• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Message at the end of KH3D.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Message at the end of KH3D. (Take Everything With A Grain Of Salt General)

I don't even care what started Axel/Lea's "takeover". I just truly detest character favoritism when it comes to creative work. Not only does it unfairly overshadow other characters, with potential, for the sake of the screen time and focus, but this is the type of crap that happens.

Shouldn't you then also "detest" the character favoritism that is done for i.e. Mickey or Riku? I won't count Sora since he's the protagonist.
I also don't really see (yet) which characters Axel/Lea really unfairly overshadows, as if the constant rumors are true the other majors like Terra, Ven, Aqua, Roxas and Naminé, heck, even Ansem the Wise will still get their share of screen time.

It's true that Lea is apparently elevated from major support character to "major" without the support though, and giving him a keyblade is, while I don't really mind it, really somewhat redundant/unneccessary.
Calling it now that Isa then will probably get one as well later on, lol.

And created another broken base in the process.

I'm holding what I first thought: if I wanted 358/2 Days, of a tragic 14th member, I would have gone over to the nearest fanfiction site. I seriously saw a similar work (one of the better ones) back in...the early-mid 2000s, way before Xion was created. Minus the whole clone situation. It was freaking daunting. That's not something I wanted to witness in canon. That's really what started it all for me.

Honestly, at this point, I don't even know what to think of Nomura. The more the games keep coming, the more I find it hard to agree with some of the decisions taken with it. Not all, but some. It's like he can't escape overusing things. To fix things that aren't broken. The ending in this game would have been great, in fact, it probably is. Yet, here comes the "OMG SURPRISE TWIST" (no doubt his thoughts) about another character wielding a Keyblade. It's just, ugh, why? Axel/Lea was fine the way he was.

But I like I said, it what it is. It can't be changed. So I'm going to leave it.

Anyway, I'm curious about the whole "Darkness 13" or "13 Darkness". The only time that number was associated with anyone was the Organization. And, oh yea, we still haven't gotten the real names of 9-12.

If you go by that premise Nomura will never be able to please the whole fanbase, there are always some who will complain either because they don't like the focus a character gets or how the story plays out.

Him taking the ideas of his colleagues into account and occassionally implementing them is much along the lines of "appreciating your team" I think, as he doesn't want to be a dictator who only forces his ideas through, although the core story and framework are still from him.

Tsk, I don't really believe that "Lea gets a keyblade" is the really big and shocking fact that is revealed? What's about Sora's heart apparently shattered by Xehanort? What does that mean for the status of Ven, Roxas and Xion? WTF is up with Ansem's data? The "13 darknesses" Xehanort is babbling about?

Maybe the "13 darknesses" really refers to MX's apparently "new" Organisation, which may be all the seeds he scattered as backup plans.
I could imagine something along the lines that Xehanort and any of the seeds can't be killed because the others immediately heal the damage, so all 13 have to be defeated at the exact same time.

The real names of Org members 9 to 12? As it looks like now they apparently aren't even that important characters, and regarding 9 and 10 I doubt they ever were. They're just fillers anyways.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

What about if Axel's Keyblade is similar to bond of flame the only difference being is he can separate each part making similar to his chakrams.

Really can't see Axel using a bladed weapon really.

MasterZeR0

I'm fairly positive that it meant Sora drew his keyblade after exiting the RoS, before he goes on his one-man journey, NOT that Lea gets a keyblade... At least, that's what it seems like to me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'm fairly positive that it meant Sora drew his keyblade after exiting the RoS, before he goes on his one-man journey, NOT that Lea gets a keyblade... At least, that's what it seems like to me.

Question would also be then if it really is a one-man journey...are Roxas, Ven and Xion already out of him? If not, he won't be truly alone. ;)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

What?

He saw his hometown get destroyed, his oldest and best friend tried to KILL HIM, the girl he had a crush on got kidnapped by said friend and the evilest villains out there, not to mention he had to deal with a megalomaniac with a god-complex who had just possessed said friend and wanted to use his crushes heart to become some sort of God-being and plunge the universe into everlasting DARKNESSSSSSSSSS and to top it all off he had to seal his best best friend behind enemy lines.

All at the age of 14 :/

Yeah he a lucky a kid, and his keyblade weilding has been kind of circumstacial since he is the first to gain one without having the ritual performed. Sora is gonna have to earn masterhood in his own way. Possibly under aqua?
It wasnt hardship that made us pick riku it was, just his maturity, itelligence, he also worked for a man who had alot of intell on the subject of hearts, he was always the more qualified one. Saving the day doesnt mean your hero or a master, i've seen enough disney movies and anime to know that.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Shouldn't you then also "detest" the character favoritism that is done for i.e. Mickey or Riku? I won't count Sora since he's the protagonist.

