• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

Xion, Roxas, and Namine seemed to eventually accept not having an independent existence... but I guess a better fate awaits for them since they've been grouped with the tormented. The Riku Replica was totally robbed of everything though... and he had nothing to console him at the time of his demise except for the thought that at least he would no longer have to suffer with the reality that he was nothing more than a fake... That's a terrible fate...

Just because the Riku Replica wasn't mentioned in Re:coded, it doesn't mean he isn't suffering, nor does it mean that Sora and/or Riku can't relieve the possible suffering of the Riku Replica.

Which is understandable. Like I said, Riku Replica has received possibly the worst fate out of anyone in this series and probably does deserve to be given a life or something (despite the fact that he admitted he wouldn't be able to have one as long as Riku's around), but to tell me that the Riku in that trailer is him is where I'm scratching my head. I don't see any valid reason to assume its him besides the fact that we feel for him.

Key of Valor

The Professor

Relix said:
Which is understandable. Like I said, Riku Replica has received possibly the worst fate out of anyone in this series and probably does deserve to be given a life or something (despite the fact that he admitted he wouldn't be able to have one as long as Riku's around), but to tell me that the Riku in that trailer is him is where I'm scratching my head. I don't see any valid reason to assume its him besides the fact that we feel for him.

I guess it's a matter of opinion then. I personally don't think there is any valid reason for it to be Data Riku... even though I acknowledge that Data Riku is a possibility.

I still think the Riku Replica could be important for Riku's character development, especially since Riku hasn't completely put his shameful past behind him.

THE GAME

I really hope it's not Data-Riku, because if it is we can expect them to bring the rest of the data characters back, and then we would have even MORE pointless clones. I hope we never have to see any of that data crap again. I think it was unnecessary.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

I don't know if I can really debate people on this topic because I never finished playing Re:Coded, so while I know the basic gist of how that game went, I might get a few things wrong. Please feel free to correct me if that happens.

Looking at some of the arguments here, it does sound like Data!Riku makes more sense storywise, and unless Repliku just wanted to hide his identity from other characters, there's no reason for him to be in an Organization coat. Relix is right; given that there's two Riku clones that look exactly alike, fans would be more likely to recognize Repliku if they kept him in his dark armor from CoM, otherwise it has the potential to get really confusing.

BUT...does Data!Riku have any connection to the real Riku at all? I thought he was just a personified version of the data in Jiminy's journal that happens to look like Riku. He doesn't come from Riku's heart or anything and his whole purpose in the game was to guide Data Sora and Team Mickey through the journal. Sure, he might have access to some of Riku's memories...but they're Riku's memories. Why would he need Jiminy's Journal reminding him of how KH1 went down?

Personally, I hope it's Repliku. But I admit that it's more because I'm a big fan of his character than because I think he's got anything extremely valuable to add to the plot. He was just a very well-written character, and I think Key of Valor put it best:

Apparently Xion made the list of people who need to be freed from torment or whatever. If the series is going to bother with helping out one Replica, then the series might as well take the time to help out the only other Replica while it's traveling down irrelevant avenue for Xion's sake.

Xion, Roxas, and Namine seemed to eventually accept not having an independent existence... but I guess a better fate awaits for them since they've been grouped with the tormented. The Riku Replica was totally robbed of everything though... and he had nothing to console him at the time of his demise except for the thought that at least he would no longer have to suffer with the reality that he was nothing more than a fake... That's a terrible fate...

Just because the Riku Replica wasn't mentioned in Re:coded, it doesn't mean he isn't suffering, nor does it mean that Sora and/or Riku can't relieve the possible suffering of the Riku Replica.

THIS. This this this this THIS.

If the other tragic characters get to have their big redemption and happy ending and reappearances, why does Repliku have to get left out in the cold? Because he didn't have a really sad character theme that made everyone cry?

Axel reappearing makes sense, because if the popular Isa-Lea-were-Heartless-experiments is true, and we already know that Saix has strong connections to Xehanort, then Lea could have a very important role in the overall story. Besides, his return is apparently something that could happen to any Nobody that gets destroyed. And because the Big Bad of the series also happened to be a Heartless and Nobody, this is something that has implications all over the series. It is not something that only benefits or concerns Axel.

Namine reappearing also makes some sense, because apparently she's become Miss Exposition to Everything Important in This Series and it's possible she knows some important things about Ven. It's more of a stretch than some of the other characters, but not too much.

