• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The voice from the beginning of KH1 has been troubling me. . .

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

theirlosthearts

Awards
I know that the voice that Sora hears in the beginning of KH1 is supposed to be the King, but I find a couple of things about that to be strange. First, the voice does not have the same accent/vernacular as Mickey. Second, the voice seems to know and gain some knowledge of Sora, which the King seems to have none of in his letter to Donald (and it seems that he wrote that letter not long after Sora's dive to the heart), being as general as possible in talking about the key-bearer. Could somebody please explain these to me?

Honestly, going through the dive to the heart and thinking of Mickey's voice speaking just changes the atmosphere completely. And the way the words are presented onscreen doesn't seem to jibe with Mickey's style, although, that could just be me.

And no, I haven't been hearing voices Xp

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You are right, now that I think about the voice does not speak the way Mickey usually does. I am honestly not sure why that it is, but I mean it has been confirmed to be Mickey.

As for why he left out any defining information on Sora, maybe he believed it had to be a "their hearts will lead them to each other" sort of deal instead of just saying "this is where he is, this is his name and what he looks like, go get him!" That, or maybe he just enjoys trolling his subjects? :p

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It always seemed kind of iffy to me too. I take as one of those things they changed later on, like the voice didn't have any real concepts behind it at first, besides being a mysterious voice, but then they needed to come up with an explanation for it so they just said it was Mickey. Kind of like what they did with Kingdom Hearts. Its appearance was meant to be vague and mysterious but by KH2 they decided to make it more defined so made it into a shape of a heart like on the cover of the first game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I originally believed it to be Ventus, but it was confirmed to be King Mickey Mouse, so I guess I was wrong.

theirlosthearts

Awards
You are right, now that I think about the voice does not speak the way Mickey usually does. I am honestly not sure why that it is, but I mean it has been confirmed to be Mickey.
<br />
<br />
I wonder if they planned for it to be Mickey at the beginning. Or it might have just been a cop-out. Also, how much of a connection does Mickey need to communicate with somebody's heart? Unless I'm not remembering something from BbS, Mickey had not had any contact with Sora before the dive to the heart. Or maybe the fact that they both wielded keyblades might have had something to do with it.<br />
<br />
As for why he left out any defining information on Sora, maybe he believed it had to be a "their hearts will lead them to each other" sort of deal instead of just saying "this is where he is, this is his name and what he looks like, go get him!" That, or maybe he just enjoys trolling his subjects? :p
Maybe he didn't want them to just track down Sora like a bloodhound (waitasecond, Goofy's a dog. . .), but I don't think Mickey even defined Sora's gender, and you'd Mickey would give them at least enough info (considering the species diversity involved, saying that the key-bearer was human might have also been valid) to have a general idea of what to look for. And Mickey as a troll? XD

It always seemed kind of iffy to me too. I take as one of those things they changed later on, like the voice didn't have any real concepts behind it at first, besides being a mysterious voice, but then they needed to come up with an explanation for it so they just said it was Mickey. Kind of like what they did with Kingdom Hearts. Its appearance was meant to be vague and mysterious but by KH2 they decided to make it more defined so made it into a shape of a heart like on the cover of the first game.

That's what I was thinking, maybe it'll be improved in a HD version. . .Nah, that'll never happen ;-;

I originally believed it to be Ventus, but it was confirmed to be King Mickey Mouse, so I guess I was wrong.

I was blown away when I found out that it was Mickey. Originally, I thought that it might have actually been Kingdom Hearts speaking to Sora, especially since the beginning of Ventus' BbS storyline implied that the glass pillar-things are hearts.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Although the article that said that it was Mickey's voice was in the first Ultimania, it wasn't actually written by Nomura. Therefore, I find its credibility to be iffy.

In related news, I've always wondered why Sora was in an Awakening full of PoH pillars.

Last edited:
Awards
What I'm wondering is if Sora is still the one who will open the door. Or was that referring to when Ansem SOD opened te door to darkness meh. Confusion..

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
What I'm wondering is if Sora is still the one who will open the door. Or was that referring to web Ansen SOD opened te door to darkness meh. Confusion..

If there ever was a straight-forward answer, I suppose the voice would be referring to the Door to Light. However, I think it was speaking metaphorically.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Although the article that said that it was Mickey's voice was in the first Ultimania, it wasn't actually written by Nomura. Therefore, I find its credibility to be iffy.