Riku's a main character, believe it or not. It's not favoritism as much as having his place in the story since the beginning (which is why Kairi being put aside is completely ridiculous, though with the whole seven princesses thing appearing again...). Mickey's exactly the same way - a key character from KH1 and a figure of the series. Axel was only a selfish jerkass as much as the rest of the members who got lucky people loved him so much and therefore got his chance to shine/develop. He's something to be milked. He's popular with the masses, and they are going to use that for sales. And since he's also a staff favorite, there you go. He's cemented.

With a keyblade.

It's the standard now, or you have no point of being relevant, it seems :rolleyes:.

The same way you have no point of being relevant if you don't look like Sora or Kairi, or be a part of some constant trinity connected back to the main one.

How accurate is this whole Lea thing doesn't matter. That will mean having faith, and I'm done with that for KH. I rather ride this without false hope.

I also don't really see (yet) which characters Axel/Lea really unfairly overshadows, as if the constant rumors are true the other majors like Terra, Ven, Aqua, Roxas and Naminé, heck, even Ansem the Wise will still get their share of screen time.

You kind of answered that yourself below here:

It's true that Lea is apparently elevated from major support character to "major" without the support though, and giving him a keyblade is, while I don't really mind it, really somewhat redundant/unneccessary.
Calling it now that Isa then will probably get one as well later on, lol.

It's fine if he has some role to play in Roxas' life. But it's gotten out of hand.

And, oh gawd, no. I don't want to think of the idea even though there's the highest probability it can happen.

If you go by that premise Nomura will never be able to please the whole fanbase, there are always some who will complain either because they don't like the focus a character gets or how the story plays out.

Except pleasing the whole fanbase wasn't this difficult in the past. KH2 could either be a hit or miss with some, admittedly, yet it didn't change much. KH1 and CoM were accepted. It wasn't until these recent side games began to come out that shit hit the fan, to be honest.

Him taking the ideas of his colleagues into account and occassionally implementing them is much along the lines of "appreciating your team" I think, as he doesn't want to be a dictator who only forces his ideas through, although the core story and framework are still from him.

It's not wrong. But it has to be things that work for the story without making too many plot discrepancies. And not have it half-assed. For example, I don't get how adding a character (unnecessarily at that) who had not existed in any way between two established installments made any sense whatsoever. And who needed to be "forgotten" and disappear for the sake of not contradicting the game that comes after it, or the one that coincides with it. Which is pretty stupid because Xion was supposedly alive during CoM, and yet there was nothing. We saw representations of Roxas and Naminé residing inside Sora and Kairi, to accentuate their consciousness, and Ventus had the whole "Heart" situation with Roxas. TAV had been hinted. Their introductions were smoothed out. Xion was, more or less, thrown into a clock tower scenario with Axel and Roxas out of freaking thin air whose apparently BFFs with them. I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now, and forcing me to feel pity isn't going to work on me.

Tomoco Kanemaki isn't part of the central KH staff, really, just has her connections (her foreword said enough). An author who writes extra novels for the games and had the opportunity to have her own creation appear in the series. If it wasn't for those aforementioned connections, she would be in our typical spot when it comes to inventing our own characters, whether for the bad or good. Maybe that's why it's so fanfic-y. I respect her, however, for giving members the depth that they should have been given. Whether she consulted it with Nomura and asked for some background information, it gave them what they lacked. A little anyway. And made me cry at their waste. Because damn it was interesting.

There's also Axel and Naminé bonding, which should've been seen in the light of the main games. Considering that he mentioned her in Remembrance with Roxas, and they got into the topic of him and the "Heart" he might or might not have.

Tsk, I don't really believe that "Lea gets a keyblade" is the really big and shocking fact that is revealed? What's about Sora's heart apparently shattered by Xehanort? What does that mean for the status of Ven, Roxas and Xion? WTF is up with Ansem's data? The "13 darknesses" Xehanort is babbling about?

I never said it was. I was just commenting on that in particular and what Nomura perhaps thought was a good shock met with gusto was...not. Well, who knows, can't speak for everyone. It's another thing that didn't work for me at least.

Maybe the "13 darknesses" really refers to MX's apparently "new" Organisation, which may be all the seeds he scattered as backup plans.
I could imagine something along the lines that Xehanort and any of the seeds can't be killed because the others immediately heal the damage, so all 13 have to be defeated at the exact same time.

