• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final world cinematic translations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
_my_friends_are_my_power___by_multishadowyoshi-d4v8pmz.jpg

So sora still doesnt know xion's name yet she one of his freinds who provides power into him power? Kairi's battle pose is strange

I cant wait for this image to clear so i can make it my bg

Oblivionite

hopefully sora still maintains the ability to wield a keyblade even when ventus leaves his body/awakens

Absolute

When Sora sees Riku and Kairi and they turn into Terra and Aqua and then back again, they leave and Sora desperately tries to follow telling them not to leave him, only falling further and further behind (and going deeper into Xemnas' plan towards darkness). I felt that that scene was showing a weakness of Sora. While he says that his friends are his power and that has helped him many times before, I thought that this was showing that he was perhaps depending on his friends TOO much sometimes and not on his own strength.

_my_friends_are_my_power___by_multishadowyoshi-d4v8pmz.jpg

So sora still doesnt know xion's name yet she one of his freinds who provides power into him power?

Why isn't Axel/Lea here? Sora's been though more with him than he did Xion. Namine's not here ether! Ansem's not here nether! Sora's been though more with these people than he did Xion, Aqua, Terra, or Ven.

Straythe

Xion provides power to Sora through Roxas. Remember he got Roxas' memories too. He said Xion cried and that's why she had a heart, right ? That's when Xemnas confirms they could grow back hearts.

Why isn't Axel/Lea here? Sora's been though more with him than he did Xion. Namine's not here ether! Ansem's not here nether! Sora's been though more with these people than he did Xion, Aqua, Terra, or Ven.

Actually, with Aqua connected to Kairi and Terra connected to Riku (and Ansem, and Xemnas), it's not far fetched he's somehow summoning them. He also met Terra's LS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ansem the Wise and Naminé are not fighters so it's no surprise they aren't there and Axel/Lea was 1st orginally an enemy, 2nd isn't that close connected to Sora than the others and 3rd up to this point Sora doesn't know that Lea is even back in action/on his side.

Terra and Aqua had, despite it being short, a crucial impact on Sora's later life (Axel/Lea not so much) and Ventus shouldn't even be an issue. Sora is connected to that boy since he was even born, has carried and protected Ven's heart from since he was four years old and the original ability to wield a Keyblade came from Ventus as well.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Ansem the Wise and Naminé are not fighters so it's no surprise they aren't there and Axel/Lea was 1st orginally an enemy, 2nd isn't that close connected to Sora than the others and 3rd up to this point Sora doesn't know that Lea is even back in action/on his side.

Terra and Aqua had, despite it being short, a crucial impact on Sora's later life (Axel/Lea not so much) and Ventus shouldn't even be an issue. Sora is connected to that boy since he was even born, has carried and protected Ven's heart from since he was four years old and the original ability to wield a Keyblade came from Ventus as well.

sora has no idea who terra is? He saw the man but he didnt speak with him, and afor some reason, Yen sid, riku and mickey dont think he important enough to talk about,
I still font get the xion thing though he doesnt even know her name

Ansem the Wise and Naminé are not fighters
But Kairi is..........????????

Terra and Aqua had, despite it being short, a crucial impact on Sora's later life (Axel/Lea not so much)

I can understand Terra making an impact on Sora's life seeing to the fact every form of him has been Sora's enemy but he doesn't know that. Axel/Lea haven't made a impact on Sora? He foiled Marluxia's plans of turning Sora into his puppet, was best friends with Sora's Nobody and clone, and sacrificed his life for Sora to save Kairi. Adding Roxas even showed Sora his memories before this so he should know how important he is to Roxas plus he's on Sora's list of people to save(if Sora even know who's exactly on that list.). Axel/Lea is very important to Sora's life cause he made a impact on every form of "Sora"(Roxas, Xion, & Ven (very small one)).

And what of Sora's life did Aqua influence really? A conversation about saving his friends when they loss site of themselves, something that's already in Sora's personality? A conversation Sora didn't remember till this game?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

In all honesty, and this is coming from a super Kairi hater, we all knew she was going to become a fighter in KH. KH2 was proof of that. We just didn't know how or when, or if it would be with a Keyblade or not, though BbS pretty much made it clear Kairi had the potential to be a Keyblade wielder.