Vanitas reappearing makes absolute sense because he's the other half of Ven's heart and he's the only heart of pure darkness to appear in the series. If Xehanort wants his x-blade, he'll most likely want to get Vanitas back.

Roxas and Xion on the other hand...what can they do? What purpose do they serve in the grand scheme of the story? To be fair, I'm not Nomura, so maybe he has an answer to that, but right now the whole thing screams, "FANSERVICE!" to me. And fanservice can be a wonderful thing, but in this case, it contradicts what was established about Roxas and Xion's existences. I like Xion and I adore Roxas, but it really bugs me that they get to come back because everyone feels sorry for them, whereas Riku Replica, who received a very similar fate, gets nothing. His return makes just as much sense as Roxas' and Xion's would, so if they get to come back, then I think it's only fair that Repliku gets to come back too. Either don't bring them back at all and leave them to their brave and tragic fates, or let them all come back in one fell swoop, I say.

GO TEAM REPLIKU! (Where do I get that banner for my signature? :D)

JustSnilloc

Exactly. Repliku doesn't seem to fit anywhere honestly. He was apart of the replica project but he was imperfect enough to not receive a number did. He tried to attain his own existence by offing Zexion which failed, he fell to Riku's blade trying to attain some sort of existence anyway and died a tragic death. Does that merit him an appearance in the Realm of Sleep wearing different attire? Perhaps. But I don't see any evidence that suggests as much. Repliku is one of my favorite characters in this series but I'm just trying to make sense here.

This is what I'm pointing to... could both Riku Replica and Data Riku be in the RoS? Yeah, but it just makes more since from what we've seen for him to be in there... Yen Sid said if they return to the tower, from the realm of sleep he will consider them Keyblade Masters, so if it takes being a Keyblade Master to leave the RoS, then why would he send the Journal to a place from which it can never return? (given that a journal can't be a keyblade master)

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I've already said all I have to say(for the time being). Personally I believe it to be Data!Riku but if it turns out to Repliku I won't be disappointed in the slightest. Only time will tell really

WaveK89

I'm pushing for Repliku even though I find Data Riku more likely.

THE GAME

What if he turns out to be a NEW Riku clone, neither Repliku nor Data-Riku? I doubt it, but if that happened I think I would be done with this series.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

What if he turns out to be a NEW Riku clone, neither Repliku nor Data-Riku? I doubt it, but if that happened I think I would be done with this series.
Pfffft, yeah right! We've already got five Xehanorts, four Soras, three Rikus, and two Kairis. You should actually be glad it's another version of Riku compared to another Xehanort or Sora!

khnerdXIII

Just copy and paste it from someone's post to your signature. Glad to have another Repliku fan! I'm hoping it's him personally just because I prefer him as a personal choice. Data!Riku would be cool too though!

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Right here.....

nmrNK.png

Once again, I do not see why people believe Xion would be in the RoS.

For the last time, she didn't die. She returned to Sora. She has become a part of Sora so she shouldn't manifest in the RoS still being a part of him.
At least I believe so.

Her saving just entitles her to be remembered. Nothing more and nothing less, so she shouldn't be returning in a physical sense. Maybe a "spiritual" one, but she wouldn't stay for long either way.

Pfffft, yeah right! We've already got five Xehanorts, four Soras, three Rikus, and two Kairis. You should actually be glad it's another version of Riku compared to another Xehanort or Sora!

The whole cast pretty much multiplies like rabbits with each game.

And if you go by models rather than existences, there's a lot more Sora and Rikus.

Awards

Once again, I do not see why people believe Xion would be in the RoS.
th_tumblr_lkt5qe5wmr1qdgihc.gif
Sorry, just a personal thing. I know I'm probably wrong, anyway.

For the last time, she didn't die. She returned to Sora. She has become a part of Sora so she shouldn't manifest in the RoS still being a part of him.
At least I believe so.
I acknowledged that there's little chance of it. I've noted how she's in Sora and that she probably wouldn't appear outside of him, and that it'd be unlikely for her to take Riku's form. It's probably Data Riku.

I think it could be Xion because the memories are "asleep", as Namine put it. She took Riku's form in Snarl of Memories, which may or may not say much. Probably doesn't. But if she is somehow there, she's got a "clean slate", by which I mean no memories to form herself. She only got the black-haired Kairi form after getting a few memories from Roxas, so if Riku's the first she gets memories from, it kind of makes sense. But that's really a stretch, I'll admit it.