The real names of Org members 9 to 12? As it looks like now they apparently aren't even that important characters, and regarding 9 and 10 I doubt they ever were. They're just fillers anyways.

Probably more than likely.

Then might as well just have made it Organization VIII. Maybe an added extra two so they can die for plot purpose, like CoM. Other than the whole unlucky number symbolism, if this was their fate, then there was no use creating or focusing on these characters. I find it pointless. I've seen better handling of this in other media, and they do it better too. Hell, even with a bigger cast. And not even for that span of a long time. It was just a fail. Especially when you have one installment whose setting was on their base. There's no excuse.

And if they have no importance, just release their names already. I can't fathom why he's keeping it. What, for a simple cameo? The heck.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Umm, I welcome Lea as a keyblade weilder. Sorry some don't like it, but it's not like the hints weren't there (the keyblade from KH2, the one from BBS, Axel knew Sora, Roxas and Ven)

Riku pass just as we predicted, but Sora going on a one man journey we didn't see.

13 darkness... 13 seeds? That's alot of planting

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

It's either:
1) A HD remake collection.
2) BBSv2, going over all the blank spots in the timeline.

A HD remake collection (BBS:fm, I:fm, RE:COM, II:fm+ at least, with CGI recaps of Days and RE:Coded.) including the blank spots... that's would be something...

My God. That would be a gamers orgasmic paradise. All the final mixes and updated coded and days. yumm

the past as a new number - TAV awakened for kingdom hearts 3
in never before seen detail - PS3/PS4 Graphics
prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number - kingdom hearts 3

Psst. PS4 isn't going to be released any time soon. It's prolly all of these. I wouldn't be suprised. I hope BBSv2 will be a remaster of BBS PLUS all of the missing story stuff along with everything else. It should also be a final mix version, for PS3.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Umm, I welcome Lea as a keyblade weilder. Sorry some don't like it, but it's not like the hints weren't there (the keyblade from KH2, the one from BBS, Axel knew Sora, Roxas and Ven)

Those weren't hints at all. From every so and so world, or character, you get a keychain. Any object. That means that every one of them are automatic Keyblade wielders then? What. The Organization knew Sora and Roxas. Does that mean they can get to wield Keyblades too? Just what.

zEndless

I am very dissapointed about Lea getting a keyblade, it just doesn't fit in. So there better be a really good explanation for him getting one, or I call bullshit.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Those weren't hints at all. From every so and so world, or character, you get a keychain. Any object. That means that every one of them are automatic Keyblade wielders then? What. The Organization knew Sora and Roxas. Does that mean they can get to wield Keyblades too? Just what.

Just chill about it, alright? It's not like fans never knew this would happen and like Seph said, the fans did it first so it's a little redundant.

The fans thought of other wielders (even Kairi before KH2)
Fans thought of new enemies
Fans thought of the 14th member
Fans thought of others who look like Sora and Kairi (well me included)

Case in point...

It's the Simpson did it kind of thing.

Fans control the series more than you think.

zEndless

^

No these are just obvious things that were going to happen.

'Fans thought of new enemies'

WHAT A TWIST

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

^

No these are just obvious things that were going to happen.

'Fans thought of new enemies'

WHAT A TWIST

*Clears Throat* Dis-Souls, anyone? XD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Riku's a main character, believe it or not. It's not favoritism as much as having his place in the story since the beginning (which is why Kairi being put aside is completely ridiculous, though with the whole seven princesses thing appearing again...). Mickey's exactly the same way - a key character from KH1 and a figure of the series. Axel was only a selfish jerkass as much as the rest of the members who got lucky people loved him so much and therefore got his chance to shine/develop. He's something to be milked. He's popular with the masses, and they are going to use that for sales. And since he's also a staff favorite, there you go. He's cemented.

With a keyblade.

It's the standard now, or you have no point of being relevant, it seems :rolleyes:.

The same way you have no point of being relevant if you don't look like Sora or Kairi, or be a part of some constant trinity connected back to the main one.

How accurate is this whole Lea thing doesn't matter. That will mean having faith, and I'm done with that for KH. I rather ride this without false hope.

Uh yeah, and TAV, Naminé, Roxas or Donald and Goofy aren't main characters? Yet they get way less focus than Riku or Mickey, but still more than, say, Lea, Yen Sid or Ansem the Wise.

That may be the case, yep, but as long as his involvement isn't overly ridiculous and he has actual impact on how the story expands and unfolds I don't see what's so negative about that.