Namine, her Nobody, may have the powers, but she hasn't shown any of it and probably can't fight right now, especially since Kairi has her in storage and barely has any experience, so that's obvious.

AtW... If he were a warrior do you really think we wouldn't have seen him try to fight in KH2?

But that scene that the picture appeared in dosn't even talk about fighting it talks about how the people Sora is connected to are his power and the power of the keyblade.

Xigbar: That's it! You were able to bring forth that power because of your connection to someone's heart. You yourself are not a vessel that can use a Keyblade. But relax - we welcome you as a fellow vessel.

[Sora looks at his Keyblade.]

Sora: It doesn't matter if I myself don't have the power to use a Keyblade. It's fine for everyone's hearts to become power by passing through me. That's the power of the Keyblade -- those connected hearts are my power!

[The shot zooms out to Sora standing with all his friends behind him.]
Now it would have been understandable if only keyblade users appeared but Donald and Goofy is there. My whole argument is if it's about the connections in Sora's heart is the main point the why aren't these three people who made a major influence on his life aren't included.

@ Lonbilly Like the Shnookie sig dude.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
sora has no idea who terra is? He saw the man but he didnt speak with him, and afor some reason, Yen sid, riku and mickey dont think he important enough to talk about,
I still font get the xion thing though he doesnt even know her name

And what does that have to do with it? Even if Sora has no conscious idea who Terra is he his still closely connected to him, also through both Riku and Ventus (who is the closest connection to him heart-wise, btw).
Yen Sid and Mickey were busy for the last ten years searching for all three, Aqua, Ventus and Terra in case you forgot. Just because they don't spill everything out to the audience it doesn't mean they don't care. Watch/read the scene when Mickey and MX talk again, it's pretty obvious that after all those years Mickey is still haunted by the fact that he couldn't save TAV in BBS and in the ending of Coded he immediately identified all three of them when Data-Naminé showed their faces.
Since when does Sora need Xion's name to feel the strong connection to her? She is inside his heart right now, so it's logical she shows up, not to mention, just like with Terra, Sora is connected to her through more of his connections as well, namely Roxas and again, Riku, who was with Xion for over a month.

I can understand Terra making an impact on Sora's life seeing to the fact every form of him has been Sora's enemy but he doesn't know that. Axel/Lea haven't made a impact on Sora? He foiled Marluxia's plans of turning Sora into his puppet, was best friends with Sora's Nobody and clone, and sacrificed his life for Sora to save Kairi. Adding Roxas even showed Sora his memories before this so he should know how important he is to Roxas plus he's on Sora's list of people to save(if Sora even know who's exactly on that list.). Axel/Lea is very important to Sora's life cause he made a impact on every form of "Sora"(Roxas, Xion, & Ven (very small one)).

And what of Sora's life did Aqua influence really? A conversation about saving his friends when they loss site of themselves, something that's already in Sora's personality? A conversation Sora didn't remember till this game?

Kairi isn't a very good fighter, but she's better than Ansem the Wise and Naminé for sure.
Not to mention that besides Riku and Ventus, Kairi is Sora's third most important connection so its logical she appears there.

That wasn't Terra but Xehanort using Terra's body though. Nonetheless, as I said above, Terra is also connected to Sora through Riku and Ventus, who are very close to Sora. Not to mention the Lingering Sentiment fight, Terra acknowledging Sora and apparently learning of him protecting Ven.
I didn't say Axel/Lea made no impact. I said not as crucial impact as Terra and Aqua. As for CoM, last time I checked, while making contributions, Axel wasn't the single reason Marluxia's plan went awol and he did not really help Sora. He just followed his own agenda which coincided with helping Sora along the way.
The "best friends" with Nobody and clone has ro be taken with a grain of salt as well, considering how deceptive and lying he often was towards them while his sacrifice in KH2 was partially undoing the mess he himself created (who did chase Kairi away from the Islands in the first place again? Who wanted to turn Sora into a Heartless?) and partially starting his redemption just there.
And again, Sora doesn't know at that point yet that Lea has been revived nor that he is now completely on his side.
(Granted, he did mention Axel and Naminé when talking to Xigbar about Nobodies having hearts, so that proves he has not forgotten them).
Axel/Lea is not on Sora's to-save list. He didn't call out to Sora, only Naminé, Xion, Roxas, Terra, Ventus, Aqua and Ansem the Wise said his name in Blank Points, but the scene there does not have much to do with the to-save list anyways since Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Riku are there.

