• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will They Change Xehanort's Original Goal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I was overlooking the 9th Xehanort report when I found this:

If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create the Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

Considering that he expressly declares his purpose in his reports, is Nomura going to try to make MX look like a tragic hero KH3? Or will the MX in KH3 have a completely different intention than what he started with? Any thoughts on this?

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I have a feeling that Xehanort is just greedy for power, fooling himself by saying that he wants it in order to 'maintain a perfect balance'. For every single KH game, no matter what form of Xehanort it was, he always wanted KH. Ansem, Xemnas, Master Xehanort himself, etc... That'll never change. And even if it does, it'll be for that same exact goal: power.
Now, I could be wrong and he actually wants to keep the universe in perfect balance. But all the horrible things he did. I mean, here's a list:
As MX: Stole Terra's body and manipulated him, treated Ven like a sh*tty tool and tore his heart out, tried to choke Aqua after possessing Terra's body.
As Xehanort the Apprentice to Ansem the Wise: Unleashed the masses Heartless upon the worlds of Light, possibly used the Keyblade to extract Vexen's, Ienzo's, Lea's, and Isa's(I think) hearts, etc...
As Ansem: Possessed Riku's body and put the Realm of Light in grave danger.
As Xemnas: Made an artificial KH through the Heartless, used Roxas and Xion as tools, manipulated the Organization by promising them hearts when KH was probably for his own power.
The list goes on and on. Even if MX has good intentions, he has a heck of a way to get there. And I mean a horrible, terrible, evil way.

JustSnilloc

I have a feeling that Xehanort is just greedy for power, fooling himself by saying that he wants it in order to 'maintain a perfect balance'. For every single KH game, no matter what form of Xehanort it was, he always wanted KH. Ansem, Xemnas, Master Xehanort himself, etc... That'll never change. And even if it does, it'll be for that same exact goal: power.
Now, I could be wrong and he actually wants to keep the universe in perfect balance. But all the horrible things he did. I mean, here's a list:
As MX: Stole Terra's body and manipulated him, treated Ven like a sh*tty tool and tore his heart out, tried to choke Aqua after possessing Terra's body.
As Xehanort the Apprentice to Ansem the Wise: Unleashed the masses Heartless upon the worlds of Light, possibly used the Keyblade to extract Vexen's, Ienzo's, Lea's, and Isa's(I think) hearts, etc...
As Xemnas: Made an artificial KH through the Heartless, used Roxas and Xion as tools, manipulated the Organization by promising them hearts when KH was probably for his own power.
The list goes on and on. Even if MX has good intentions, he has a heck of a way to get there. And I mean a horrible, terrible, evil way.

You can't really attribute Xemnas's and ASoD's actions to Xehanort though... They're the heartless and nobody of an amnesia stricken being with 2 pasts

Awards
The world was doing relatively fine before he corrupted it, though, and I doubt his new world would truly be equal and peaceful and perfect. Plus, I think he's destroyed enough lives and screwed enough people to be considered a well intentioned extremist at best. I don't see him being a tragic hero, myself. He's cruel enough to be a full villain if he kidnapped random people for unethical experiments on their hearts and took over the body of a boy he corrupted. There's enough against him, he's no hero. In my opinion, at least.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
You can't really attribute Xemnas's and ASoD's actions to Xehanort though... They're the heartless and nobody of an amnesia stricken being with 2 pasts

Who's to say that MX's ambitions didn't influence his variations like that? It seems pretty logical. Besides, Apprentice Xehanort always seemed more MX-oriented than Terra (and Eraqus, by extension).

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
To me "Tragic Hero" seems to be the farthest thing away from what MX could be at the end of his saga. He, and all variations of him, have messed up the worlds too much over the years, and they all seemed to have the goal of obtaining some kind of great power from KH.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
The world was doing relatively fine before he corrupted it, though, and I doubt his new world would truly be equal and peaceful and perfect. Plus, I think he's destroyed enough lives and screwed enough people to be considered a well intentioned extremist at best. I don't see him being a tragic hero, myself.

That's actually kinda debatable. Light and Darkness clearly have been at a war of sorts against one another all of this time, in a constant struggle for dominance over one another. I mean, look at Master Eraqus and his view of darkness needing to be eliminated completely.

Master Xehanort, by the time of BBS, was certainly cruel and his original goal most likely meant very little to him, if at all. But I do believe that there was certainly a point in time where he truly did believe in creating a new and perfect world with a perfect balance of Light and Dark. Master Xehanort was not always evil. :)

Awards
That's actually kinda debatable. Light and Darkness clearly have been at a war of sorts against one another all of this time, in a constant struggle for dominance over one another. I mean, look at Master Eraqus and his view of darkness needing to be eliminated completely.

