• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Symbolic parallels between KH and Christianity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant Heart

To the Believers and Followers of Christ,
I've always wondered if others saw a tie between KH and Christianity...or as it was called in older days ..."The Way".
If you do see or feel a connection go ahead and write about it. I'd Like to see your view.
Its funny How My "liking" to this story....and how i was captivated by it seemed to work for a greater good. As the story progressed through time I could see it Being an "aid" placed in my path By God ...a sort of "PUSH" to go onward and to do well In the Faith. To me Kingdom Hearts Gave a better insight to the "war on sin" and war between light and dark. It's a story that still goes on and is still being brought to fruition....yet is already finished. Just like God's Plan.
I see this story as awesome. The battle & war. The Characters. The falling away & redemption. ha
At first it just seemed to be an awesome game that had my attention...To think that it would help THIS much in my belief and resolve....How wise My God is. :cool:

waifu-desu

Re: A symbolic connection between Kingdom Hearts And Christianity...

At first it just seemed to be an awesome game that had my attention...To think that it would help THIS much in my belief and resolve....How wise My God is. :cool:

tumblr_m2yqr2cPIW1r0bw26o1_500.gif

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

wtf are you talking about?

I believe the OP is seeing a connection between the Kingdom Hearts series and the Christian faith. Believe it or not, the games do parallel religion in many ways (The fight between the wielders of light and wielders of darkness to the conflict between God and Satan, etc.). While easy to compare the games and religious faith, it's to be expected seeing as pretty much every form of media has been influenced in some way by something else. It's essentially the case of "Simpson's did it" on a monumental scale. I mean, to each his own, but I don't believe th-

To think that it would help THIS much in my belief and resolve....How wise My God is.

1318116884885.png

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

^haha Adventure Time!
People can connect anything as vauge as "God" to anything

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Yeah.......

......no. Please keep religion as far away as possible from my vidya gaems. Thank you.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

I find it rather endearing, if not a bit desperate, when people try to dig up deeper meanings in simplistic mediums. I suppose "wack thing with giant inflatable key" is a bit too concise for the deep thinkers and in an attempt to garner some sort of moral genesis connections with religion will be used to grant it amnesity from the impatient crowd that insist video games are nothing more than overglamorized time-killers, conditioning the youth into psychotic, mindless zombies that ship weird pairings and dress in even weirder clothes.

I say Pacman is a complex reimagining of The Odyssey.

Though, I wince at the thought of Sora being the earthly manifestation of Christ. He's dim-witted, easily provoked, violent, and settles issues with a liberal application of "smash face into aforementioned key".

Goofy is our Lord and Savior.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards

no shit sherlock. good and evil isn't exactly a novel story concept, and there's lots of religious parallels. lols.

if you cant shake that hood mentality, how the kupo are you supposed to change your reality

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

KH has spiritual/metaphysical/esoteric/occult/mythos concepts and parallels, I'd say do. But to say it's specifically one religion and not any other is tarded and wack. FYI almost every religion is known amongst itself as "The Way", so don't try to make it exclusive. Tao translates to 'way', specifically The Way, so a Taoist is someone who practices or seeks "The Way", literally.

Last edited:
Awards

TVTropes said:
A huge amount of Christian imagery is built up to depict Sora as Jesus and Master Xehanort as Satan, and the realm of Kingdom Hearts as Heaven.

A central part of Sora's character is that he's always taking on the pains and grief of others to ease their burden, he has Chronic Hero Syndrome. Two particularly symbolic moments are when he sacrifices himself to save Kairi and comes back to life, and when he carries a wounded Riku out of the Realm of Darkness. Meanwhile Master Xehanort is The Corrupter to anyone and everyone he can, and is tied up with Fallen Angel symbolism. His Keyblade armor is bright white and silver with feathers and his Keyblade Glider is a set of wings that attached to his back, but he cast his armor and glider away when he began using the powers of darkness and felt he didn't need them anymore.

The Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D which seal the door to Kingdom Hearts appear as a silver key with a gold handle and a gold key with a silver handle — the Keys of Heaven. The χ-blade appears with two crossed Kingdom Keys in its design, a common depiction of the Keys, and likewise can open the door to Kingdom Hearts. Furthermore, an alternate reading of "χ-blade" could be "Christ-Blade".

As a flip on the Jesus symbolism being applied to Sora, Organization XIII is lead by Xemnas as a Dark Messiah to Nobodies, and Roxas, the thirteenth member, betrays them.

Also a lot of Taoist symbolism, that nothing can exist without its opposite to give it proper meaning, commonly seen in the yin yang symbol. Seen in the balance of light and darkness and the belief that Dark Is Not Evil, its just misused, and the existences of the Nobodies and Heartless. Furthermore, the three realms of Light, Darkness and Nothingness, tie into the "third" element of yin and yang, wuji, nothingness, limitless.
For some specifics. Elements found in the stories of religion are not exactly rare, like Good vs Evil and such, but it is a little interesting if one chooses to look at it that way, I suppose.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Any similarities between them only exist due to the fact that the Bible was the origin of several common archetypes. I see no serious similarities between a cartoony video game series and a religion that affects your worldview, ideology, philosophies, and treatment of others.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards

so it's one of these threads eh?

on a serious note, the duality complex is nothing new to kingdom hearts. a lot of its themes are so tried and boring it almost hurts. its only redeeming quality is riku, potentially. but not even by much.

To the Believers and Followers of Christ,
I've always wondered if others saw a tie between KH and Christianity...or as it was called in older days ..."The Way".
If you do see or feel a connection go ahead and write about it. I'd Like to see your view.
Its funny How My "liking" to this story....and how i was captivated by it seemed to work for a greater good. As the story progressed through time I could see it Being an "aid" placed in my path By God ...a sort of "PUSH" to go onward and to do well In the Faith. To me Kingdom Hearts Gave a better insight to the "war on sin" and war between light and dark. It's a story that still goes on and is still being brought to fruition....yet is already finished. Just like God's Plan.
I see this story as awesome. The battle & war. The Characters. The falling away & redemption. ha

KkYhz.jpg

Last edited:

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts is no where near as bad as the Bible, not until we see slavery, rape, incest, genocide, and ect.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I see this story as awesome. The battle & war. The Characters. The falling away & redemption.
If that's really why it resonates so much with you, you'd find the same thing with lots of other games and pieces of fiction. Either you haven't experienced a whole lot of fiction or you're just upping your appreciation of the game with your faith. In the latter, having KH resonate so much shows how shallow your experience with fiction is, and in the latter you're artificially bumping up its apparent narrative quality just because it uses common elements of dramatic conflict.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

If that's really why it resonates so much with you, you'd find the same thing with lots of other games and pieces of fiction. Either you haven't experienced a whole lot of fiction or you're just upping your appreciation of the game with your faith. In the latter, having KH resonate so much shows how shallow your experience with fiction is, and in the latter you're artificially bumping up its apparent narrative quality just because it uses common elements of dramatic conflict.

Just wait until the attempt by someone in this thread to connect all of Nomura's plot twists and retcons so far from everything up to Re: Coded and try to make it connect with religious bewks moar

:3

IMO, KH seems like Dark Souls atm, but then again, that's like comparing Blueberry Pie (KH) to Apple Pie (DS).

Unfortunately I enjoy Derp Soles more right now, because Apple Pie is far more better than Blueberry o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back