• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I CAN'T.
I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO CAN.

I WAS AT SCHOOL WHERE YOUTUBE WAS BANNED BUT I PROXY'D IT JUST TO WATCH AND I LOVED IT AND WAS CLOSE TO CRYING ZSDL;'GFSDL;HBGILSDOIHZDGFL;IHZD;LHGIGZdLU;OIH

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Nope, it sounds way different. It sounds more like a girl's voice o_O
Josh in TWEWY has a more boyish voice with a hint of...I can't even describe it. Just not like what we saw in the trailer lol.
The gendering here is bothering me (not to worry, that happens), but regardless, I like his voice (he's probably my favorite from TWEWY's cast). But I mean, according to Wiki, he played Roo in one of the Winnie the Pooh films, so that's just his range.
I do agree it sounds different in this clip, though. I'm playing through Joshua's week in TWEWY and he definitely has a higher pitch in 3D, judging by the trailer.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Nope, it sounds way different. It sounds more like a girl's voice o_O
Josh in TWEWY has a more boyish voice with a hint of...I can't even describe it. Just not like what we saw in the trailer lol.

^^ exactly whut I said o.0 he sounds "manlier" in TWEWY to me
But maybe its because I haven't played TWEWY for a couple of years and my ears just aren't familiar w his voice n e more
But he still has the same voice actor apparently...
Regardless, he sounds too girly too me..maybe more dialogue from him will change my mind but definitely like the lower voice he had in the japanese version of the trailerr

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Someone on Youtube was saying Josh's voice sounded different... Is it just me or does that voice just sound fine? :p

I've been playing TWEWY again as of late and I don't really hear a difference at all.

It sounds exactly the same to me, too. I will admit that it sounds a little higher, but you can still totally tell its him.

Besides he is....effeminate to say the least :p The voice fits him perfectly imo

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
It sounds exactly the same to me, too. I will admit that it sounds a little higher, but you can still totally tell its him.

Besides he is....effeminate to say the least :p The voice fits him perfectly imo

Yeah, it definately sounds higher but I mean, the voice, the sound of the voice, to me is still the same :p

Justjack91

Awards
Only flaw was the replacement of "We'll go together" with "Come with me." In BOTH the Japanese and English versions that the normal phrase that's used with the whole hand gesture (including by Sora in KH2).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Dear Zachary Quinto,
I'm so sorry. Maybe next time.
Sincerely, Leonard Nimoy.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Joshua's voice was nice in TWEWY. Certainly fit his character. While, he definitely retains his effeminate nature here, it does seem odd that the voice has raised in pitch. Hm.

Dear Zachary Quinto

I just power-marathoned all four seasons of Heroes. Ok, actually I have the final four episodes left, but still, Zach's voice is fresh in my mind; I could have totally heard him pull off YX. If the series continues its trend, there'll be other Xehanort incarnations though, and he may just get another chance. ;p

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Joshua's voice was nice in TWEWY. Certainly fit his character. While, he definitely retains his effeminate nature here, it does seem odd that the voice has raised in pitch. Hm.

I think it's because on the regular DS, the sound quality wasn't this clear. I'm now playing TWEWY as we speak and I really think it's because of the difference in sound quality. Other than that, the voice sounds pretty much the same.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Only flaw was the replacement of "We'll go together" with "Come with me." In BOTH the Japanese and English versions that the normal phrase that's used with the whole hand gesture (including by Sora in KH2).

This is also my only complaint about it.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Well...that was boring.

Not posting again because it will break my 1,333 post :OOOO

Mostly the voice acting,for some reason sora sounds really odd and the fact i already know everything that happens in the story.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think it's because on the regular DS, the sound quality wasn't this clear. I'm now playing TWEWY as we speak and I really think it's because of the difference in sound quality. Other than that, the voice sounds pretty much the same.

I was going to bring this up us a possibility too :p The sound quality on the DS is not the best. I mean, just listen to his battle quotes posted a few pages back.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I immediately recognized it as Joshua's voice, but I'm not sure if lossy sound quality has anything to due with the difference here. You may be right. Though, Neku's voice didn't sound different to me. Also, this implies that Shiki's voice should sound higher?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I immediately recognized it as Joshua's voice, but I'm not sure if lossy sound quality has anything to due with the difference here. You may be right. Though, Neku's voice didn't sound different to me. Also, this implies that Shiki's voice should sound higher?

Well, I wouldn't really say that. I think the more clear sound quality in this trailer gives the illusion that Josh's voice is a bit more high-pitched but I think it was like this in TWEWY too. The sound quality of the regular DS just 'morphed' his voice in a lower pitched one. I think that's the cause.

maybe you're just boring. What was boring about it?

Nah, he/she can find it boring. As long as he/she respects our opinion, I'll respect his/hers. Everyone has his/her own opinion right? n.n

Last edited:

Danjam

Loved the trailer, and agree with most people saying that Sora sounds weird, but I also thought he sounded weird in Re:CoM and Re:coded, though I got used to it quickly and I don't think it should affect the game for anyone.
On another note, has anyone checked out the KH3D UK site because it appears that they are adding another video, though it appears as a broken link (with the red cross) and when clicked on and when I typed in the url it doesn't work (obviously). The link also has "LOCAL_208" in the url, as compared to the other video with "Announcment_Trailer_HD_720_QT". Thoughts?

EDIT: Ah, working now. It is the same one as on the NA site, which I guessed, but I also thought it may have been like an ad. or something. Nevermind.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Y'know, I am wondering why they released this trailer now? Not that I'm complaining but I mean, you would think they would show this trailer for the first time at E3 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back