• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you Live for?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muramasa

Exactly as the question is stated above.

What it is that each of you strive for in life? Before you grow old, weak, and died. What drives you on to live? What sense of purpose is their, that you wish to accomplish before its to late? To do the same routine each day. To set off in the world on your own two feet.

The answer itself can be anything. Even if you have no answer, I would at least like to hear your thoughts.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I like living, therefore I live. When people ask me this what I usually tell them is: "Would you rather be dead right now"?

It's not much more complicated than that.

Though I would like to transition into an independent, confident, secure person at some point in my lifetime. I guess that's something.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I live for my friends, because my friends are my power! :3

Though I would like to transition into an independent, confident, secure person at some point in my lifetime. I guess that's something.

Yeah, this is p. much my goal in life right now other than getting good at drawing. I love creating stuff on paper such as making my own characters, and the like. I suck at it now, but one day I hope to be on par with great artists like Jim Lee.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
To bring some goodness into the world, to do people right, to spread hope, to make people feel great about themselves, to inspire, change things, the usual idealist answers.

Knowing I have the potential to succeed and fulfill my dreams/desires and that I can aid people to see this potential in themselves is a very empowering idea, and no matter how small this potential, the fact that it exists drives me to excel.

Also, I want to help create a world my little sister can feel safe and content and etc. in so that's a good motivation too.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
I live for my family, because I know they need me. I live for my dreams and the life I hope to one day have, wife, kids, hopefully acting or directing for a living. I live because I know I can help do a lot of good on this planet, and that it needs all the help it can get. Not much of an answer, but it's what drives me on.

Muramasa

I do value my life but this question weighs on my mind occasionally. I haven't found my own answers yet, except that I want to live.

I don't know what it is that I seek, if it's accomplishment or a peace of mind.

I would like to think the latter but is it good enough? To not have a goal? To live without obtaining something? To let days go by and grow old without doing something at least once in your life? To take risks?

I see what becomes of people who don't take their lives directly into their own hands. They grow old and regret it. I guess that's why I really ask this.

If the answer itself is good enough to satisfied you then it is enough to live for. Hearing your reasons to live is inspiring. Perhaps even I will find my own answers.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
No one chose to come alive. We don't even remember coming into existence. Everything that caused us to be born was out of our control. And now that I'm living, I enjoy living. Right now, I'd rather be alive than dead. So, I will continue to try to stay alive.

I don't live for anything. Living came first. I'm alive, so I developed hopes/goals/dreams/beliefs/etc.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
KPop,KPop,KPop,KPop.
My inner fanboy for things like KH, Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games and Kpop refuse to let me even ponder death.

Oh and I guess my family/goals.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
Even though I live for my family, I stride to have a better life than those who made my life miserable.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I live for myself. I'm a selfish ass that believes that my family can take care of themselves and are responsible for themselves as well.

Muramasa

Your right Luap911, we were brought into this world wether we liked it or not. To say the least, thinking that your existence didn't start until your birth. It causes fear does it not? To think now that you exist, you only have a number of days, months, years to live. To make something of your life, before it ends. To value your life while you can.

It even seems unreal at times. To think we didn't exist and now we are. What do we tell ourselves? To keep moving forward and not look back. Live.

Even being brought into this world, we're not given a purpose. So we have to make one for ourselves and co-exist together peacefully among ourselves.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Even being brought into this world, we're not given a purpose. So we have to make one for ourselves and co-exist together peacefully among ourselves.

This is pretty much why I don't believe in an universal idea of what is the meaning of life. :v

Muramasa

I never quite understood that thread myself. I couldn't come up with an answer even if I tried, Wastewander.

Yet, finding a reason to exist is the hard part. Finding a sense of purpose, a reason to do the same routine everyday without question. Thinking only of tomorrow. Why do we do it? To survive but it isn't fulfilling or enough. Eventually one tends to grow tired of doing the same thing everyday. Regardless of what it is. So they seek out answers.

Why do the same thing everyday when all it comes down to nothing eventually? Sure you can accomplish something from it, like a job. But if that's all you do, your life goes by faster then you think. Making you turn old and gray. You miss out on things and wish you made your life more meaningful. No one wants to grow old. They want to live and find purpose. Knowing what it means to live.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Yet, finding a reason to exist is the hard part. Finding a sense of purpose, a reason to do the same routine everyday without question. Thinking only of tomorrow. Why do we do it? To survive but it isn't fulfilling or enough. Eventually one tends to grow tired of doing the same thing everyday. Regardless of what it is. So they seek out answers.

I think most people don't put much thought into it because they enjoy life by hanging out with friends, and family. Most people probably go through life and don't think about a reason to live. Things just come to them: inspiration, aspirations, friends.

Why do the same thing everyday when all it comes down to nothing eventually? Sure you can accomplish something from it, like a job. But if that's all you do, your life goes by faster then you think. Making you turn old and gray. You miss out on things and wish you made your life more meaningful. No one wants to grow old. They want to live and find purpose. Knowing what it means to live.

Like I said above. I don't think most people have to work for finding reason of living, or if they do they always have their loved ones to pick them up when they're down. But who knows, I'm pretty anti-social and probably not knowledgeable about how people are about this. :x

Last edited:

Muramasa

That's true, most people wouldn't. They have people surrounding them, things to do, and things to live for. So their wouldn't be a need to look for answers. If their happy then that's all that really matters to them. Enjoying life is all it takes for them. Doing things they love among other things. Pretty much everything you stated above me, really. Observation is enough to know that it is so, sure they have problems in their lives, but it doesn't stop them from living or pursing things. Like dreams.

Truthfully, I've been told to get a hobby because I think to much and do to little.

However I am content with the way things are. But I am curious to know if it is the same for everyone else. Living your life the way it is or striving for something more, more greater then it already is.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I agree with paolo for the most part. I'm living, and I intend to keep it that way.

I guess right now I strive to overcome my life's stressors in order to transition into a more peaceful part of my life. I want to make something of myself, more than anything, really. I want to see places, accomplish my professional goals, meet awesome people; you know, simple stuff. And I hope to learn a lot about myself along the way.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I like living because the alternative would be pretty boring.

But in all seriousness, not to criticise the original poster, but I find it a strange question to ask. Most people on this forum would be below 25 years of age, some much less than that. I find it difficult to imagine there'd be anyone on this forum who really, truly knew what they were living for aside from just living for the sake of it or because they like life.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i feel as i have a dept to repay to my brethren for what they've done for me
id rather die after that...guns blazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back