• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview! - Future KH Announcement soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Silver Member
Update 3: The lovely goldpanner has translated the short summary from FF-Reunion:

Update 4: A member of 2ch has reported that there are a number of familiar characters hidden amongst the black coats in Where Nothing Gathers.

If is familiar characters, I doubt it could be Vanitas, Terranort. Not sure about Data Riku or Riku Replica, but he is appearing in one of the world right? Maybe all forms of Xehanorts will return.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Gotta remember that those usually follow Japanese characters, so for example in English 'Sora' is 4 letters but in Japanese it's only two! Sometimes a translator might just leave it as is, especially if it's not obvious. I thought the Japanese words were obvious in this interview, so I chose the number of stars to match the number of letters in the English words :p

I always assumed Japanese symbols went by English syllables

padlock

Awards
I do wish there was a BBSv2, but if I had to choose it being the next game, or KH3 being the.next, I would have to go with the bog one. It's not because I personally want it next, I would looooove to play through whatever Nomura had/has in mind for v2, its just that I want KH to be fun, and happy, and I am totally sick of the KH3 whiners! If not releasing KH3 seriously degrades from the series popularity, then I want it to be released now dammit!

SORA619

Awards
Does the secret message you unlock mean Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: Use your imagination. You will eventually find the answer.

poptart1red1-1.gif

Stop trolling you fans Nomura!!!!:redface:

I hope that this will be KHIII. I don't want another spin off..

Last edited:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Honestly, if you were going to get another game in the first place (BbSv2) what is the problem with getting whatever game takes its place (considering it is a new game and not an HD collection)? I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, just kind of curious.

I think I made my reasons perfectly clear. Because we've been given a game with the details to just about every second of every minute from the beginning of the series up till 3D (which is supposed to be followed by KHIII). Other than whatever goes down in the realm of darkness, there can't be anything else to the story that we don't know already. Nothing that's significant anyways. While I've been perfectly happy with every title up to now, if they announce another game with yet another story that overlaps what we've been given already, I'll chalk it up to a game being made just for the sake of putting something out and I won't touch it.

Honestly, at the very least, this is horrible storytelling.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
If is familiar characters, I doubt it could be Vanitas, Terranort. Not sure about Data Riku or Riku Replica, but he is appearing in one of the world right? Maybe all forms of Xehanorts will return.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I hope that this will be KHIII. I don't want another spin off..
I don't want another spin off..
spin off..

tumblr_m3bmmxjlL71qihu7v.gif

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
He's gonna make a final mix. He said the exact same thing about bbs.

He did didn't he? He also did that for KH2 too

In other news the new KH game announcement probably won't come till Fall 2012 because Nomura usually waits till the NA/EU edition comes out

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

In other news the new KH game announcement probably won't come till Fall 2012 because Nomura usually waits till the NA/EU edition comes out
Why would he wait until fall when it comes out in July?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always assumed Japanese symbols went by English syllables

Hmm... Sort of :p It's a bit complicated. For words like Sora and Riku, yeah, you could say that. But some things make it more complicated. Like for example, most English speakers would pronounce 'Kairi' with two syllables, right? But in Japanese, it is ka-i-ri, three symbols, because they don't have diphthongs. And like... Ansem is also two syllables in English, but in Japanese it is four symbols, a-n-se-mu, because Japanese 'n' is a symbol all on it's own, whereas in English we really only use consonants like that to start or end syllables.

If you're interested in that stuff, you could look up isochrony, or the difference between stress-timed and mora-timed languages :3 sorry i love phonology aljfgjdsjs

I didn't mean it like that D:I was reminiscing about how everyone took the *** from yonks ago to be literal. D:

Oh sorry haha

I totally trust your translations. <3 And I saw that implication, but I also heard that with how DDD went a BBSv2 would have been good for certain scenarios. Though since I haven't played it myself, my information is limited. ;~;

Thank you <3

I might be getting my wires crossed, but I thought the 'mystery game' and bbsv2 were different projects? Or am I thinking of back before we knew about v2 and we knew the 'mystery game' and bbsfm were going to be different projects lol

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Thank you <3

I might be getting my wires crossed, but I thought the 'mystery game' and bbsv2 were different projects? Or am I thinking of back before we knew about v2 and we knew the 'mystery game' and bbsfm were going to be different projects lol
:3

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think the fanbase more or less agreed that it was the same game, but if it wasn't that would be a bit relieving. Especially since the 'mystery game' is what it seems was incorporated into DDD/scrapped and Nomura says that the story for BBSv2 exists but there's no plans to make it right now.

