• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darknesses and Lights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You mean the subtitles that read: "However, both Sora and the last one are on our side."?

That was likely a mistranslation. What it should've read was: "However, Sora, the last one, is on our side." Of course, we all know how THAT ended (thanks, Lea)....

I'll admit, though, that when Xehanort describes what happened to Terra, Aqua, and Ven, he does conclude with: "....and one became my vessel." He's right: Terra did become his vessel....in BBS. That doesn't mean that Terra still IS his vessel, though. Xehanort could've just been referring to what happened IN THE PAST.

Also, who says Eraqus is going to "rest in peace"? I think he's going to be revived just like his students.

You can't just go and say something is a mistranslation to fit your ideas. All the translations I have seen say the same thing, one of the lights is on Xehanort's side and that is Terra obviously. There is absolutely no arguing that fact.

How can Terra be free from Xehanort's control if HIS body is Ansem SOD's body?

Actually Terra's body would have been Xemnas' body. Ansem SOD did not have a body until he possessed Riku in KH1.

Smithee

Awards
You can't just go and say something is a mistranslation to fit your ideas. All the translations I have seen say the same thing, one of the lights is on Xehanort's side and that is Terra obviously. There is absolutely no arguing that fact.

I just said I THOUGHT that it was a mistranslation, nothing more.

I guess I just don't like how it seems like Nomura is making Terra look like a complete failure.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I just said I THOUGHT that it was a mistranslation, nothing more.

I guess I just don't like how it seems like Nomura is making Terra look like a complete failure.

I may be bias here considering that Terra is my favorite character out of the BBS trio, but I don't think Terra is a complete failure. In fact I think it may be Terra that ends up screwing up MX's plan in a moment of bad assery in KH3.

All we know right now is that Terra is one of the 13 darknesses, we can't say for sure what is going on in Terra's head, for all we know he is secretly letting MX think he has control of him and is just waiting for the right moment to strike and ruin his plans. Terra did say he was willing to do anything to stop MX no matter the cost.

Smithee

Awards
I may be bias here considering that Terra is my favorite character out of the BBS trio, but I don't think Terra is a complete failure. In fact I think it may be Terra that ends up screwing up MX's plan in a moment of bad assery in KH3.

All we know right now is that Terra is one of the 13 darknesses, we can't say for sure what is going on in Terra's head, for all we know he is secretly letting MX think he has control of him and is just waiting for the right moment to strike and ruin his plans. Terra did say he was willing to do anything to stop MX no matter the cost.

Terra is one of my favorites as well, which is why I come across as rather passionate about this particular subject.

As to your theory of Terra out-gambitting Xehanort, I like it. Better than what I originally theorized. I myself have occasionally pondered the idea of Terra building up Xehanort's ego, then once it's at its peak, bring it all crashing down come KH3. However, with the revelation of the 13 Darknesses in DDD, I began to think this was impossible as, thanks to Xehanort's heart being linked between 13 different people, there is most likely some sort of telepathy going on between MX and the other vessels, rendering him able to sense any sort of rebelliousness from any of his members, including Terra (if he is indeed one of the 13). But, because you yourself have mentioned the possibility of Terra (successfully) deceiving Xehanort, the idea has reawakened in my mind. After all, Eraqus is also inside Terra, so perhaps the "telepathic link" has been greatly hindered, as opposed to the other Darknesses; meaning that Xehanort may not be able to sense Terra's "treachery" after all, and will thus be legitimately shocked when Terra finally strikes.

Basically, I thought Terra being one of the 13 would make him look like he failed to back up his awesome speech in Blank Points, but you have found a way to disprove that. Thank you, Memory Master. Arguement conceded; you win.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
Actually Terra's body would have been Xemnas' body. Ansem SOD did not have a body until he possessed Riku in KH1.

That's right. So... assuming that Neo-Terranort more than likely apart of the 13 Darknesses, does that mean that we have two Terra bodies floating around what with Xemnas having returned?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's right. So... assuming that Neo-Terranort more than likely apart of the 13 Darknesses, does that mean that we have two Terra bodies floating around what with Xemnas having returned?

Yeah kind of. We have NeoTerranort, then we have Xemnas from the past but since Xemnas grew his own he's his own person, not really Terra, just Terra's body and soul.

