• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lea fights like...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah because Xion is so tough

Doesn't matter. It gives prove to the fact that power doesn't rely on what weapon you use. Without the skill, you're a sitting duck, Keyblade or not.

There nothing he can do with the chakram he cant with the keybalde.

So why give him one?

I mean, I can partially understand Kairi. She has nothing to defend herself with. But Axel/Lea?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
That's not the point. Why would there be a need for him to have a Keyblade if he can still use his weapons?
That statement can be true for any character with a Keyblade.

It's redundant, and that's when it gets ridiculously idiotic. It's even more of a hint that they just gave him a Keyblade for the complete hell of it so he can stick around.
It seems to me like your jumping the gun here Lea was revealed to have a Keyblade during the last few moments of the game we have no idea what his character arc will look like in future games so calling it redundant and pointless just seems preemptive. It's funny this is the exact same thing people said when Kairi was revealed to have a Keyblade.

It actually goes way more than him wielding and wanting to use his chakrams again. Just the overall screen whoring of his that's taking place.
Screen whoring? He was in like 15% of the entire game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah because Xion is so tough,
Well if you're going to be that picky, Riku took out a dual-wielding Roxas with the guardian. & in gameplay any enemy is perfectly capable of killing the player.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well if you're going to be that picky, Riku took out a dual-wielding Roxas with the guardian. & in gameplay any enemy is perfectly capable of killing the player.

Well yeah the guardian was also capable of holding off mickey and riku
and then it was KO by donald and goofy lol

I didn't mean to sound picky but i just didnt think that was the best example, plus her keyblade wasnt real, she had only a fourth of the power she was suppose to have etc. Genrally have a keyblade in this sereis puts you on top, then again isnt it crazy how this guy was suppose to die in the prelude of kh2 and now look at him, power of fans huh. Plus he's toned done the roxas thing so im all for it, hes even got a rival

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
That statement can be true for any character with a Keyblade.

Who exactly?

Those who wield the Keyblade have only used the Keyblade.

Not any other weapon aside it.

It seems to me like your jumping the gun here Lea was revealed to have a Keyblade during the last few moments of the game we have no idea what his character arc will look like in future games so calling it redundant and pointless just seems preemptive. It's funny this is the exact same thing people said when Kairi was revealed to have a Keyblade.

Oh, yeah, I definitely look forward to more Lea. But considering that his chakrams, fighting abilities, and overall skill set seems perfectly fine, there was no reason to add a Keyblade. It reeks of a cheap way to keep him in future games without relegating him to cameo.

And it was just as much of an ass pull with Kairi. Of course, that was so long ago that it gradually got accepted.

Screen whoring? He was in like 15% of the entire game.

I'm not only counting KH3D here.

I find the fact that he gets all this because he's popular with the fans and because the staff loves him troubling. Especially since he was never supposed to make it this far. To me, I always found this unfair. As long as you have bias, that's all you need to get anywhere on plot purpose. It's worse in KH because unlike other examples of a minor character/villain escalating his/her spot, this series has no sense of screen time or balance in comparison to other characters, so it makes it stick out like a sore thumb when Axel/Lea catches the lucky break out of the rest of his comrades.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Who exactly?

My point being no one really needs to use a Keyblade outside of Sora. What's stopping Mickey or Riku from picking up any old sword and just swinging away at Heartless. They have magic and skills with melee weapons that seems to be really all you need when combating Heartless and Nobodies.

I find the fact that he gets all this because he's popular with the fans and because the staff loves him troubling. Especially since he was never supposed to make it this far. To me, I always found this unfair. As long as you have bias, that's all you need to get anywhere on plot purpose. It's worse in KH because unlike other examples of a minor character/villain escalating his/her spot, this series has no sense of screen time or balance in comparison to other characters, so it makes it stick out like a sore thumb when Axel/Lea catches the lucky break out of the rest of his comrades.
Plans change. Supporting characters become main characters sometimes due to fan reaction . This isn't anything new to video games or storytelling in general. Heck Braig and to some extent Isa are guilty of this.

There are a lot of character's in KH. Are some going to get more screen time than others? Yes. So what if Lea wasn't originally planned to be this big or get this much screen time. He's a important character now, has been for years.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
My point being no one really needs to use a Keyblade outside of Sora. What's stopping Mickey or Riku from picking up any old sword and just swinging away at Heartless. They have magic and skills with melee weapons that seems to be really all you need when combating Heartless and Nobodies.

That still begs the question - why use anything else than what you have? I'm sure they can pick some sword or some weapon, but why go to all the trouble when you have one that fits a criteria and was handed to you? (especially since the Keyblade works like a sword anyway) And you do a good job with it? And doesn't deter you from fighting?

Lea's chakrams are not baggage. They were good weapons, and even in the game itself, he used them with something like Saïx's claymore.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Plans change. Supporting characters become main characters sometimes due to fan reaction . This isn't anything new to video games or storytelling in general. Heck Braig and to some extent Isa are guilty of this.

There are a lot of character's in KH. Are some going to get more screen time than others? Yes.

It's not, but I already explained my problem with that in KH. If you can't handle a huge cast of characters, then don't make them if their fate's simply to get thrown at the sidelines.

So what if Lea wasn't originally planned to be this big or get this much screen time. He's a important character now, has been for years.

Just wondered what made him such a special snowflake in CoM to deserve that title when pit against others. He was as much of a jerk ass as the rest of them.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Have you forgotten that the Keyblade is a special weapon that can open any lock, seal keyholes, reap hearts from the Heartless, and do all sorts of crazy stuff with hearts? That's why it's so important he gets one.

flurryflames

I think he got a keyblade because Noruma's has followers that look at forums. I remember there was a thread that said what if Lea had a keyblade on a different site. It must of gotten damn popular and then Noruma probably wanted to see the reaction's of the fans. I have a feeling that maybe the organization members have their weapons, but when they become human they can change them. Perhaps he will only use the keyblade when needed and stick with his oringal weapons.

