• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Small theory on last scene...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
...of Sora so this has nothing to do with the secret ending. So we see Sora go back to Tranverse Town in the RoS and get bumrushed by all the Spirits. ANYWAYS as its shown throughout the game Ventus' heart is still in the RoS and occassionally does something to benefit our heroes (like shielding Sora from the darkness). As the last last scene is Ventus sitting on his throne after Sora enters the RoS I figure the beginning of KH3 will be Sora saving Ventus' heart and then eventually saving Aqua so they can retrieve Ventus from CO. This has probably be stated or thought of by many but hey maybe I'm just the firt to post it.

Enjoy and discuss

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I speculated the first part of III would be Donald and Goofy going into the RoS Traverse Town looking for Sora, but I do like this one. It does work very well and makes sense(to the extent of my 3D understanding)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I like the idea, but saving Aqua seems like something that would happen before.
It really depends on how Ventus' heart is going to be restored, which we have no idea about so far.

I speculated the first part of III would be Donald and Goofy going into the RoS Traverse Town looking for Sora, but I do like this one. It does work very well and makes sense(to the extent of my 3D understanding)

That could probably just take a cutscene. Or part of the tutorial.

Seighart

Awards
Seeing as how ""Birth by Sleep" is still a big thing to this series, i believe Sora went back to free Ventus. I mean...shit i'd be smiling to if someone came back for lil ol me

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I wouldn't necessarily say that Ven's heart is in the RoS. Hearts in slumber don't move to the RoS; the RoS is a place made of the dreams of hearts. Well, that's the logic behind the hearts of worlds, so I can't imagine it to be noticeably different for the hearts of people.

iLeen

Awards
Seeing as how ""Birth by Sleep" is still a big thing to this series, i believe Sora went back to free Ventus. I mean...shit i'd be smiling to if someone came back for lil ol me

I thought Nomura said Sora went back to say bye to his Dreameaters and Ven smiled because he was happy that Sora was happy...simple concept that I totally overlooked because I thought he was going back to free Ven's heart as wellXD

But it makes sense since Goofy and Donald seemed to be expecting Sora to come back soon.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I thought Nomura said Sora went back to say bye to his Dreameaters and Ven smiled because he was happy that Sora was happy...simple concept that I totally overlooked because I thought he was going back to free Ven's heart as wellXD

But it makes sense since Goofy and Donald seemed to be expecting Sora to come back soon.

That is the reason why. Sora went back to the RoS because he fell asleep, so he didn't get to do what he wanted. And he wanted to say goodbye to all his new friends. Since that was a very touching moment for Sora, and made him happy, Ventus felt the same as Sora.

Though I really think it'd be a waste just to have Sora go back to the RoS just to say goodbye. At the end he says that he was asleep so there's still something he needs to do. I'd like to think that he went to the RoS to do more than just say goodbye.

One good thing from this, is that now Sora and Riku have the ability to traverse to the RoS. So I it's definitely going to be a place to return.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
...of Sora so this has nothing to do with the secret ending. So we see Sora go back to Tranverse Town in the RoS and get bumrushed by all the Spirits. ANYWAYS as its shown throughout the game Ventus' heart is still in the RoS and occassionally does something to benefit our heroes (like shielding Sora from the darkness). As the last last scene is Ventus sitting on his throne after Sora enters the RoS I figure the beginning of KH3 will be Sora saving Ventus' heart and then eventually saving Aqua so they can retrieve Ventus from CO. This has probably be stated or thought of by many but hey maybe I'm just the firt to post it.

Enjoy and discuss

Ven's heart is within Sora, not in the RoS.
When Vanitas pops out beside YMX and Kairi and Riku in TWTNW suddenly transforming into Aqua and Terra that is Ven's injured heart inside Sora reacting.
I do doubt however that Sora went back into the RoS for Ven.
Why? Because Sora still doesn't know anything about Ven, neither his name nor the state of his heart. The only people Sora learned about where Naminé, Xion and Roxas. And Roxas was beside that the only one to actually activate his memories inside Sora and made them accessible to him (that is a prerequisite for the tormented to wake up, bring their memories to the surface, as explained by Data-Naminé in Coded).
Beside this, Sora unlocked some of his own memories, namely his encounter with Aqua, but there was no indicator at all that he became truly aware of Ventus.
So if Sora went into the RoS for something beside the Dream Eaters, instead of Ventus I would rather assume it has something to do with Naminé, Xion and/or Roxas.

This scene can still happen if Sora takes longer probably due to unforeseen problems arising.
To me, honestly, it makes not that much sense since Sora never really interacted or became aware of Ventus, we only see his heart reacting sometimes and Sora realizes there's this other heart, but no real conscious "connection" is established.

Yep, that's what Nomura implied.
Ven slightly smiling can also have another meaning though beside him being happy that everything worked out in the end: By lending his armor to Sora he prevented the darkness from overtaking him, giving Riku the time needed to reach Sora's heart and free him. If Ven hadn't done this, there would have been probably no Sora for Riku to save.
So the smile can also be interpreted as Ventus being satisfied that he could for once help Sora, after how much it was already the other way around in the past.

That is the reason why. Sora went back to the RoS because he fell asleep, so he didn't get to do what he wanted. And he wanted to say goodbye to all his new friends. Since that was a very touching moment for Sora, and made him happy, Ventus felt the same as Sora.

Though I really think it'd be a waste just to have Sora go back to the RoS just to say goodbye. At the end he says that he was asleep so there's still something he needs to do. I'd like to think that he went to the RoS to do more than just say goodbye.

One good thing from this, is that now Sora and Riku have the ability to traverse to the RoS. So I it's definitely going to be a place to return.

