• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Teacher Yells at Student for asking a question on Obama

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Some people just have REALLY strong opinions.
I'm not very supprised, but yeah the teacher over reacted

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
NC teacher reportedly suspended after telling student not to criticize Obama | Fox News

Here's the video of the incident[video=youtube;vjpWaESn_9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpWaESn_9g&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I am stunned at this. What are your thoughts on this?

"As a teacher, I can't have you badmouth the president."

Yeah, that's stupid as hell. A teacher should want his/her students to have own opinions on things. She's doing it wrong.

The thing is, my History teacher from last year didn't tell her opinion about politics. Ever. BUT she asked our opinions and she thought that was important. Heck, the whole reason they was teaching was because she wanted to give us our own opinions on stuff like politics.

That's what a teacher should do.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
teachers are people too. they can have shortcomings on communication and understanding just like anybody else. unfortunately that's probably the worst flaw she could have in combination with her position.

obviously it was a dumb thing to say but the student was certainly not being respectful and curious. he was baiting. her career's probably shot now.

D

Deleted member 36435

why do people just randomly film the ceiling of the classroom

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
why do people just randomly film the ceiling of the classroom

They probably knew she loved Obama and had the kid ask her while they recorded
It would be filiming the ceiling because it would be obvious to the teacher if she saw someone pointing a camera/phone at her while yelling at the kid

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
It's funny because whenever questions like this were asked to my teachers, they would say that they weren't allowed to comment because, as a teacher, they would rather have a student form their own opinion than be influenced by their own opinion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's funny because whenever questions like this were asked to my teachers, they would say that they weren't allowed to comment because, as a teacher, they would rather have a student form their own opinion than be influenced by their own opinion.

Yeah, that was what would happen with my teachers when I was in K-12. I've always assumed teachers sign an agreement not to discuss political views, as well as it being something they are trained not to talk about like religion.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Of course fox news reports this.

I'm not defending the teacher though. this is unacceptable.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Bitch is fucking hypocrite. Lady better be terminated from her position for this. These are the type of liberals I hate.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
These are the type of liberals I hate.

being overly concerned with criticism of the president is not an ideologically liberal thing...

if anything it's anti-dissident but not liberal. liberals have a history of presidential criticism as do conservatives. there's no need for useless partisan grumbling here.

Fox news reports everything.

no, it actually doesn't.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
As much as she should be fired for this, the worst she'll get is suspension as that already happened, and if anything, a requirement of anger management classes. She just overreacted. :/

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Fired? Too harsh. Just a suspension is fine. It isn't like she struck the kid. Just yelled. I don't think that warrants a firing. I know some teachers deserve the right to bitch at some kids.

Ah, Fox news. Turning mole hills into mountains.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
"Didn't Obama say he bullied a girl at his school?"
Teacher: "Do not disrespect the President of the United States!"

Um... say what?
But then again you never know how much shit she gets a day and I don't live in America so I'm not sure what the schooling system is like but my classes have discussions on Prime Ministers and Presidents/ politics all the time and a teacher has never reacted like that.
Maybe she needs a vacay. O-o

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Bitch is fucking hypocrite. Lady better be terminated from her position for this. These are the type of liberals I hate.
it was only four years ago that conservatives were defending the fuck out of Bush.

"don't criticise a president while we're at war". how often was that uttered?

Trag

Bronze Member
lol teaching in the US
it would be cool to live in a reality where they could find and hire competent teachers to educate youth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back