• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D tops sales charts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
People, these numbers are extremely GOOD for a 3DS game. You know how long the system has been on the market? A year now and it's only jut started gaining momentum with a better game catalogue and unit sales.

Go look at other games that have sold on the 3DS. KH3D is a pretty successful. Also KH games sell way more in NA so don't say "omg this is so awful the game must suck" because it is neither of those things.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Do we know how well the 3DS itself sold compared to the week before it's release and on it's release?
I remember BBS's release made the PSP have a sales boost in hardware.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Kingdom Hearts always does better in the US anyway (except for BBS which sadly we all know was only because of piracy on PSP).

We just have to hope the 3DS won't be jailbroken before KH3D comes out, and I don't think it will be honestly. After how easy the DS and Wii are to hack, I'm glad the 3DS wasn't figured out in a few months lol xP

anime10121

Awards
We just have to hope the 3DS won't be jailbroken before KH3D comes out, and I don't think it will be honestly. After how easy the DS and Wii are to hack, I'm glad the 3DS wasn't figured out in a few months lol xP

Agreed, sad thing is while I support the idea of homebrew, I do NOT like the fact that it actually exists. While you have the very small percent of people who actually make useful components/emulators to play roms of games they actually own, the majority of people who end up utilizing homebrew end up using it for piracy. But alas I wont go any further into that discussion for fear of starting to derail the thread off topic.

I can almost guarantee with 99.9% certainty that the first month US sales will easily double that of the Japanese same time period if its released by the end of June. Considering the fact that Kid Icarus will be the only other high profile game the 3DS has until then (although SQE's Heroes of Ruin may also do fairly well as its getting high praise).

KevVentus

I never realized that the fanbase is stronger in NA than in Japan... kinda makes you wonder why they always get everything first then : P

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It has obviously also to do with demographics, as in the US there live way more people than in Japan.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I hope it can stay on the top ten for the rest of the month. hopefully selling half a million before spring is over.

KevVentus

Uhuh...joke. Okay.

Yep. Hence the ": P". It was appealing to the patience of the rabid non-Japanese fans. Just trying to offer some sort of thought on international release other than asking when it will be

I imagine 3D sales will stay strong. It's kind of a slow time of the year. Its only competition is Kid Icarus, which has received mixed reviews. So far it seems to be doing pretty well

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The game already topped Kid Icarus haha. Nuff said.

KevVentus

Kind of a shame that the long-awaited sequel to the NES classic is flopping around... I am pretty curious about it. I may pick it up to ease the wait

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Kind of a shame that the long-awaited sequel to the NES classic is flopping around... I am pretty curious about it. I may pick it up to ease the wait

It really is a great game, have been playing it non-stop since it came out.

On topic: I am really glad DDD is doing well :)

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
In all honesty I often ask myself a similar question. Yeah, it's common sense that the game comes out in Japan first since its Japanese-made, but if the game really sells so much more here, you'd think they wouldn't keep making us wait as long as we do at times. In this case, a smaller localization time, or even a global release, could definitely be justified. It's not like they haven't done it before with bigger games.

So hop off his ass, he's got a bit of a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back