keyblade's teeth.

For the lighting:
view
view
0723ygjp.png

view
view

We can see in the render that the light is coming from the top to middle right. I drew the arrows to show how the light would affect those areas and Ven. But then there's also a lesser light source to his left, which you've already got down with the red C4Ds.

Anyways, I think it's a great piece, just with some lighting missing. That's all. Everything else is perfect.

Woot :D Saving the day!

So yeah, if you just do that with the lighting, Malibu, you're as good as gold.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
lol dude you could always try two things

Bright BG colors that pop with the fg and mg.

Or

Curves +
White Soft brush + Lighten.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
funk man just throw a white brush and repeat about 6 times and you'll have a tag just like mine then you can say you know everything about lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back