That's it, I'm not believing anything from the Ultimanias again. Well, at least for this.

In related news, I've always wondered why Sora was in an Awakening full of PoH pillars.
PoH pillars?

What I'm wondering is if Sora is still the one who will open the door. Or was that referring to when Ansem SOD opened te door to darkness meh. Confusion..

I don't think it would be when Ansem SoD opened the DtD since the voice speceficially referred to Sora with "you." Whether the voice was speaking literally or metaphorically still remains to be seen.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
That was suppose to be the king? How would you ever be able to make that connection? I always just thought it was Ansem.

theirlosthearts

Awards
haha I don't even know how many versions of that man there are anymore. I was assuming it was the Ansem from the original game.

That would be Ansem SoD. Why would he tell Sora to not be afraid, that Sora was the one who would open the door, and that Sora had the strongest weapon of all? I just couldn't see him doing that or having a reason to do that. Or is there something I'm forgetting?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
truth be told I didn't think much of it. At the time it was a simple enough plot so I didn't really think twice about it. But your right, in context it would make more sense for a friend of Sora to say that, they probably should have just used a less evil sounding voice.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Waitasecond, evil sounding voice? I don't remember there actually being any audio, or do you mean the presentation of the words onscreen seemed evil? I dunno, but they seemed more mysterious to me. Or was there an actual voice in a FM or something?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
...............nope you are right, there is no audio voice, my memory is very hazy. I'm getting it mixed up with Ansem's appearance in front of the door, my mistake.

Key Wielder

Awards
When the Ultimania said that it was supposed to be the king, I sort of assumed that it was more like Mickey was reaching out to the other Key, whoever that might be. The same day Sora has that dream, Mickey has already decided to investigate why the worlds are disappearing and said in the letter that Donald and Goofy needed to find the Key. (They find the letter the next morning, so Mickey would have left on the first day.) If he was simply calling out to the heart of the other Keyblade wielder, he wouldn't have known Sora's name yet to tell Donald, especially since his name doesn't come up in the Awakening.

There is the fact that Riku was supposed to get the Keyblade at first, not Sora, which would seem to indicate that he should have been speaking to Riku instead. However, given that Sora was having an Awakening to begin with, maybe it had something to do with the fact that he had Ven's heart as well. If Mickey was calling out to the other Keyblade wielder, that would mean the Keyblade would have already appeared to that person. Mickey's heart would have been connected to Sora through Ventus, so perhaps since the Keyblade hadn't appeared yet, his voice reached Sora's heart because of Ven's dormant Keyblade. (It obviously didn't go anywhere since Roxas could wield it but was dormant because Sora couldn't in the first game.)

As for the vernacular... I can only assume we're not supposed to be able to tell that it is Mickey until later. If they worded it like they did in the letter or the FM scene where he speaks to Riku, we would know immediately that it was Mickey talking. One of the most dramatic parts of the game is supposed to be when we actually meet Mickey for the first time, though, so it would be a little anticlimactic to know that technically he and Sora have already met. That's just a guess, though. :)

...I have no clue if that made any sense, but that is how I see it if it is supposed to be King Mickey's voice.

Last edited:
Awards
But, the other key would've been riku at the time. Sora only became the other key when Riku was fading into the darkness and Sora connected with his heart. Or at least, if I Remember right

Key Wielder

Awards
But, the other key would've been riku at the time. Sora only became the other key when Riku was fading into the darkness and Sora connected with his heart. Or at least, if I Remember right

You're remembering correctly; it should have gone to Riku, but he let himself fall into the darkness instead. What I meant was that the Keyblade hadn't presented itself to anyone yet at that point, either Sora or Riku. So, if Mickey was calling out to a Keyblade wielder (the one he mentions in the letter), neither of them would have fit the bill. That's why I am thinking it had something to do with Ven's Keyblade already being there; although dormant, his is technically the only one left with its wielder at that point in the series. That's just my own speculation, though. :)

It still makes sense that it was Mickey, though, given what he says about opening the door and, at the end, the door to light. I guess it's just a matter of why his voice spoke to Sora's heart instead of Riku's, which was where I got the idea about Ventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back