• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I guess a bit of a final exam. After some time from the end of the mentoring sessions, get the former students together and start a role play with the conditions that they create characters focusing on what their lessons entailed. They way they gain additional experience in a working setting with what they have learned.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Oh, perhaps I worded it wrong... What I meant is what would you like to see done in the Roleplaying section in general, not necessarily in just the Roleplaying Academy?

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
No, it was my fault. I reread the post and realized that I took the wrong angle.

Hmm... Holiday Slice-of-life RPs might be good. Start up a thread for people to list various holidays from their home and have vote to see which one would be done. Say like right now could either be St. Patrick's Day or Easter. Of course those are only two holidays that I know of. We could have others in the section from other parts of the globe that have holidays unique to their lands. It could serve as a bit of a learning experience while also having fun.

And this one is optional with the top part, but maybe have the people play themselves. It's one of the hardest things to do seeing as how you have to be critical about yourself instead of making someone up off the top of your head.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
My curiosity has been nagging me on this lately, so instead of continuing on thinking about it, I'm just going to go on and ask it. Since the Roleplaying Academy is now up and running, my question is: What would you, as the Roleplaying community, like to see done? Be it some sort of roleplay, contest, or whatever, let out all those little ideas hiding away in your minds.

Halloween Monster Madness, because I never got my final score. :(

The Parody RP Thing-gummy-wut

Contest where people must describe a judge-submitted picture in a thousand words, using only adjectives and maybe articles

More realistic fantasy, but still with sword+sorcery involved. Politics and backstabbing.

For people like me to stop being lazy sometimes

;~;

A futuristic RP with jezzing all over it

Sesame Street/Muppets dark-noir-gory-bloody-mature-themed RP because it's honestly something that seems different from everything else;

Some sort of silly RP that has alliteration throughout - a Pirate-themed RP?

KH: Eclipse Chapter Dos to keep chugging, followed by Chapter Tres when the time arrives

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
The Professor said:
Sesame Street/Muppets dark-noir-gory-bloody-mature-themed RP because it's honestly something that seems different from everything else;

This. If nothing else, just to see people go, "HUH?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

But maybe regular role plays where you play yourself. ...Just put into that situation. Kinda like the Slipstream RP that Zetsumi-sama made those years ago.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Halloween Monster Madness, because I never got my final score. :(

Six months before Monster Madness 2.0 comes about.

The Parody RP Thing-gummy-wit

You and me both. Go bug Jezza about it.

Contest where people must describe a judge-submitted picture in a thousand words, using only adjectives and maybe articles

Ooh, that sounds like it could be fun.

More realistic fantasy, but still with sword+sorcery involved. Politics and backstabbing.

Maybe I'll talk with Joey about something like this after R.E.M.

For people like me to stop being lazy sometimes

Sounds like a personal problem...

I actually talked to Joey a while back about making a grim Looney Tunes-based roleplay.

KH: Eclipse Chapter Dos to keep chugging, followed by Chapter Tres when the time arrives

That goes without saying.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Six months before Monster Madness 2.0 comes about.

My body has been ready for twelve months.

Also, what about some kind of Batman-based RP or even Avengers (because I totally know half the KHI population would go batshit crazy over it or 'Vengys)

Or a historical RP set in Imperial Rome ala Gladiator

On that same thread of mind, a pseudo-historical RP based around the American Revolution or something; in this, have each RPer create an original fictional character - each of whom represents a different State at the First/Second Continental Congress. They have to apply some research and knowledge into that time period, as well as delegate motives/State motives at the time, disunity and mis-communication, etc.

A Norse mythology RP

An RP about actors/directors/people working together to create a movie

D&D RP where you play a character in a Dungeons and Dragons group in a world. The creator of the RP is the DM, and sets the stage/controls some outcomes, while the party of RPers must work together to overcome the obstacles and dungeon crawls, while at the same time dealing with their moralistic/deity differences and etc.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
An RP about actors/directors/people working together to create a movie

Ha, what if they are making a murder mystery movie that becomes a reality as murders based on the movie begin occurring? I could see it placed in a 1930-40 era.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
At some point, I'd like to create a fairy tale, on the edge between roleplaying and collaborative fiction.

Many roleplays are trying to place a new twist on something old--which I admire, and have done myself.
It's fun to watch ancient ideas evolve into something new and interesting.

However, I'd like to see the product of archetypes played semi-straight, using age-old storytelling elements.

Suppose we created a simple fairy-tale plot, giving our characters the same simple roles of a Germanic fairy tale . . . while attempting to give them our usual level of depth? How is the maiden so pure? Why is the knight so loyal and steadfast? What motivates the man with the knapsack, the hat, and the horn?

Suppose, for a moment, that these events were true--and that time has diluted them into simple, linear stories. Can we reconstruct the full person from a simple fragment of their personality?

It might be ambitious, but I'd love to see a roleplay like this be illustrated. Interested artists could converse with individual writers, to illustrate their posts in advance. I'd even be willing to submit a few musical pieces, to make the experience as full and immersive as possible.

Does this sound good, or even coherent? Am I just spouting nonsense with this? Having revisited some favorite stories, movies, and games with this type of setting, I've become smitten with the beauty that can be found in simple things. Watch the prologue of Beauty & the Beast, without the narration; I'd like to create its roleplaying equivalent.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
So basically make an animated film?