As for Aqua, her magic was what in the end made it even possible for Sora to meet Kairi, since it was her spell that eventually led Kairi to land on the Islands after Xehanort tossed her into the sea of worlds. She's also more connected to Sora, again, through two others, namely Kairi and Ventus (again).

Ansem the Wise on the other hand is even more subtly connected to Sora, and was more or less also a more neutral/Anti-heroish variant in contrast to those shown in the picture until the very end with the episode with the KH-Encoder, much like Lea/Axel was.

All in all, I don't really see the problem. Naminé may seem a bit odd, but Ansem the Wise and Axel/Lea are clearly not that important to Sora himself as those shown there.

Now it would have been understandable if only keyblade users appeared but Donald and Goofy is there. My whole argument is if it's about the connections in Sora's heart is the main point the why aren't these three people who made a major influence on his life aren't included.
@ Lonbilly Like the Shnookie sig dude.

Donald and Goofy (the only non-Keyblade wielders there as far as I can see) are included because they are Sora's closest companions through two (three if you count CoM) journeys, so them giving Sora power isn't that farfetched.
Or do you want to argue that Axel/Lea or Ansem the Wise are more important to Sora than Donald and Goofy? Don't make me laugh.

ChaoticWolf777

Xion provides power to Sora through Roxas. Remember he got Roxas' memories too. He said Xion cried and that's why she had a heart, right ? That's when Xemnas confirms they could grow back hearts.

but Xion isnt a nobody, she is just a bunch of memories piled up into human form.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
but Xion isnt a nobody, she is just a bunch of memories piled up into human form.

Not anymore, as Xion most likely grew a new heart of her own which now sleeps inside Sora's heart.
New hearts being born inside beings not meant to exist is a big theme in DDD after all.
Xemnas' claims get later on confirmed by Ansem the Wise when he talks with Riku in the ending.

ChaoticWolf777

Not anymore, as Xion most likely grew a new heart of her own which now sleeps inside Sora's heart.
New hearts being born inside beings not meant to exist is a big theme in DDD after all.
Xemnas' claims get later on confirmed by Ansem the Wise when he talks with Riku in the ending.

that's what im saying he said, nobody's can grow back hearts. That's what he lied about. The thing is, Xion wasn't a nobody.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
that's what im saying he said, nobody's can grow back hearts. That's what he lied about. The thing is, Xion wasn't a nobody.

That still doesn't mean Xion can't have a heart to carry her own self.
To quote Ansem the Wise:
The heart is something that can be born, and nurtured. To touch the light, to feel nature, to connect to people... the accumulation of these things gives shape to the heart. It's the same even for Nobodies who do not have hearts.

One's treasured things, a silent doll, trees in the forest, flowers that sway in the wind... anything has the potential to carry a heart.

The bolded last part clearly indicates that it's possible even for Xion to have a heart.
The Riku Replica in CoM also had a heart, so go figure out the rest, lol.

ChaoticWolf777

That still doesn't mean Xion can't have a heart to carry her own self.
To quote Ansem the Wise:

The bolded last part clearly indicates that it's possible even for Xion to have a heart.
The Riku Replica in CoM also had a heart, so go figure out the rest, lol.

Ah i forgot about that part, and the sarcasm wasn't needed Sephy

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
V.V I sowwy Sephy. Tho you do make a point, Repliku had a heart. So if anything can have a heart. Then anything can have a nobody.

All ok. ;D

Yep, making the reverse point would actually imply this. It does however still depend on the strength of the heart in question as only very strong hearts can produce a Nobody...and even stronger ones are needed for human-shaped Nobodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back