MasterZeR0

Not sure if it's been brought up, but could AtW be a Xehanort seed? He has the pointed ears and amber eyes. No? Okay. /out

Seighart

Awards
Would you consider Vanitas to be one of these Darknesses now? Since Nomura said we only saw Vanitas because of Ven's heart, do you think he plays any role in the new org now? Is there some hidden similarity between YMX and Vanitas? I believe they both share the same amount of Darkness in their heart...that's about it. I mean...if Vanitas really is one of the 13 Darknesses, could we possibly be facing Heartless, Nobodies, AND Unverse? I thought i read somewhere that they wouldn't be seen again after BBS...so if they wont be seen again...that could rule out Vanitas...=3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Who saays that Vanitas can't be a member of the 13 without the ability to summon Unversed? He has the golden Xehanort-eyes so its probable that he's a seed.
If Ventus didn't destroy his dark heart completely, which is likely since we shortly saw him in DDD, it's very much possible that his heart is asleep just like Terra's, Ven's, Roxas', Naminé's and Xion's right now since he also disappeared.
Furthermore, who's to say that Vanitas isn't to become the new 13th darkness now since Nomura hinted in the interview that Vanitas is different from Ansem SoD and Xemnas.
Xemnas and Ansem appeared physically while Vanitas didn't and Young Xehanort spoke to Sora about having hearts confined within both of them => "aren't there hearts confined within you too?"
This maybe means that either the current Xehanort or even Young Xehanort himself harbors Vanitas' injured heart just like Sora harbors Ven's.
Since they are connected maybe if Ventus finally awakens so will Vanitas as well and fill in as one of the 13 darknesses (if willingly or not is subject to debate, as I get somehow the vibe that except MX, Ansem, Xemnas, Young MX and Xigbar no one is willingly in there).

iLeen

Awards
Who saays that Vanitas can't be a member of the 13 without the ability to summon Unversed? He has the golden Xehanort-eyes so its probable that he's a seed.
If Ventus didn't destroy his dark heart completely, which is likely since we shortly saw him in DDD, it's very much possible that his heart is asleep just like Terra's, Ven's, Roxas', Naminé's and Xion's right now since he also disappeared.
Furthermore, who's to say that Vanitas isn't to become the new 13th darkness now since Nomura hinted in the interview that Vanitas is different from Ansem SoD and Xemnas.
Xemnas and Ansem appeared physically while Vanitas didn't and Young Xehanort spoke to Sora about having hearts confined within both of them => "aren't there hearts confined within you too?"
This maybe means that either the current Xehanort or even Young Xehanort himself harbors Vanitas' injured heart just like Sora harbors Ven's.
Since they are connected maybe if Ventus finally awakens so will Vanitas as well and fill in as one of the 13 darknesses (if willingly or not is subject to debate, as I get somehow the vibe that except MX, Ansem, Xemnas, Young MX and Xigbar no one is willingly in there).

I was thinking the same thing. Just to be clear, you're saying Vanitas was not one of the 12 members present in 3D, but may eventually become the 13th member (taking Sora's spot) when Ven's heart awakens, correct?

urca

This is my first post here,hope i'll make lotsa friends here.
My list of the seven lights is infamous,hopefully i don't get a lot of rage/flaming:
1-Sora (Obviously)
2-Riku (Obviously)
3-Ven (Strong keyblade master with a heart of light)
4-Aqua (Keyblade Master and a warrior of light)
5-Mickey (Obviously)
6-Roxas/Lea (Roxas is a big-time candidate of the seven lights but when i reread his past,he's not that much of a candidate,he referred to himself once as someone from the dark,that's not a good one if you ask me,Lea's a good candidate too,he still needs to train more,that's for sure.)
7-Xion (Yes,I know,not that plausible but hear me out,Xion's death,and Xion's character in general is complicated,she's a replica but Larxene has referred to replicas as they have hearts,at her death,while she was crystalizing,her body turned into lightwave and light particles and faded away,that's a big hint that she has a heart full of light,if anything,that raises her chances of being a candidate,i'm not saying it'll happen,that's just my prediction,take it as it is)

urca

Welcome to the forums! :D
Where nothing matters except your post count!

So basically,if I have more posts than you,i'll have more friends than you?
*rushes to spam w/o reading the rules to find an excuse*

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
So basically,if I have more posts than you,i'll have more friends than you?
*rushes to spam w/o reading the rules to find an excuse*

I was being sarcastic, but if you want to break a record for being the fastest to get banned go for it
(Breaking records involved with recieving bans does not result in friends)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I already broke it a few years ago(on a different forum),not gonna do that here :D.

Well enjoy your stay, if you have any questions feel free to leave me a visitor message.
(back on topic)
Your list is missing Kairi, I doubt they'd give her a keyblade in KH3D and have her not use it

urca

Well enjoy your stay, if you have any questions feel free to leave me a visitor message.
(back on topic)
Your list is missing Kairi, I doubt they'd give her a keyblade in KH3D and have her not use it

Thank you sir!
Well,I gave it a lot of thought,Kairi's gonna kick ass (at least i think so :/),but the issue is the fact that she's a princess of heart,seven lights are supposed to protect the princesses of hearts,my only explanation of her having the training is to save Aqua because as a princess of hearts,darkness doesn't affect her which is why she was able to get into the dark portals without getting affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back