Semi-jokes aside, I'd love to take part in something like that. Though I could only go in as a writer.

That's actually a good comparison, haha.
The only difference is that wickedness/violence would be just as prevalent as goodness.

The current state of the "Creative Corner" as a whole is fairly sluggish, which makes this project more of a fancy than a realistic proposal. On the other hand, this could be the project that breathes some life into those sections...

luna008

*walks into the tavern and puts a poster on the wall*

Looking for someone to collaberate on an Island RP with me!

Have not yet thought up a story for said rp but I want it to be like lost or the lost in blue series. If interested, please contact me!

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
This is it? Come on guys, let those ideas flow. What would you like to see done to improve the Roleplaying section?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
"Aye, Omni," Orion vocalises in agreement before raising a fresh pint of cider to his lips. After a deep swig he continues, voice rougher than usual, one of the ways several drinks began to mildly affect him: "No doubt we'd all like to see the place change for the better, but so long as we favour this old joint over any other, do you not supposed we alienate ourselves in some way?"

Orion noticed quickly enough he had drawn stares not just from his immediate company, but some from tables and stools not even involved in the discussion. Orion could grasp very well their reasoning and their confusion: The Roleplaying Tavern was a place where all could come - leaders, followers, newbies, oldies and anyone else. Surely, if there were any place in all of Roleplay Town where community leaders - regular creators of quality roleplays independent and collaboratively - could interact with the rest of the populace, it was here?

"Don't think me too far gone in terms of tonight's drinking!" Orion exclaimed for the whole bar to hear, "I know your puzzlement and what brings it about. I've thought long enough on the matter to know even a regular hang-out might not be good enough for the improvement or unification of Roleplay Town's disparate elements and people." Another swig, and Orion's cool pint was emptied, and he thus continued.

"At first, I'm sure some of the 'lesser'" at which point Orion gestured for double air-quotes, just to make it clear how absurd he thought such considerations to be, "members of town loved it when we moved in here. Surely they would then be regularly able to converse with us in this haunt of ours? The drink is good, the mood merry, and the company generally favourable - what could be more conducive to conversation?"

Orion took a few seconds to adjust himself in his padded chair, letting the others mull over this in various states of inebriation before he resumed: "I think, no matter how hard we try, so long as we want to sit about in one place and have members come to us, we will forever fail in our efforts to connect with them. By virtue of our simply frequenting this place, it becomes more and more a place exclusively ours, and is it not possible that our 'status'" again the air-quotes, "as older or 'better'" once more the gesture, "than the general populace -" at which point Orion leaned across the table to briefly confide in just those immediately around him "- and I hope I'm not being to presumptuous in thinking that perception of us is at least partially correct," he said before sitting back and recommencing with increased volume.

"But yes, could it not be at all possible that - however we stand in the community - by the simple fact that we always stand there, do we not then remove ourselves to a degree from the general membership of Roleplay Town? I do not propose this lovely tavern be closed down, or that we cease to visit us, merely that night-by-night we move about, jumping to a new venue each time. Those in some way afraid to consult with us are not helped by the fact that they need to enter a place that is essentially 'ours' before doing so, so why not bring our presence to them, than hope they come to us?"

"I speak of course not just in how we go about the town, but also in terms of how we roleplay or join others in discussion and application in various foyers." At this point, Orion stood up, bringing his empty pint-glass with him as he moved to the bar. He then left the following comment hanging in the air for all to hear and consider, as he had the glass refilled: "For the sake of ourselves and the town as a whole, even if the assumption might be wrong is it still not safe to assume such a position, if it motivates us to come to the members, rather than the members to us? For all the rest of you here, not directly involved in the discussion but nevertheless drawn in to it, I ask of any and all of you to offer your own opinions, to correct me wherever it is fit, and if you need some steeling before you do so, there's plenty of drink on tap to strengthen your resolve."

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I have a bit of an idea for a small contest and wanted the community's feedback on it.

The basis of the contest revolves around creativity and the building of a roleplay. Each person will be allowed to pick from a group of three random ideas, themes, or subjects (first come, first serve) and will have to build a plot based on them. The first round will be judged by judges and the second round (depending on the number of entrees) will be the 3-5 chosen by the judges, and, after another submission by the finalist, the community will vote on the winner.

Thoughts?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I have a bit of an idea for a small contest and wanted the community's feedback on it.

The basis of the contest revolves around creativity and the building of a roleplay. Each person will be allowed to pick from a group of three random ideas, themes, or subjects (first come, first serve) and will have to build a plot based on them. The first round will be judged by judges and the second round (depending on the number of entrees) will be the 3-5 chosen by the judges, and, after another submission by the finalist, the community will vote on the winner.

Thoughts?

A loaf of bread, a waffle, and a slice of bologna walk into a bar . . . . .

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
RP?

Yeah, I rp. On a daily basis, actually. Though people on some places don't like how I rp due to the abilities of my characters. Story-driven, maybe. But if you want any combat-style rp, I hope you're willing to accept my characters for who they are. Such said, this is my main character, Eriah Sylverstone...

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
I thought everyone got along with Superbia? ...But then he shreds them in a battle. Then it turns into a goal to beat him in combat one day.

...That's how it is for me anyways. But as long as your charas fit into the RP type noone should object.

Back