Yep, and with the possible additional reasoning I pointed out above it gets a double meaning. ^__^

Not only that, remember Yen Sid said to them that both Sora and Riku have gained the power to awaken sleeping hearts. So even if it isn't Ven Sora may still be able to do some good. In fact look for those who sleep in sadness he actually met in the Realm of Sleep.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This scene can still happen if Sora takes longer probably due to unforeseen problems arising.
Donald and Goofy do say that Sora is taking a while in the 3D secret ending. I really think they go looking for him and are afraid something will pop up in Traverse Town(re:their expressions in the BBS V.2. video)

To me, honestly, it makes not that much sense since Sora never really interacted or became aware of Ventus, we only see his heart reacting sometimes and Sora realizes there's this other heart, but no real conscious "connection" is established.
I don't put it past the writers to pull a Once Upon a Time scenario. Sora touches/sees/hears something and all the memories flood back into his head.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Donald and Goofy do say that Sora is taking a while in the 3D secret ending. I really think they go looking for him and are afraid something will pop up in Traverse Town(re:their expressions in the BBS V.2. video)

I don't put it past the writers to pull a Once Upon a Time scenario. Sora touches/sees/hears something and all the memories flood back into his head.

Yup, the scenario fits, seems like the BBS FM-secret ending may have some scenes that are actually for KH III Prologue instead of an own game, considering BBS v2 is apparently postphoned.

Of course, that's what already happened in DDD and was actually shown with Aqua (Sora remembered the one encounter with her) and Roxas (who literally touched Sora and made him see his memories, which made Sora not only understand that Roxas has a heart but also had him feel all the pain he endures).
If the same was done for Naminé and Xion I dunno, their scenes with Sora were really short and with Ven he didn't interact at all. So such a "scenario" would need to be shown before Sora can do anything towards Ventus. Whch means Ven cannot be the first incentive why Sora went back into the RoS.
Considering the sheer importance of their connection (Ven is probably Sora's closest and most important out of the hearts confined in him) I would say it warrants a bit more than just a short "I see you and then cry"-scene like they did with Xion.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

Enjoy and discuss

Ven's heart is within Sora, not in the RoS.
When Vanitas pops out beside YMX and Kairi and Riku in TWTNW suddenly transforming into Aqua and Terra that is Ven's injured heart inside Sora reacting.
I do doubt however that Sora went back into the RoS for Ven.
Why? Because Sora still doesn't know anything about Ven, neither his name nor the state of his heart. The only people Sora learned about where Naminé, Xion and Roxas. And Roxas was beside that the only one to actually activate his memories inside Sora and made them accessible to him (that is a prerequisite for the tormented to wake up, bring their memories to the surface, as explained by Data-Naminé in Coded).
Beside this, Sora unlocked some of his own memories, namely his encounter with Aqua, but there was no indicator at all that he became truly aware of Ventus.
So if Sora went into the RoS for something beside the Dream Eaters, instead of Ventus I would rather assume it has something to do with Naminé, Xion and/or Roxas.

okay sorry What i meant to say in Ventus' heart being in the RoS was more since Sora was in the RoS Ven's sleeping heart within Sora was able to become more active and was able to defend Sora. So my theory is that only by journeying through the RoS will Sora be able to reawaken Ven's heart

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yup, the scenario fits, seems like the BBS FM-secret ending may have some scenes that are actually for KH III Prologue instead of an own game, considering BBS v2 is apparently postphoned.
Finally! I've made so many posts about how BBS v.2 showed the future instead of an actual game, and now someone gained the same idea as me ^_^

Seighart

Awards
okay sorry What i meant to say in Ventus' heart being in the RoS was more since Sora was in the RoS Ven's sleeping heart within Sora was able to become more active and was able to defend Sora. So my theory is that only by journeying through the RoS will Sora be able to reawaken Ven's heart

Perhaps i should have worded my statement like this, but i completely agree with you.

Skyzer

Eraqus told Aqua that anyone that ventured into Castle Oblivion would be cast into Oblivion. The only reason I could see for Organization XIII to be exploring Castle Oblivion is to find Ventus and maybe to trap Sora when Sora, Donald, and Goofy found Castle Oblivion.

WaveK89

The way I see BBSv2 is that it's doesn't have to hint at a new game, but perhaps the events that are to come. Obviously, certain events can't happen anytime later from the current point of the series unless acted on some sort of dream ordeal.

• The worlds fallen to darkness
  • Mickey travels to the RoD to find the kingdom key of the dark realm.
  • Riku's ambition to save his friend, a princess of heart.
  • I like the Donald and Goofy idea posted above or just them looking for the key in KH1.
  • Kairi's in Twilight Town, perhaps, to signify her role as seen in the KH3D secret ending
  • DiZ transplanting the his research inside Sora.
  • Riku watching over Roxas and Xion: Those who were greatly connected to Sora at the time
  • Of course, the many forms of Xehanort.
Sorry for re-stating what is shown in the video, but to clarify...most of these have already happened. The first three could be fleshed out, of course. Especially, Aqua and the worlds fallen to darkness. Some of these scenes could hint the future such as Kairi in Twilight Town, Donald and Goofy, and I sort of like to think Aqua runs into these worlds in the future or pehaps in whatever time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well how do you explain the scenes with Riku holding Kairi in Neverland and Riku watching Roxas and Xion?
Flashbacks from Riku in KH3.Lol, unless I watch the trailer again, I can't remember everything I said.

MasterZeR0

I'm fairly certain it was meant to hint at the game. Especially since Nomura confirmed that BBSV2 was a thing. Until it was postponed of course, but still. They could REPURPOSE it to be foreshadowing 3, but it was meant as a game teaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back