• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Disney World/Land Kingdom Hearts Pin (#2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Last year Disneyland Resort released their first every Kingdom Hearts Pin (you can look it up, it had Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in front of the Door to Darkness with the KH logo in the top left). This was important because it signified the Disney parks' first attempt to revisit the KH series since KH2's release. That pin was limited to a very small number and obviously sold out instantly in accordance with such a small number (I believe only 250 were produced).

This year, both Disneyland and Disneyworld are going to release their second official KH pin, and this pin doesn't seem to carry an edition size (so I don't know how many of this one will be made). Unlike the last pin, this pin will not have custom artwork, but it will be 1/2 the price last year's pin, which was around $15 per pin. The pin will focus on the iconic artwork from KH2 of Mickey Mouse in his organization coat.

This is what the pin looks like:
400006419941.jpg

More info can be found here:
Disney Pin Trading Site: Kingdom Hearts - Mickey Mouse

I believe this pin deserves more recognition than you are giving it. As mentioned earlier, the Disney parks have largely chosen to ignore any information about Kingdom Hearts since KH2 was released and I believe last years pin tested the waters to see how well a KH pin would be received. Sadly, that pin only had a very small amount made so the parks couldn't guess how well KH would do overall. This pin doesn't carry an edition size, so I believe the parks want to see how many of this pin will sell in order to grade KH's popularity among the park. If this pin does exceptionally well, we may be seeing more KH pins in the parks soon, and if those do well, I believe there is a chance KH may be given a second chance in the parks. My hope is that if this pin does very well, perhaps Disney will give at least some recognition to KH's 10th anniversary this year, whether it be a poster or more.

I for sure plan on purchasing this pin when it comes out (though I will be in Disneyland mid-August), what about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
There needs to be more Kingdom Hearts Merchandise at Disney Parks. There is no excuse not to promote one of your most biggest brands outside of theme parks

MadasaHatter

I posted this a while ago, but it go lost in a lot of discussion, they also sell two keychains! I found them during Christmas time last year in tomorrowland at Disneyland and I'm pretty sure they still sell them.

img2458u.jpg

I talked to the CMs(I'm good friends with a lot of them) and they told me they're testing the waters for KH merch so we might see some more in the future!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I posted this a while ago, but it go lost in a lot of discussion, they also sell two keychains! I found them during Christmas time last year in tomorrowland at Disneyland and I'm pretty sure they still sell them.

Oh man, really? ;A;

Would it be possible if you can find us an online source for them so we can make sure they're still available? :3

I talked to the CMs(I'm good friends with a lot of them) and they told me they're testing the waters for KH merch so we might see some more in the future!

That's great news! (My dream is to someday see KH Vinylmation *u*)

MadasaHatter

There's nowhere that I know of to confirm they still sell these, but I found a few sellers on ebay selling them where they said they got them from WDW, so I think that right there proves they still sell them.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Well, doesn't this look cheap and no effort was made for it to look on par with the other pins. Disney, why put this out without even trying? I get it that pretty much no one is going to have this pin because the large majority of people who visit the parks have no idea what KH is, but at least try.

crash13

Awards
If I go to Downtown Disney for whatever reason I'll look at the kiosk they have full of pins there. I live near Orlando so we go there somewhat often. My brother and his family go there a lot and collect pins to I'll ask him to try and find me one next time they go.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Oh and I was just in Disney World two days ago. Btw I went to Japan in Epcot to look for some KH stuff and they had zero, nothing.
Anyways I really can't wait for this pin. I'm so gonna get it!

Also gonna add that on the Disney trading pin site it says it's from the game Kingdom of Hearts. lol.