If anything I think this will give the other members more screen time for all we know they could of been watching him through the black robes. I can see a turn over of rivals or enemies against him.

Didnt it say that Xenmas could wield a keyblade, but choses not to?

JustSnilloc

So now we went from Keyblade, to him using his other weapons as well? And possibly still has his fire. Does he?

Favoritism takes you places.

It's even more stupid. If he can use his previous weapons, why give him a Keyblade in the first place? Doesn't make shit of a difference.

Okay... You do realize that gaining a new thing doesn't mean losing everything that you possessed previously right?

Why would there be a need for him to have a Keyblade if he can still use his weapons?...

Because the keyblade can do things that simple chakrams cannot... Like the several many things that go on outside of combat, in combat however there are several things that normal weapons in general can't do that a keyblade can

And yet, Axel, and every other Organization member went against Keyblades and put up a damn good fight. I mean, for pete's sake, someone fought with cards.

Chakrams can slice, cut, hit, and work as a boomerang, he has fire, and they hold well in long-distance and close-quarter combat. I see nothing freaking wrong other than Lea being a superficial power gaining git.

So what's wrong with adding another weapon to something he's already good at? He's controlling the Chakrams telekenetically most of the time anyways

Instead of people placing their bets on the weapon, place it on skill.

Very true, however as everyone knows the keyblade is as strong as the heart using it... A character having a keyblade doesn't necessarily make them awesome, as you said it's skill too

Yeah because Xion is so tough,
Anyway, he willl just adapt to a new fighting stlye while implementing some of his own. There nothing he can do with the chakram he can't with the keyblade. I wonder if his fire power will be magnified now

Probably, I don't see why the keyblade would hinder anyone... Lea's keyblade probably has a strong affinity for the element of fire... Keyblades tend to have unique traits that they seek out unique wielders for

I mean, I can partially understand Kairi. She has nothing to defend herself with. But Axel/Lea?

Again, the keyblade can do waaaay more than chakrams can, mostly outside battle, but within battle keyblades can do a lot more as well

How about he fights with his Keyblade and just one chakram?

It's possible, and it's also possible he uses the keyblade so fast it's like there are two of them... Who knows? :D

Who exactly?

How about Riku? Riku used the Soul Eater, in the beginning of DDD he opted to use it instead of his keyblade.... Within Kingdom Hearts, it seems people are able to summon their weapons out of thin air, be the weapon a keyblade, the soul eater, or a chakram.

The reason we don't see other keyblade wielders using weapons outside the keyblade is because most of them have only used the keyblade or a wooden melee weapon (which the keyblade outclasses in every area). Riku using his Soul Eater is just proof that keyblade weilders are perfectly capable of using whatever weapon they want to... I'm sure if Lea chooses to, he could use his Chakrams... YMX used different weapons...

Saying "Those who wield the Keyblade have only used the Keyblade." is just blindly ignoring the truth

Oh, yeah, I definitely look forward to more Lea. But considering that his chakrams, fighting abilities, and overall skill set seems perfectly fine, there was no reason to add a Keyblade. It reeks of a cheap way to keep him in future games without relegating him to cameo.

See my explanations for why the keyblade has more uses than chakrams...

So Nomura should just ignore what the fans want? That'd be silly

And yeah, perhaps it's a little "unfair" but it IS plausible, it's not like Traverse Town's original shopkeeper is getting a keyblade or something >_>

It's a useful weapon is why they use it, more so than "any old sword", but sure, they could if they wanted to

There are a lot of character's in KH. Are some going to get more screen time than others? Yes. So what if Lea wasn't originally planned to be this big or get this much screen time. He's a important character now, has been for years.

This is what people not liking Axel's "usefulness" should read... Spelled out perfectly

That still begs the question - why use anything else than what you have? I'm sure they can pick some sword or some weapon, but why go to all the trouble when you have one that fits a criteria and was handed to you? (especially since the Keyblade works like a sword anyway) And you do a good job with it? And doesn't deter you from fighting?

Since you haven't had a chance to read this post yet, I'm not holding it against you, but again, refer to why a keyblade is more useful than any ordinary melee "sword-like" weapon...

Lea's chakrams are not baggage. They were good weapons, and even in the game itself, he used them with something like Saïx's claymore.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Yeah, nobody is calling them baggage... Lea got a new toy to play with and add to his arsenal, I highly doubt he's just going to trash his chakrams altogether

Have you forgotten that the Keyblade is a special weapon that can open any lock, seal keyholes, reap hearts from the Heartless, and do all sorts of crazy stuff with hearts? That's why it's so important he gets one.

this goes along with what I said :D

Didnt it say that Xenmas could wield a keyblade, but choses not to?

Nomura said he possibly had the ability to do so...

Ok look at it this way YMX had the etheral blades way befor he had a keyblade yet we seen him use both in 3D .

Right ;)

NocturnalMelody

While Lea has a pretty cool keyblade...I still wish he kept his chakrams. I had never seen a video game character with those kinds of weapons before, and they made him stand out in KH...not to mention that he looked badass summoning them before a battle. I'll be sad to see them gone :(

keyblade13

While Lea has a pretty cool keyblade...I still wish he kept his chakrams. I had never seen a video game character with those kinds of weapons before, and they made him stand out in KH...not to mention that he looked badass summoning them before a battle. I'll be sad to see them gone :(
They won't be gone. As many have stated in this thread you dont have to lose something to gain something. I do personally see him splitting the keyblade in half and using the hilt as chakrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back