• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More Details about KH3D Ultimania Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What's a turnoff? Having the AR cards included?

People want the AR cards, but if anything, including it with something so pricey would drive them away rather than urge them to purchase it. Compare it to Famitsu, which is a 300 page magazine that costs like $8.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
Hopefully this is the preorder stuff you get for KH3D. How much does it cost anyway?

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
Well, it's not pre-order material in Japan and it won't come out anywhere else, so I doubt it. As for cost, just think of a reasonable price and then triple it, and you have Japanese commerce.

Damn, I was hoping it would come out to the states. Japan always get the good stuff lol!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Damn, I was hoping it would come out to the states. Japan always get the good stuff lol!

Ultimanias have always been Japanese exclusive, but you should be able to find it in import stores for $35-40.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
People want the AR cards, but if anything, including it with something so pricey would drive them away rather than urge them to purchase it. Compare it to Famitsu, which is a 300 page magazine that costs like $8.

This is true, people would think SE selling an AR card with it would be almost unfair. It is almost like making that person pay a lot of money just for the card (if that is all they wanted). $8 for a magazine isn't that bad, but making them buy a whole guidebook seems pretty extensive. What would be next? An AR card included in one of the $50 Play Arts figures?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I disagree. The Ultimanias are simply the most full-fledged guides you can by for a SE game, there is tons of stuff in there that is never fully explained or even touched in other sources. It will be the best KH3D fan article available besides the soundtrack.

From my point of view it's kind of a waste to buy the Dream World Navigator just for the AR Card (ca. US$ 27.99, 176 pages), it's the complete opposite of the KH3D Ultimania (ca. US$ 33.49, between 400-500 pages), because every information will be in all kind of faqs and wikis by the time KH3D is released here. So it would be only logical to include at least the same AR Card in both guides.

But that's besides the point I guess. The main reason I think we won't get any more AR Cards is because the official sites mentions specifically 3 of them.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm more looking forward to the interviews about development and plans for the future. I won't even be able to read the scenario mysteries interview until after I play the game. Actually, I should probably wait to then to read either of the interviews because they could possibly contain spoilers too.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Good morning everyone! As you already know, the Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Ultimania will be released on May 1st, 2012! Thanks to aibo_ac7, we've learned just what this Ultimania may entail, courtesy of Studio Bent!

• Complete maps of the worlds with locations for treasures and link portals
  • Guides and tips on Dream Eater breeding and ability unlocking
  • Details of all aspects of the gameplay system, such as abilities, commands, items, etc.
  • Complete maps of the worlds with locations for treasures and link portals
  • Boss battle guides so ensure victory
  • A large gallery of never-before-seen artwork
  • A summary of the story as provided by the staff
  • Secrets of a total of 23 members of the development team that only they know
  • An interview with Director Nomura regarding the future of the series

You repeated yourself there may want to erase that(not like anyone cares though lol).

I can't wait for this to come out, I wasn't planning on getting a 3ds but after seeing the trailers and watching the gameplay I've decided to get it along with a few other games. What I'm interested in most is the breeding of Dream Eaters and the ability/command list.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't care enough to edit my post xD

Edit: okay fine, happy now?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Boss battle guides to ensure victory
  • Secrets of 23 members of the development team that only they know
I know Iwata Asks usually takes care of the questions for the developers, but these easter egg "secrets" seem fun and interesting. I wonder if people in Japan found these secrets already.

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
*fap fap fap fap fap fap*

...Too early?

I'm most looking forward to any mention of the Mystery Game. It's more elusive than common sense in (insert fandom name here).

Absolute

I shouldn't get my hopes up for that interview to reveal things besides dry laughter, should I?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I shouldn't get my hopes up for that interview to reveal things besides dry laughter, should I?

Actually, you should expect a lot of confusion and explanations for things not explained in the game. Ultimania interviews are some of the most informative interviews Nomura gives.

MOAR *FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP!*

ME WANT CONCEPT ART!

YES!

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Nomura's going to reveal that the Mystery Game is actually three games, each set in an alternate universe, being released over various platforms, all of which are interconnected and form one single story.

And that KH3 is not anywhere close to being developed.

KevVentus

Why so negative?

But yes, Ultimania interviews are renown for being the most thorough. How exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back