Master Xehanort, by the time of BBS, was certainly cruel and his original goal most likely meant very little to him, if at all. But I do believe that there was certainly a point in time where he truly did believe in creating a new and perfect world with a perfect balance of Light and Dark. Master Xehanort was not always evil. :)
I know, the world's never been perfect. There were keyblade masters to keep order, so order was not keeping itself. There probably were quite a few issues before he showed that he had nothing to do with. I just feel that he made it worse, what with the artificial heartless and Vanitas and the unversed. He did train alongside Eraqus, I know he couldn't have always been so corrupt. But with how far he's willingly strayed from the path of good, he's certainly evil now, right? :3

MasterZeR0

I'm hoping that Xehanort's Guardian is some evil being that has corrupted him, making him fight for darkness, or Idonno, whatever.

I do want the Guardian to be explained though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was overlooking the 9th Xehanort report when I found this:

Considering that he expressly declares his purpose in his reports, is Nomura going to try to make MX look like a tragic hero KH3? Or will the MX in KH3 have a completely different intention than what he started with? Any thoughts on this?

A tragic Hero? A complete monster can't be a tragic hero...I'm seriously wondering why anyone would even consider that. This "intention" written there may have been a goal of MX in the past, but by now he has fallen way too far and committed too much crimes against the very universe itself.
Master Xehanort already has completely other intentions by now, not to mention that this original goal itself is already an insult as he dares to plan to elevate himself to god-status and decide over all life and dictate how the universe has to be.

This so-called "goal" isn't as noble as he makes it sound to be, it only serves to give his megalomania and thirst for all knowledge (and by extension, power) some faux credibility.

It isn't so much that Xehanort is fooling himself, but rather that he may try to use that as an excuse for all the unforgivable crap he has done and I dearly hope that Sora or whoever he attempts it on will see straight through the charade and doesn't buy anything of these lies.
Sora already proved capable of that when he deconstructed Xemnas' "alas, poor villain, we had no choice"-shit in the finale of KH 2 and told him to hold it, lol.
If he really wants that or not is irrelevant now anyways, his horrible actions have already disqualified him as reasonable or trustworthy person and him wanting to gain the power of Kingdom Hearts to play god is an insolence in itself.

Making all his crimes into a list would truly be an effort, seeing how much peril and suffering he brought upon individual characters and whole worlds alike.

The world was doing relatively fine before he corrupted it, though, and I doubt his new world would truly be equal and peaceful and perfect. Plus, I think he's destroyed enough lives and screwed enough people to be considered a well intentioned extremist at best. I don't see him being a tragic hero, myself. He's cruel enough to be a full villain if he kidnapped random people for unethical experiments on their hearts and took over the body of a boy he corrupted. There's enough against him, he's no hero. In my opinion, at least.

Indeed, the keyblade war was what already destroyed the once complete world of light and the small worlds we travel to nowadays are only shards left of the old world saved by children, the lanes between are around those worlds, and what have these lanes? Darkness. The corridors of Darkness are there as well, the Realm of Darkness is one big, whole world while the Realm of Light is scattered into several smaller pieces. So if there is an imbalance I would rather assume that, on the cosmic scale, there's an overabundance of darkness.

Of course this new world wouldn't be equal and perfect because we would have Xehanort pulling the strings from the background. He would in essence enslave every heart that there is and his warped views of "balance" truly won't be for the best of everyone.

Xehanort is way too far gone to be considered a well-intentioned extremist. That title may have hold true in his youth, but nowdays (or rather, by the time of BBS) he borders on complete monster territory with a god-complex.
Eraqus or even Ansem the Wise as DiZ to a degree can be considered well-intentioned extremists, but surely not Xehanort.

That's why I can't even comphrehend to place Xehanort near "tragic hero" territory, he's not even an anti-villain but a full-fledged villain bordering on complete monster territory.
I don't think that, looking solely on the KH series itself, we have seen someone more evil than he is.

Of course, no one can argue that he wasn't always like this, but we're talking about current Xehanort here, the one responsible for over 15 years of suffering (counting from four years before BBS to the end of KH 2).

To me "Tragic Hero" seems to be the farthest thing away from what MX could be at the end of his saga. He, and all variations of him, have messed up the worlds too much over the years, and they all seemed to have the goal of obtaining some kind of great power from KH.

Completely agree, the whole designation is wrong.

i can see a tragic hero thing happpening for MX.

but either way hesgoing down

I surely hope it goes down without that. After all he has done I simply refuse to feel any pity for that bastard and if he does try to play the victim card I wish for the heroes just to say "shut up and disappear already, bane of our lives."

Theart

Awards
I know, the world's never been perfect. There were keyblade masters to keep order, so order was not keeping itself. There probably were quite a few issues before he showed that he had nothing to do with. I just feel that he made it worse, what with the artificial heartless and Vanitas and the unversed.

Of course he made it worse. But by the time he did do all of this, that initial goal of actually doing good had long been gone.

