• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview! - Future KH Announcement soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview!*-*Kingdom Hearts Insider

It's May 1st in Japan right now, and that means the Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Ultimania is now officially released. This post will be updated as more information surfaces, but for now:

- There are currently no plans for a Final Mix.
- There will be an announcement in the near future regarding the next title.
- Nomura wishes to see a Pixar work in KH in the future.
- Multiple titles currently in production by the Osaka team.

Does the secret message you unlock mean Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: Use your imagination. You will eventually find the answer.

Volume 2 of Birth by Sleep? Continuation of Birth by Sleep?

Nomura: That is to say the story for BBS vol. 2 exists but that story has been cut off. There is potential for a sequel to Birth by Sleep, but there are no plans for it right now.

Update 3: The lovely goldpanner has translated the short summary from FF-Reunion:

There's an interview with Tetsuya Nomura in the KH3D Ultimania that went on sale today! From the interview:

They don't have any plans for BBSv2 right now, trust your imagination with the ****** message, there's no plans for an FM for this title, the mystery kh project is stopped because they did kh3d, please look forward to whether the * ****** are those * people, lots of things have already started happening for a new title in the kh series, and he thinks they will be able to make some kind of announcement in a relatively short time.

(The blanked out parts are only blanked out by this blog because of spoilers, they aren't blanked in the actual interview. Goldpanner thinks the words are 'secret message' and 'whether the 7 lights are those 7 people'

There you go! In the interview there's also 'impressions upon seeing the 3DS, the way we brought in free flow action, the title 3D, choosing which worlds to use, about the new black coated people in organisation xiii' etc. I also really really recommend 'Ask Mr Tetsu everything! Scenario Mysteries' for Nomura's detailed commentary! KH3D's Ultimania is pretty big, very much worth reading, go and buy it for sure!

Update 4: A member of 2ch has reported that there are a number of familiar characters hidden amongst the black coats in Where Nothing Gathers.

Page 1 of Nomura Interview CONTAINS SPOILERS said:
“As for the who the ‘7 Guardians of Light’ and the ‘13 Seekers of Darkness’ might respectively be, I’d like to ask you to think about this for yourself for a while.”

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

Interview: Tetsuya Nomura

With Master Xehanort’s Ambitions revealed, the plot is thickening in the Kingdom Hearts Series. We spoke to Director Nomura, not just about the mysteries surrounding his work, but also the future of the series.

“The Free-Flow-Action System was Implemented to show the Direction we want to lead the Series into.”​

‘When did you start planning for KH3D?’

Nomura: That was during the production of KHBbS. We didn’t originally plan to start thinking about the next game so soon already, but as soon as I saw the Nintendo 3DS, inspiration hit me.

‘KH already has a reputation of being spread across many different consoles, but what was that special inspiration that hit you when you saw the 3DS?’

Nomura: The Free-Flow-Action System was already something I definitely wanted to try with the next KH game I make, so the one idea I really only got after I had seen the 3DS was the “Dive Mode”. In KH1 and KH2, you generally use a Gumi Jet as means of traveling, but this time, I wanted to think of something that makes you feel like you were jumping and falling right into the world. What I can say with certainity is that I feel like the Dive-System was the very first thing that came to me, and starting with this, I began to decide on the rest of the game’s system.

‘Why did you decide that you were going to implement the Free-Flow-Action?’

Nomura: Aside from the KH Series, more and more different Action RPGs, like Final Fantasy Versus XIII have been made and I wanted to have something that makes Kingdom Hearts clearly different from those other games. I wanted to clearly show the direction in which we want to take the series, so when I began to think what might be the best representation of what Kingdom Hearts “is”, I came to the conclusion, that unrealistic stunts and jumps, as well as maneuvers that’d be risky or even impossible in real life are something very defining for the action of the games. So I came up with the concept of Free-Flow-Action

‘Wasn’t it hard to ensure that this system wouldn’t end up as unpleasant to play with or a downright failure, but work smoothly?'

Nomura: Well, the staff certainly didn’t think the idea was good. (laughs) If you allow the characters to preform huge jumps like this freely, it’d be hard to determine where they would end up if you don’t support every action of the player, so when I first mentioned the idea, the staff thought that this would be hard to get under control. However, after I explained to them that this was just the direction I had decided I want to take the KH games, they finally went along with it.

‘In previous KH games you generally had to collect abilities from treasure boxes if you wanted to be able to preform stunts like the “Hi-Jump”, but this time around, things like this things are all included in the Free-Flow-Action, right?'

Nomura: “Well, actually, this is a pretty interesting topic. When using Free Fall Action, your controll over the character’s movement is somewhat limited, so you can’t use it for precise jumps, which is why we left acquirable abilities, like “Hi Jump” in the game.

I think that this is one of the great strengthes of the system, it gives the game a unique flavor compared to other KH titles, while not dragging down the ammount of control you have during gameplay.

Update 5: Rough translation by nenilein thanks to the-terranort-report

Last edited by a moderator:

theboywonder

Re: KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview!

So that means we can expect a Final Mix, right?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Kind of glad about the Final Mix; hope it stays that way. Some of the additions are great, but we never get them. :<

MasterZeR0

Ohgodfinally :'D Thank you Sign! And I can't believe there won't be a FM. It's practically unprecedented. As for "near future", what are talking here? TGS? E3?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i don't understand this language rofl

Last edited:

Phantom Knight

3D doesn't have DLC right? I would think that could make a Final Mix unnecessary, but since the Final Mixes seem to be PlayStation exclusive, I'm not really surprised.

Hopefully the next title is Re:Collection.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
He's gonna make a final mix. He said the exact same thing about bbs.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
>Was the secret message in KH3D hinting at Kingdom Hearts 3?
"Use your imagination. You will eventually come to the answer."

3iDXl.gif

MasterZeR0

What's that about BBS:V2? no possibility? I think my heart just broke. ;-;

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Can anyone make heads or tails out of that BBS V2 bit?

theboywonder

BBS V2? ugh. He's going to have a lot of explaining to do when KH3 rolls around.

Korra GIFs FTW.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Anything official about KH3 makes my dick rock hard. If it ends up being BBSVol 2. Eh, just another game to play I guess

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
>Volume 2 of Birth by Sleep? Continuation of Birth by Sleep? (Seeming to ask if it's a game they're planning.)

'That is to say the story for BBS vol. 2 exists but that story has been cut off'
'There is potential for a sequel to Birth by Sleep, but there are no plans for it right now.'

MasterSora91

Awards
The next announcement better be an HD Collection because KH3 isnt happening anytime soon.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
>Volume 2 of Birth by Sleep? Continuation of Birth by Sleep? (Seeming to ask if it's a game they're planning.)

'That is to say the story for BBS vol. 2 exists but that story has been cut off'
'There is potential for a sequel to Birth by Sleep, but there are no plans for it right now.'

So it's been scrapped for now?

I knew it.

MasterZeR0

W-w-w-w-w-w-whaaaaaaaat?? If not now, then when? After an HD collection? It'd have to be before KH3 though... I feel so shattered D:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I want Nomura to say "Use your imagination" from now on.

When is KH3 coming out?
Use your imagination.

Are there plans for an HD collection?
Use your imagination.

Can you tell us any thing relevant?
Use your imagination.

Kupo you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back