• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ("Doesn't this street look familiar?!")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Endless Strategy

Discuss anything related to the long-running manga "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" by Hirohiko Araki here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

A very enjoyable series.

How can one not love a little Jojo?

Fighting game was pretty cool too.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

I've never heard of this one. Based on the title, I assumed it was about the pop star JoJo. xD

1exploitableiamdisappoi.jpg

I love this series, what little I've been able to enjoy of it. The character designs are always so varied and enjoyable, even as long running as it is. Definitely a feat worthy of praise.

Endless Strategy

I've never heard of this one. Based on the title, I assumed it was about the pop star JoJo. xD

Then I'll be the first to say, unless you are a complete pacifist who hates watching fighting of any sort, you will probably love this series. It's pretty much dead even with One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist for my favorite manga ever. The character designs are excellent, the fights and abilities are well designed and more creative than anything I've read before or since.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Jump Ultimate Stars got me interested in this series but I haven't read more than a few chapters. I definitely plan to go through with it though once my insanely long list of manga to read shortens a bit.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Fantastic series. I've read all of the parts up to six at the moment of which I'm reading now (not enjoying it AS much as past parts of JoJo's but we'll see) but it is brilliant.

I think Part 3 or 4 could be my favourite.

Dio is magnificant.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Another series I really need to read. I played the games by Capcom and loved them despite how broken they were, and the art looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Endless Strategy

Fantastic series. I've read all of the parts up to six at the moment of which I'm reading now (not enjoying it AS much as past parts of JoJo's but we'll see) but it is brilliant.

I think Part 3 or 4 could be my favourite.

Dio is magnificant.

Part 4 is certainly my favorite. Best Villain, Best supporting character (Rohan Kishibe), and second best overall protagonist (behind Joseph Joestar). It had some of the best fights in the entire series, though parts 2 and 5 make it a really close competition in that regard.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

As you can see, I too am a big Rohan fan haha.
I think Joseph in Part 4 is the only bad thing about it pains me to see the badass who crashed a plane into a volcano to defeat a vampire being such an old man now. Made me sad

Best villain? Hhhmmm....not sure there. He's definitely second place, but Dio. Dio is fantastic.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Part 5 but I really did enjoy a lot of the fights.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

I checked out the wiki today to see how little I read compared to how much there is. I had no idea this series is still going! Holy hell Araki is a beast of a man.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I checked out the wiki today to see how little I read compared to how much there is. I had no idea this series is still going! Holy hell Araki is a beast of a man.

He is immortal though so don't think it matters to him that much.

Endless Strategy

Best villain? Hhhmmm....not sure there. He's definitely second place, but Dio. Dio is fantastic.

Sure, Dio is very charismatic, quotable, intimidating, powerful, and resourceful. But he loses some coolness points for being a moron. Instead of ambushing the heroes with his collective force, he sends one minion at a time to deal with them. That is the epitome of stupidity. I can understand sending Tower of Grey to crash their plane, but beyond that he should have just staged a collective attack. Yoshikage Kira has no problem like this. Most of the enemies in part 4 weren't his doing. Of the ones that were, Boy II Man, Superfly, and Cheap Trick couldn't really work together, and Enigma had a fighting style that directly conflicted with Highway Star.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Maybe it is more of an arrogance thing, I mean we've seen that Dio thinks himself like a god. I put it down to him thinking that he only need's to send like one at a time.

A good example of which can be seen in the Daniel J. D'Arby fight with his stand Osiris where they gamble, nearly losing everyone and only saved at the last minute by Joseph.

Thing is Yoshikage Kira didn't need like a force of stand users, he just commited murders and got away with it whilst the other stand users the group met were mostly coincidental like that Chef. Dio needed a different kind of strategy, just seemed his didn't work.

In other news, I've put off reading Part 6 at the moment as I just couldn't get into it so I've started reading Steel Ball Run and am enjoying the funk out of it. Just finished the first part of the race, what a great collection of characters.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Sure, Dio is very charismatic, quotable, intimidating, powerful, and resourceful. But he loses some coolness points for being a moron. Instead of ambushing the heroes with his collective force, he sends one minion at a time to deal with them. That is the epitome of stupidity. I can understand sending Tower of Grey to crash their plane, but beyond that he should have just staged a collective attack. Yoshikage Kira has no problem like this. Most of the enemies in part 4 weren't his doing. Of the ones that were, Boy II Man, Superfly, and Cheap Trick couldn't really work together, and Enigma had a fighting style that directly conflicted with Highway Star.
As a complete and total music nerd, I adore this conversation. I keep picturing the actual bands instead of the Stands.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

My favorites are Notorious B.I.G. and Marylin Manson, because that one's impossible to let go. With Aerosmith or most the others, it's like "ok he worked it a clever way so that it's ok to have that name". But those are just straight up names and not even remotely clever.

Endless Strategy

My favorites are Notorious B.I.G. and Marylin Manson, because that one's impossible to let go. With Aerosmith or most the others, it's like "ok he worked it a clever way so that it's ok to have that name". But those are just straight up names and not even remotely clever.

You like the names because they're totally unrelated to the actual stands? Anyway, it's still a rather nice naming theme, makes everything sound cool.
Then lets talk about Part 2 with its villains AC/DC, Cars and Wham shall we?

You left out Santana. Regardless, they're probably the best group of villains overall in Jojo. I really appreciated part 2 for its brevity. As fun as Jojo is, a perfect story can't meander, and part 2 doesn't. It's very tightly knit, and that lets it give every character their focus.

Santana was rather forgettable, mainly just serving to introduce the main villains (and give one heck of a fight). AC/DC was my least favorite, having a cool ability but a really weird personality. Though every time I think of him I start laughing because he has the most ridiculous name in existence. How does a 10000+ years old being have that name?

Cars was a good character, how I imagine I would be if I were a Pillar Man. Goal-oriented, calm, more than willing to resort to dirty tactics. His final transformation gave a very exciting conclusion to the arc.

Wham is by far the best of the 4 though. He's about as likeable as a genocidal monster can get. More than the Red stone, he just longed for a good fight. He was also very honorable. But more than that, he has some of the best fights in all of JJBA. Caesar vs Wham and Joseph vs Wham were both very unique, strategic fights (The chariot battle is what first comes to mind when I recall part 2).

Back