He did train alongside Eraqus, I know he couldn't have always been so corrupt.

I was actually referring more to how Light more or less corrupted Eraqus too, to the point where he was willing to kill his own pupil to defend it (yes, yes it wasn't easy for him, I know). But yeah, Eraqus was once like a brother to Xehanort.

But with how far he's willingly strayed from the path of good, he's certainly evil now, right? :3

Obviously. But it's not relevant to his original goal from way back when he was younger.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I surely hope it goes down without that. After all he has done I simply refuse to feel any pity for that bastard and if he does try to play the victim card I wish for the heroes just to say "shut up and disappear already, bane of our lives."

It'd actually be kind of weird to me if they didn't make Xehanort pitiable at the end in some sense, because Kingdom Hearts makes virtually everyone pitiable when they die, even if they're made of darkness (Vanitas) or unrepentant sadists (Larxene).

That'd be different from trying to make his actions seem understandable, though... he's way too far gone for that. All he can hope for is the kind of pity that one tends to feel for anyone who's scared or in pain, just because they're human (and Sora might not even give him that, considering how he reacted to Larxene fading away in front of him!).

I was actually referring more to how Light more or less corrupted Eraqus too, to the point where he was willing to kill his own pupil to defend it (yes, yes it wasn't easy for him, I know). But yeah, Eraqus was once like a brother to Xehanort.

To be fair, one could certainly argue that Eraqus choosing the safety of the world over the life of his student is a valid moral choice. Eraqus was blinded by the light, but I'm not sure I'd agree that he was corrupted by it so much as he's operating under a different, somewhat-samurai-like worldview that's not exactly inherent to being on the side of light.

Theart

Awards
To be fair, one could certainly argue that Eraqus choosing the safety of the world over the life of his student is a valid moral choice. Eraqus was blinded by the light, but I'm not sure I'd agree that he was corrupted by it so much as he's operating under a different, somewhat-samurai-like worldview that's not exactly inherent to being on the side of light.

True. But at the same time, I doubt anyone would really argue that Eraqus was at the very least a bit off in his viewpoint that Darkness needed to be destroyed no matter what. I mean hell, the Fairy Godmother told Aqua that that wasn't quite the right solution.

MasterZeR0

True. But at the same time, I doubt anyone would really argue that Eraqus was at the very least a bit off in his viewpoint that Darkness needed to be destroyed no matter what. I mean hell, the Fairy Godmother told Aqua that that wasn't quite the right solution.

Fairy Godmother should be a keyblade master

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

as much as we think it would suck, i can see it happening, but being played off welll to the point where we feel kinda bad for a minute or so and then focus back on sora & crew.

Samhain

Bronze Member
im assuming people keep watching happy hollywood endings where the villains go all nice and all that crap

i sure as hell hope that does NOT happen for the Xehanort saga. Xehanort is evil and will always be evil till the end. he is fked in the head and what he did all these years was inexcusable. he was even more crazy as MX than he was as Apprentice Xehanort.

JustSnilloc

The entirety of the Xehanort being a "Tragic-Hero" idea is silly... He's a bad guy, he has a few good intentions but in all honesty I don't see how anyone could justify him as any sort of "Hero" period

Eraqus is like Xehanort's opposite... while he does a lot of good, he has a few bad intentions but an overall good guy (both are corrupt though, in their own ways)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create the Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

Who can be sure how sincere or how much of a ruse that was though, if he was writing hypothetical situations on his research or if he had an ulterior motive by then?

The only sliver of empathy I could offer his character is due to Young Xehanort, once in a similar position as Riku, yearning to leave the "prison surrounded by water" that no doubt caused suffering on the inside. Even then we can't be sure what moral code he lived by, what dictated his becoming a Keyblade Master, or any other redeeming traits he may have had. We do know, that unlike redeemed Riku, he chose to continue down the path of destruction despite positive, order-keeping influences like Yen Sid and Eraqus. For that he deserves to be LOCKED (hohoho) up without parole.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
im assuming people keep watching happy hollywood endings where the villains go all nice and all that crap

i sure as hell hope that does NOT happen for the Xehanort saga. Xehanort is evil and will always be evil till the end. he is fked in the head and what he did all these years was inexcusable. he was even more crazy as MX than he was as Apprentice Xehanort.

The funny thing is, even Disney rarely goes that far in making things all sunshine and rainbows at the end. Both they and Squenix are much more interested in "good triumphs over evil through cleverness and/or superior firepower" than they are in redeeming the villains.

Honestly, though, Xehanort's so terrible that if he isn't killed outright, it'll feel like he got off too easily. Subverting the audience's desire for vengeance is one thing, but it would take bad fanfic levels of character breaking to turn Xehanort into a halfway-decent human being, and I doubt Nomura'd go for that, especially given his love for the darker and more painful sides of fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back