• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lea Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

Re: Ok everyone...Lea gets..

I don't find it that far-fetched. Xehanort wants a new Keyblade War. And he's pretty much winning, new keyblade Wielders were meant to appear, and Lea is a good candidate.

I think what will bother some fans of the series isn't that Lea got a keyblade per se, but rather that lea has been given more attention over the series. he was in CoM and then goes onto KHII where he was suppose to die after fighting Roxas. Fans and developers liked him so much that he left alive longer in the game and had the big sacrifice event near the end of KHII. Then he has a big spotlight in Days, only beaten out by Roxas and Xion. then he shows up in BBS, even though it was one scene or so. And now he was given more exposure in 3D and now a wielder and we don't know how or why.

Some people might feel that he is given too much favoritism and overshadowing other characters. or that they might see his character get derailed from what we saw in CoM.

Basically, Lea getting a keyblade will be THE base breaker for this game most likely, not the results of the MoM, not the Xehanorts or other things. This will be the thing most argued and fanbase splitting event from the game.

its not that lea got a keyblade; its that this just might be the last straw for people who were getting fed up with Axel/lea.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing

I'm just sitting here wondering how the heck he got one.... suddenly being a keyblade master doesn't seem to be that rare. Like in the first game everybody was flippen out that Sora had one because it was this legendary weapon or whatever and that made him super special.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Welp, nice to see the continued degradation of the Keyblade's importance and uniqueness in the 'modern' times of the KH universe.

I can't wait till after the game's released in English countries. Hearing people 'wat' and rage about it is going to be juicy as hell.

fantasygurl1227

Welp, nice to see the continued degradation of the Keyblade's importance and uniqueness in the 'modern' times of the KH universe.

This is how I feel about it. I don't mind TAV and Riku/Sora/Mickey having one, but Axel and Kairi? Really now? REALLY????

And Eraqus/ Master Xehanort/ Vanitas/Xion/Roxas have one. Yeah having a keyblade doesn't really seem that hard now.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

Kairi has had her Keyblade ever since KH2. Just sayin'. can't be compared to Axel. If anything, she's more legitimate to wield it.

Also, while I partly agree. The degradation of the Keyblade's uniqueness is the entirety of the villain's plot. If anything that means this serie got a pretty successful villain.

fantasygurl1227

Kairi has had her Keyblade ever since KH2. Just sayin'. can't be compared to Axel. If anything, she's more legitimate to wield it.

Also, while I partly agree. The degradation of the Keyblade's uniqueness is the entirety of the villain's plot. If anything that means this serie got a pretty successful villain.

Yeah and it's still BS. XD

I'm a bit confused on the villain thing. So Xehanort wants everybody and their grandma to have a keyblade? Why?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It is also known ever since KH 2 that there are as many keyblades as there are qualified hearts, so this shouldn't come as such a surprise anyways.

---

As for Xehanort: He wants a new keyblade war, destroy the universe and rebuild it with him as god.
Clear enough?

fantasygurl1227

It is also known ever since KH 2 that there are as many keyblades as there are qualified hearts, so this shouldn't come as such a surprise anyways.

It's still hilarious considering how in KH1 it was like "le gasp you have a keyblade no waaaaay, you are so special and amazing and omggggg"
lol

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

Yeah and it's still BS. XD

I'm a bit confused on the villain thing. So Xehanort wants everybody and their grandma to have a keyblade? Why?
He wants the Keyblade War to happen. For the first Keyblade War, thousands Keyblade Wielder fought. If he wants another War to happen, he needs hundreds, even thousands Keyblade Wielder to awaken.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I think what will bother some fans of the series isn't that Lea got a keyblade per se, but rather that lea has been given more attention over the series. he was in CoM and then goes onto KHII where he was suppose to die after fighting Roxas. Fans and developers liked him so much that he left alive longer in the game and had the big sacrifice event near the end of KHII. Then he has a big spotlight in Days, only beaten out by Roxas and Xion. then he shows up in BBS, even though it was one scene or so. And now he was given more exposure in 3D and now a wielder and we don't know how or why.

Some people might feel that he is given too much favoritism and overshadowing other characters. or that they might see his character get derailed from what we saw in CoM.

Basically, Lea getting a keyblade will be THE base breaker for this game most likely, not the results of the MoM, not the Xehanorts or other things. This will be the thing most argued and fanbase splitting event from the game.

its not that lea got a keyblade; its that this just might be the last straw for people who were getting fed up with Axel/lea.

*claps*

You described my feelings entirely. And shorter, too, lol. Someone's...OVEREXPOSED.

No doubt this was done to permanently place him in the series forever and a day.

I do wonder if this will end up being a fandom divide among all the other ones. But if Lea gets a break unlike Kairi did, I would shove that hypocrisy on people's throats so bad that they'll never hear the end of it. Just because he has fighting experience does not mean his own Keyblade wasn't done in the exact ass pull situation. And like Kairi in BBS, will probably get an explanation somewhere.

Otherwise, if this dude got one, then everybody else should.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's still hilarious considering how in KH1 it was like "le gasp you have a keyblade no waaaaay, you are so special and amazing and omggggg"
lol

I really get the vibe people are putting way too much emphasis on KH 1 and some details of its once "stand-alone" plot. Nomura only started to flesh out the story further after KH1 was a success and therefore there are some slight discrepancies which can be easily overlooked if one isn't tangled up in nostalgia.
KH 1 is NOT the measure point for the whole plot. It's only one part of the whole story.

Keyblade wielders are special and amazing because they can influence much more than any wizard or sorceress ever can.
Nomura never intended Sora to be one highly special being though, he repeatedly stressed that Sora is just a normal boy so the "praising" in KH 1 can be attributed to it being dark times and keyblade wielders having become rare (after all, Ansem SoD was very busy destroying worlds with his Heartless legions).

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

Holy crap.

Well, that surprised me a little.
Now to wait for my turn to watch it in English when I play the game.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

Not to say, but Lea already got an explanation, when you think about it...

Which is what? I agree its kindof dumb to spread the love so much but Kairi has a BS reason we can all agree and we just need a good reason Lea.

HOWEVER leets not all be dumb though we knew that eventually as the series progress we would see new keyblade bearers

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm

Let's just give him a chance. I'm use they have a good reason for giving him one.
Or well, it's not like they've not given away keyblades like it's nobody's, no pun intended, business. Coughkairi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back