The story is constantly expanding and more mysteries of the whole universe are unfolded and developed, but giving out Keyblades could be a sort of "fear" on the developer's side that a character might not be viewed as "cool enough" when he/she doesn't have a Keyblade.
But I'll seriously laugh (and facepalm) if we see then later on Naminé, Ansem the Wise, Donald and Goofy all running around with Keyblades, lol.

The KH series has focal points on the power and connections between hearts so relevant persons being tied somehow to the already established cast sorta comes with the territory.

I would say that is highly subjective as several people expect different things from the series. I for myself actually find that the series has gotten (in an overall view, regardless of some even severe flaws) better than before especially with the addition of Birth by Sleep and its cast.

You kind of answered that yourself below here:

It's fine if he has some role to play in Roxas' life. But it's gotten out of hand.

And, oh gawd, no. I don't want to think of the idea even though there's the highest probability it can happen.

It's not uncommon though in fictional works that some former support characters get an increase in importance in the whole picture.
While I can agree with you that giving him a Keyblade is vastly stretching it and is, if no significant story purpose for it comes up, as unneccessary as a whoopee cushion, I don't necessarily see increasing his importance overall as a bad thing.

Except pleasing the whole fanbase wasn't this difficult in the past. KH2 could either be a hit or miss with some, admittedly, yet it didn't change much. KH1 and CoM were accepted. It wasn't until these recent side games began to come out that shit hit the fan, to be honest.
In the past there were also vastly different circumstances, like a general younger and more easily pleaseable fanbase, no former titles to compare to and an oversimplified, cliché storyline. Not to mention many people tend to give KH1 extra points due to nostalgia.
KH2, while I do like it pretty much, it had admittedly some serious errors like story pacing and some awkward dialogue. The dumbed down difficulty though, which nowadays some people tend to whine about so much, was included due to fan complaints about the first game being too difficult in the battle department. Complaints over the controls in the Atlantica level (from the unpleasable fanbase! Yes, even back THEN!) led to the total revamp of Atlantica in KH2.

Another reason might also be that people nowadays (in comparison to 2002 to 2004) have just too high expectations in every area.
A good example for this is also the overall reactions to Final Fantasy X compared to those of Final Fantasy XII and, more strikingly, Final Fantasy XIII.
People complain about FF XIII being linear? Great, FF X was just as linear as XIII up to a certain point.

It's not wrong. But it has to be things that work for the story without making too many plot discrepancies. And not have it half-assed. For example, I don't get how adding a character (unnecessarily at that) who had not existed in any way between two established installments made any sense whatsoever. And who needed to be "forgotten" and disappear for the sake of not contradicting the game that comes after it, or the one that coincides with it. Which is pretty stupid because Xion was supposedly alive during CoM, and yet there was nothing. We saw representations of Roxas and Naminé residing inside Sora and Kairi, to accentuate their consciousness, and Ventus had the whole "Heart" situation with Roxas. TAV had been hinted. Their introductions were smoothed out. Xion was, more or less, thrown into a clock tower scenario with Axel and Roxas out of freaking thin air whose apparently BFFs with them. I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now, and forcing me to feel pity isn't going to work on me.

For this it needs to be evaluated if there are really that bad plot discrepancies. Piecing Sora's memory back together did take so long because the Org interfered with their plan and the Replica they created sucked up Sora's memories through his nobody. Roxas would have never got a single memory of Sora inside himself if Xion would not have started to suck out the disconnected memories from Sora through him.
Roxas never had any "memory-sucking" powers so he alone would not have got any of Sora's memories, making the reconstruction-stuff taking that long and him being forced back into Sora unneccessary.
I'll give you that though, while TAV, Roxas and Naminé were reasonably foreshadowed and Nomura already made several cryptic comments about Roxas' "special status" and this having to do with "Xehanort's memories" (which was a metaphor for BBS back then) early on.
With Xion, her overall "weaving" into the overall plot outside of Days only started with Blank Points in BBS.

Tomoco Kanemaki isn't part of the central KH staff, really, just has her connections (her foreword said enough). An author who writes extra novels for the games and had the opportunity to have her own creation appear in the series. If it wasn't for those aforementioned connections, she would be in our typical spot when it comes to inventing our own characters, whether for the bad or good. Maybe that's why it's so fanfic-y. I respect her, however, for giving members the depth that they should have been given. Whether she consulted it with Nomura and asked for some background information, it gave them what they lacked. A little anyway. And made me cry at their waste. Because damn it was interesting.