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
Those keychains are really cool, the heartless symbol on the left I believe is the Pewter ring keychain that was also sold at Hot Topic, but I have yet to see the right one in stores so I'm glad they have some exclusive stuff. Now that I know they are testing the waters, I'm going to drill the crap out of the workers when I go to Disneyland. If I can ask different people on different days they might think different people are asking xP

doortolight

Awards
You can find the Mickey Mouse a lot of places, they don't need to attach the KH name to it to increase interest in KH.

well a friend of mine went awhile back and was looking for a keychain like that, and couldn't find one

next time I go, if I ever go again I will deffinatly be on the look out

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It does look fairly plain, but some prefer a more simplistic design. I can see this selling hot, because Mickey looks pretty hip, I mean he's decked out in a hooded, black jacket. :] The other KH pin was really an elaborate piece of art, but honestly I could never see myself wearing either of them. Good news for collectors!

Those keychains look nice, too! That pewter emblem, ...kindof want~

Abvirtual

Wow, and I thought they had more KH stuff than this at Disneyland or Disneyworld....
It's nice but they need more!!

kupo1121

Awards
It does look fairly plain, but some prefer a more simplistic design. I can see this selling hot, because Mickey looks pretty hip, I mean he's decked out in a hooded, black jacket. :] The other KH pin was really an elaborate piece of art, but honestly I could never see myself wearing either of them. Good news for collectors!

Those keychains look nice, too! That pewter emblem, ...kindof want~

Honestly, Disney Park pins aren't really made with wearing them in mind (you should really see them if you think the last KH one was elaborate. The Disney park pins are big collector's items that people get to trade and collect. I do have one of the 1st KH pin and I won't dare take it out of the wrapping. It is very flashy, but in person, it looks SOOOOOO nice.. ;3)

It's nice but they need more!!

Hence why they are testing the waters for KH merchandise right now, in hopes that if it sells well, they will make more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Honestly, Disney Park pins aren't really made with wearing them in mind (you should really see them if you think the last KH one was elaborate. The Disney park pins are big collector's items that people get to trade and collect. I do have one of the 1st KH pin and I won't dare take it out of the wrapping. It is very flashy, but in person, it looks SOOOOOO nice.. ;3)

Oh, I know that, but since I hardly collect "things" (due to my distaste for hoarding versus the product), I could never see myself just buying it to wear on a shirt, a backpack, etc., which is its sole function parallel to showcasing it as art/treasure lol~ I bet your pin looks amazing when the light dances off it. *u*

kupo1121

Awards
Oh, I know that, but since I hardly collect "things" (due to my distaste for hoarding versus the product), I could never see myself just buying it to wear on a shirt, a backpack, etc., which is its sole function parallel to showcasing it as art/treasure lol~ I bet your pin looks amazing when the light dances off it. *u*

Honestly, no. I have a decent amount of Disney pins (around 20 or so) and although the KH one is definitely on the nicer side, if I weren't into KH so much, the pin itself pales in comparison to some of the other ones. However, the small details like how they made it 3D and custom made it is nice.

I just find it kind of funny how most of the products they are releasing of KH all include Mickey somehow yet they were so stingy to give SE the rights to show Mickey in the first KH anyways and now all they are using from KH is Mickey. Oh the irony lol xP My dream item this year would be a pin that is of the 10th anniversary logo purely because it is KH's 10th anniversary and that means so much xP

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Honestly, no. I have a decent amount of Disney pins (around 20 or so) and although the KH one is definitely on the nicer side, if I weren't into KH so much, the pin itself pales in comparison to some of the other ones. However, the small details like how they made it 3D and custom made it is nice.

Welp. That kinda sucks. Hope future KH pins are given the royal treatment. xD

I just find it kind of funny how most of the products they are releasing of KH all include Mickey somehow yet they were so stingy to give SE the rights to show Mickey in the first KH anyways and now all they are using from KH is Mickey. Oh the irony lol xP My dream item this year would be a pin that is of the 10th anniversary logo purely because it is KH's 10th anniversary and that means so much xP
It is ironic, but it's a logical move from a business standpoint. Mickey wasn't to be as heavily associated with the first Kingdom Hearts if it wasn't a success, but since it was they want his merchandise ripe for the picking first - poster boy privileges. Anyways, the vast majority of Disney resort visitors would prefer Mickey merchandise over Sora, no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back