That would give me a lot of hope for the BBSv2 project to still be a possibility. <3 That makes me feel a bit better.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think they're talking about DDD; I think they mean the announcement of the new game.

I know they were referring to the announcement of the new game, but that was my inquiry.

Jadentheman said:

Not that I doubt an announcement could come in the fall, I just was curious as to why he thought Nomura would specifically wait for the fall because he's waiting until "the NA/EU edition comes out", when they come out in July.

Rallade

Awards
I hope that this will be KHIII.
I can just imagine those people on youtube who're all "we just want KHII, I don't care about any games that came out after KHII", they won't understand a thing about the story when it comes out XD

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I know they were referring to the announcement of the new game, but that was my inquiry.

Not that I doubt an announcement could come in the fall, I just was curious as to why he thought Nomura would specifically wait for the fall because he's waiting until "the NA/EU edition comes out", when they come out in July.

Oh. Gotcha. Still, probably just cause Fall's around the corner from the end of the summer, and he meant that Nomura wants to give NA players a chance to buy and complete the game. Just cause it comes out July 31 doesn't mean everyone's buying it day 1.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Oh. Gotcha. Still, probably just cause Fall's around the corner from the end of the summer, and he meant that Nomura wants to give NA players a chance to buy and complete the game. Just cause it comes out July 31 doesn't mean everyone's buying it day 1.

This is probably true. Not to mention that if they do plan on releasing a demo a month after game comes out like in Japan, the demo wouldn't release until the end of August, so I think it would probably be safe to just wait until the Tokyo Game Show since that is towards the end of September...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
That's just sort of what I was thinking. There are things keeping him from doing it right now and it wouldn't be exactly what was advertised but it would still have the same basic outline. *hopeful forever*

I can't imagine how BBSv2 wouldn't be allowed when the mindkupoery that is DDD is allowed. But I recall that Nomura mentioned he was unable to do the ending he actually wanted for DDD. D: So it could be someone in Disney who told him no.

He did mention that Osaka was working on more than one game, right? That would definitely keep them from doing a BBSv2 right now, if these other titles took priority.

Yeah. =/

Maybe he wanted it to be on a platform that the corporate overlords weren't happy about? The refusal to let Nomura have the ending he wanted for 3D really rubs me the wrong way, though, and it leaves the door open for them just not liking it on principle... but, then again, if the concept was a problem, Nomura probably wouldn't have hinted that it might show up later. =/

I wonder what those multiple games are? I wouldn't be all too upset if they were TWEWY2 and KH HD collection (or just multiple games in the HD Collection), but I hope it doesn't mean a "filler" KH game.

:3

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think the fanbase more or less agreed that it was the same game, but if it wasn't that would be a bit relieving. Especially since the 'mystery game' is what it seems was incorporated into DDD/scrapped and Nomura says that the story for BBSv2 exists but there's no plans to make it right now.

That would give me a lot of hope for the BBSv2 project to still be a possibility. <3 That makes me feel a bit better.

Waaaaaaaaaait. Here's an idea:

What if "BbSv2" wasn't the Realm of Darkness storyline that we were all looking forward to? The "mystery game" obviously wasn't, if it got combined into KH3D... but what if BbSv2 wasn't, either?

That'd leave an actual decent storyline left over for a new game announcement, if they're not just announcing a HD collection. Probably unlikely, but...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Other than KH3 or BBSV2, I think the only thing I'm really begging for is Disney to rethink its stand on Dissidia.
Disney never made any stand on DKH, Square assumed Disney would say no.

Awards
Thanks gp, hope your brain isn't too cauliflower. D;

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Actually, pretty sure the Riku that appears there is literally KH1 Riku.
If a younger Xeahnort can be considered one of the 13 vessels, then why wouldn't a younger Riku be as well, back when he was still open to Xehanort's darkness and susceptible? Yes, he may be a failed vessel now, but back then he wasn't, he had the potential to be another Xehanort.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Thanks gp, hope your brain isn't too cauliflower. D;

Actually, pretty sure the Riku that appears there is literally KH1 Riku.
If a younger Xeahnort can be considered one of the 13 vessels, then why wouldn't a younger Riku be as well, back when he was still open to Xehanort's darkness and susceptible? Yes, he may be a failed vessel now, but back then he wasn't, he had the potential to be another Xehanort.

This makes total sense. Since there are past versions of people everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back