Also, I'm wondering something... why is it so impossible that Repliku might be in something besides the darkness suit? He was original in Riku's regular outfit. He didn't get a uniform because he looked more like Riku without it, and no one planned for him to do any traveling or become a member. Still, I agree that it's unlikely that he'd randomly find one of those.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Like I've pointed out in another thread, I don't remember which: the Realm of Sleep seems to also manifest 'dream versions' of individuals. The Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are not the same MDG that Sora and Riku are familiar with but are 'dream counterparts' similar to Timeless River having a past counterpart of Mickey. And we know that Pinocchio, Jimminy, and Geppetto are fine in the Realm of Light and yet they appear in the Realm of Sleep as well. Now if the Realm of Sleep is capable of producing 'dream counterparts' it may be possible to produce a 'dream' Xion/Roxas (people who didn't necessarily die). Which is all just speculation on my part but that's a way for them to bring said characters to light.

Crazy Mario

Like I've pointed out in another thread, I don't remember which: the Realm of Sleep seems to also manifest 'dream versions' of individuals. The Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are not the same MDG that Sora and Riku are familiar with but are 'dream counterparts' similar to Timeless River having a past counterpart of Mickey. And we know that Pinocchio, Jimminy, and Geppetto are fine in the Realm of Light and yet they appear in the Realm of Sleep as well. Now if the Realm of Sleep is capable of producing 'dream counterparts' it may be possible to produce a 'dream' Xion/Roxas (people who didn't necessarily die). Which is all just speculation on my part but that's a way for them to bring said characters to light.
No, Pinocchio and co. are not fine in the Realm of Light, in fact they aren't there at all. When Sora defeated Ansem and saved the worlds in KH1, some had gates that even the darkness couldn't reach, which left them in a state of sleep. This is how La Cite des Cloches and Prankster's Paradise are in the Realm of Sleep. However, in the Realm of Sleep we are traveling through each world's dreams, not the worlds themselves. So the characters and events we see have previously happened prior to KH1, which is why we see Jiminy there and Pinocchio is reverted back to a puppet. But I agree with the rest you said.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

No, Pinocchio and co. are not fine in the Realm of Light, in fact they aren't there at all. When Sora defeated Ansem and saved the worlds in KH1, some had gates that even the darkness couldn't reach, which left them in a state of sleep. This is how La Cite des Cloches and Prankster's Paradise are in the Realm of Sleep. However, in the Realm of Sleep we are traveling through each world's dreams, not the worlds themselves. So the characters and events we see have previously happened prior to KH1, which is why we see Jiminy there and Pinocchio is reverted back to a puppet. But I agree with the rest you said.

Didn't Pinocchio become a real human boy in the end of KH1? I'm pretty sure that was in the ending credits...so...he was transported out of the the Realm of Light, you're telling me?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Lol. That was a theory, it's only speculation. The truth is that no one knows that's what happened for sure so don't throw it around like it's fact.

Crazy Mario

Didn't Pinocchio become a real human boy in the end of KH1? I'm pretty sure that was in the ending credits...so...he was transported out of the the Realm of Light, you're telling me?
Okay, let me explain this step by step. Pinocchio's world was taken by darkness and Pinocchio and co. survived. After the events of Monstro, they all lived in Traverse Town until the worlds came back. While SDG were fighting Ansem, Pinocchio turned into a real boy. Then, when the worlds were restored with some of them falling to sleep due to their far gates, Pinocchio's world was one of them. They did return to it, but in the Realm of Sleep. Since we are traveling through the world's dreams and not the world ITSELF, it imagines it's events and citizens before it was plunged by darkness, which is why Pinocchio is a puppet and Jiminy is there, but can't remember Sora and Riku. All of this was confirmed by Nomura in an interview and Yen Sid explained this process in the Jump Festa trailer.

Ronove

COME ON TEAM DATA RIKU!

SHOW THAT FAKER THE POWER OF THE MATRIX!

Crazy Mario

COME ON TEAM DATA RIKU!

SHOW THAT FAKER THE POWER OF THE MATRIX!
0's and 1's versus Cells. Technology versus Genetics. Digital Copy versus Organic Clone. Program versus User. Data Riku versus Riku Replica, THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back