• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Yeah, I will get to uploading KH2 Sora soon. Probably this weekend... I've just been preoccupied with other video games and websites.

Venitas

Wow...Riku's voice in kh1 was fantastic. i wish he wasn't so brooding in kh2. Hopefully 3D makes him a bit more animated

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

So I’m watching The Legend of Korra like a boss, and I’m listening to Janet Varney’s voice, and I seriously think she should replace Willa Holland as Aqua’s English voice

They sound almost exactly alike but, Varney emotes more often.

Also Square, I know you have Dante Basco on your phone book give him a role.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I. WOULD. LOVE. JANET VARNEY. *dead*

But let's keep Willa Holland. xD

Rofl. Any character Dante Basco would voice is setting himself up for a lot of honor jokes.

Forsaken Shadow

So I’m watching The Legend of Korra like a boss, and I’m listening to Janet Varney’s voice, and I seriously think she should replace Willa Holland as Aqua’s English voice

They sound almost exactly alike but, Varney emotes more often.

yesplease! I can't stand Aqua's English voice. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but it was unbearable in most places.

Also Dante Basco in a Kingdom Hearts game would make my year.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

yesplease! I can't stand Aqua's English voice. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but it was unbearable in most places.

Also Dante Basco in a Kingdom Hearts game would make my year.

I think you'll find that a good number of people agree with you. Even members of the Japanese fanbase don't like her voice.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I think you'll find that a good number of people agree with you. Even members of the Japanese fanbase don't like her voice.

Yeah, I don't like her voice either. It was kinda emotionless and bland. I'm just satisfied that it didn't sound generic

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Toyoguichi performance as Aqua is probably my favorite performance in all languages of the Kingdom Hearts series. She sounds sweet, calm and polite one moment, and hot blooded the next.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Toyoguichi performance as Aqua is probably my favorite performance in all languages of the Kingdom Hearts series. She sounds sweet, calm and polite one moment, and hot blooded the next.

I think Megumi Toyoguchi spoiled us rotten with her performance xD It was difficult to adjust to Willa after that.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I never listen to the Japanese VA's because I don't like to compare them.

plus..English is better. :p

*hides*

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Yep Kingdom Hearts is one of those rare cases in which the English version is usually the better version. This is because we actually have most of the voices from the original movies reprise their roles. Heck we even got Spock. In fact the english version is so much better that even the Japanese like the English version

sonickenshin

Awards

The English voice acting gets an edge over the Japanese simply because of the Disney voices. But, the Japanese do have a couple of voices that are better than ours. Aqua, Terra and Marluxia come to mind. >.>

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I think the english Terra and Aqua fit their characters more than the Japanese. I even recall Nomura saying he liked Willa Holland's voice for Aqua

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I think the english Terra and Aqua fit their characters more than the Japanese. I even recall Nomura saying he liked Willa Holland's voice for Aqua

Pretty sure he did say he thought Willa's voice was "similar" to her Japanese voice, or something like that.

Also, I liked Willa :p I will admit I was iffy at first, but I came to like her.

Voltron

Silver Member

Am I the only person who actually enjoys the voice acting in Re:CoM? I actually love all of the choices for voice cast, especially Larxene and Marluxia's. If it weren't for how extremely off the voices were to the mouth animations, the voices would have been spot on, in my opinion.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I got used to Marluxia and loved Shanelle Grey as Larxene.

Speaking of Shanelle Grey I find it funny how most of the cast of splatterhouse did voice work for kingdom hearts.

The leads were Josh Keaton(young Hercules) ,Shanelle Grey(Larxene), and Jim Cummings(Pete,Pooh, and Tigger).

Back