There's also Axel and Naminé bonding, which should've been seen in the light of the main games. Considering that he mentioned her in Remembrance with Roxas, and they got into the topic of him and the "Heart" he might or might not have.

Ah, so like she's a friend of Nomura, or what? Like Nomura is best buddies with Kojima (who's Metal Gear series also has a convoluted plot)?

I thought I read somewhere that Nomura gave out some background material for the novels which he felt was unneccessary to add in the games because it would distract from the main characters.
When I look at Larxene and Marluxia from CoM they already have some decent depth I would say. And their attitudes and quirks were actually confirmed during the short time they were shown in Days.
Luxord had more screentime in Days than he had in KH2 and Demyx was also confirmed as the lazy, annoying dumbass who is too cowardly to fight himself and either bribes others to do his work (aka Roxas) or let his water clones do the job, pretty much fits together with the few glimpses we saw in KH2.

I never said it was. I was just commenting on that in particular and what Nomura perhaps thought was a good shock met with gusto was...not. Well, who knows, can't speak for everyone. It's another thing that didn't work for me at least.

Probably more than likely.

Then might as well just have made it Organization VIII. Maybe an added extra two so they can die for plot purpose, like CoM. Other than the whole unlucky number symbolism, if this was their fate, then there was no use creating or focusing on these characters. I find it pointless. I've seen better handling of this in other media, and they do it better too. Hell, even with a bigger cast. And not even for that span of a long time. It was just a fail. Especially when you have one installment whose setting was on their base. There's no excuse.

And if they have no importance, just release their names already. I can't fathom why he's keeping it. What, for a simple cameo? The heck.

Lol, no one knows what Nomura actually thinks, but I really doubt it's just giving Lea a keyblade.

Would make Xehanort definitely one hell of a difficult fellow to take out, if that is the case he can give Voldemort a run for his money and the good guys would need 13 people who are on Xehanort's level or higher to beat all of his "13 darknesses" simultaneously.

The use for "creating" them was actually to have someone fill the ranks and act as more bosses obviously from a gameplay-point of view. As for "focusing" on characters that is always a balance act depending on how they are needed in the overall picture. I remember Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace also not getting much focus at all and yet he was sort of the "final boss".
As with "bigger cast", do I sense a reference to Final Fantasy Type-0 there? Although class zero are all good guys as far as I remember, and the bad guys also only have Cid Aulstyne and Qator Bashtar really focused upon. Much like the Org focuses mostly on the important members like Xigbar, Xemnas, Saix, Axel and possibly Vexen.
I remember in Days there was not always (although mostly) Xion moping, as we also got quite some stuff between Saix, Xigbar and Xemnas discussing their plans, references to BBS, Saix and Axel scenes as well as much insight into Xaldin's thought processes and how the plot in Beast Castle came to be.
Even Demyx got lots of screentime when on missions with Roxas and, personally, just annoyed the heck out of me.

Do we know that Nomura is keeping it? Maybe he just doesn't see it as important enough for the overall story and decided to leave it out?

Riku pass just as we predicted, but Sora going on a one man journey we didn't see.

13 darkness... 13 seeds? That's alot of planting

It would be new for me that someone gets a Keyblade by just being a friend of a Keyblade wielder, lol.
The Keyblade in KH2 was "modelled" after Axel's weapons, to see that as a clue to him getting one is a bit farfetched.

I wouldn't go into detail about the ending stuff this much until we have certainly confirmed evidence that this is going to happen.
We don't know if these "13 darknesses" are really Xehanort's seeds and Riku getting the master title alone can also be the case because he's to only one capable of receiving it, depending on Sora's state at the end of the whole game.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I love how we pretty much saw all this coming. I guess the thing about 13 hearts of darkness was true too.
And Lea getting a keyblade was unexpected except to this guy
[video=youtube;-Kb_oQwJ4vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kb_oQwJ4vk&feature=plcp&context=C43ad448VDvjVQa1PpcFPrsRWMysttPbrPpEcLtFiOgLzp9oE2JKA%3D[/video]

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm

I don't know how to react to Lea getting a keyblade yet. It seems kinda off, I'm pretty sure some fans will be pretty disappointed.

Etherealin

I don't know how to react to Lea getting a keyblade yet. It seems kinda off, I'm pretty sure some fans will be pretty disappointed.

Same here...I think it'll look strange, to say the least. Everyone's used to seeing him with two weapons, so using just one to fight with will just look odd. XD

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm

I just can't imagine him having a keyblade. I'm not saying it would be a bad thing. I don't know.
I really need to see the ending video, haha. And the secret ending too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back