• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anything odd about your copy of KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku/Sora-Rule

alright so I started playing through the series again recently, and I'm up to KH2. Here's the thing, this isn't my first copy of the game. the first one I had, my friend was really careless with it and it just didn't work when I got it back. so I recently bought a new one and while playing through it, I noticed two things were different.

The first one is just wrong. Whenever I go into Wisdom Form, for some reason the sleeves have the Master Form X shapes instead of the blue flames like it should lol.

The second is with Gliding. I made sure to level it up all the way to see if that was the issue, but no I does it no matter what. In my first copy (I can only speak to that because I'm not 100% sure it is the same on all copies) when gliding, I could glide against the floor, hit a wall, and even go uphill and stay afloat. However in my new copy, if any of that happens I go back to running like in KH1.

Tell me about yours. remember weird occurrences, not like the glitches we all know about like the sinking Metal glitch in the Xemnas fight lol.

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com
Can't speak for Wisdom Form since I just never noticed, but I've never been able to do that with Glide in KH2, and I got it when it first came out (not the greatest hits or anything, which I don't know if they tweak at all). I've noticed that in Days I'm basically Peter Pan, but walls aren't my friends in KH2 for sure.

Other than that I haven't discovered any, apart from known glitches like the one in KH1's Destiny Islands at the End of the World that gets you to the top of the map.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Perhaps you have to level up Glide for it to stay. I remember seeing a video on fighting the LS and they had Glide.all the way up. They didn't stop when they touched the ground.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yeah you have to get it to the highest level or be in Final Form. I remember gliding around like crazy in the Sephiroth fight.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Which issues did/do you have they? With the the Wisdom Form thing I've heard of that problem before. There's the Black Label and the Greatest Hits/Platinum edition and I think the problem is exclusive to one of those releases but I'm not sure. I have the GH edition and I've haven't payed close enough attention to Wisdom Form to notice. I've never heard about the Glide thing.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Well, I had a major gltch of not going to TRON's world twice, and being able to go to Arabah after Twilight Town.
I loved hose glitches.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The Wisdom Form "glitch" has been known about for a long time:

[video=youtube;Z-XgDW01TQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-XgDW01TQI[/video]

As for the Glide error, I think the glitch is actually being able to glide forever. I have the original press for the game and I remember that there were times I could hit walls and hills and the like and would keep gliding, but for the most part once I did I would drop to the ground.

Youniquee

Awards
The only one I know, is that if you play KH2 on a backwards compatible PS3, you won't be able to save at the very end (when you've beaten Xemnas and stuff) which sucks.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I got my KH2 copy several years ago for free actually, from an old guy at a yard sale. He said it used to belong to a kid name Ben who didn't live there anymore, and he had no use for it whatsoever. For being a used copy it runs pretty smoothly, aside few minor hiccups here and there (some slightly messed up textures, freezes here and there). The disk is scratched up pretty moderately however so I suppose that could explain some things.

The oddest think probably is every now and then when I talk to an NPC they'll say a line out of place. Sometimes it's a line another character should say and sometimes it's a line they're supposed to say later, I'm not sure what causes it but it's odd nonetheless. I don't know though, sometimes, idk if it's just my imagination or what, it almost seems like the game's talking to me.

EDIT: Well I assumed at least one person on this thread would have read the BEN creepypasta...

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I got my KH2 copy several years ago for free actually, from an old guy at a yard sale. He said it used to belong to a kid name Ben who didn't live there anymore, and he had no use for it whatsoever. For being a used copy it runs pretty smoothly, aside few minor hiccups here and there (some slightly messed up textures, freezes here and there). The disk is scratched up pretty moderately however so I suppose that could explain some things.
Aww, I used to have a friend named Ben. He was the only person I knew who enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, but after he moved we more or less went our separate ways. It'd be pretty weird if you had picked up a copy he left at his old house for some reason (the coincidence factor would be on overdrive). x'D

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The only one I know, is that if you play KH2 on a backwards compatible PS3, you won't be able to save at the very end (when you've beaten Xemnas and stuff) which sucks.

I can't save at the end of my original copy on my PS2. I didn't think you could save after the credits.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
That would make more sense. The only time you can save is before the final fight. I had a glitch where I went into final form and the game froze for a while. It unfroze and I was normal sora. I have a feeling it was due to scratchs?

Youniquee

Awards
I can't save at the end of my original copy on my PS2. I didn't think you could save after the credits.

...but...if you couldn't save after credits, how are you meant to get the star near your save file? Unless KH2 didn't have that and it's just like that for the other games..O_O

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No, that's normal as well. If there's no saving at the summary screen (as there is in BBS), then no point for any controls. The only way to get out of that is a reset.

Same as it was in KH1 and also countless games before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back