• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

Why does he have to be wering the jump suit? It seems liek anybody and ther mother can pull out and organzation jacket from thin air mickey, moogles, real riku, who later has to get a larger one.

Everyone who received a suit had a reason to have them. Being apart of the organization(Axel, Xigbar, etc.), getting it from DiZ(Riku and Mickey), being the original wearer(MX), or being created with it on (Data!Riku which in all honesty was just a way to conceal his identity for awhile). Repliku receiving one when he originally didn't have one, I mean...why? Data!Riku already having a suit to begin with is hard to wrap around or is it just not as "thrilling"? Its not like I've chosen a team of my own in this but watching from the fence that I'm on, I'm seeing reason for it being Data!Riku and I'm seeing scenarios concoctions for it being Repliku. Like Repliku being there because Riku feels guilty about what he did to Pinocchio? Repliku cares about Riku's past actions?

If anything Repliku accepted the fact that he would never be nothing more than a copy. Accepted. Not realized. Accepted, at his death. Accepted that Riku beat him and was left wondering where he would go. If Repliku had been addressed at all in Re:Coded, Days, or BBS I would consider him more seriously (if you think the jabs that the Organization took at him in Days counts then okay). Who knows? Riku told Repliku that his heart would go where Riku's heart would. Does that mean the Realm of Sleep? That's a big leap to take. Like I said, I haven't exactly picked a team but I'm just looking at the logic being put on the table

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

The Riku there didn't seem pissed though. He seemed like he was there on official business. I got that from his facial expression, don't ask how.
Doesn't Riku Replica have a normal/serious face on whenever he appears, but then goes bonking crazy and yells at Sora whenever he'd even see the guy breathe. Still, it'd make sense if it was Data-Riku since he would have the urgent business to finally find and tell him about the Tormented or Replica if he's taken some Zoloft and come to terms with the fact that he just wants him gone or even try to help him if he actually accepts being a Replica.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

The Riku there didn't seem pissed though. He seemed like he was there on official business. I got that from his facial expression, don't ask how.

you know which charater is gonna pissed though when they meet though right... even and lea. haha that will be a great scene

Awards

Um... I'm honestly neutral to both teams, myself.

I don't think it's Data Riku because, I know it's been mentioned that he could pass on information, but I sincerely wonder what that information would be. Data Naminé explained who the tormented were to Data Sora and [Real] Mickey. Why Mickey chose not to mention any of the by name in his letter is beyond me, but he still could pass on the information. Or, if it really is necessary to explain how he felt as well, Data Sora might be better for the job.

But Data Riku has information of the original, non-bugged journal, as well as the journey Data-Sora went through to clear the bugs. He gave Data Sora a few pointers, but what information does he have that might be of use? Really, this is an honest question.

I'm also not sure how Data would find its way out, since in the game, everything else was pulled in. Then again, they had no reason to leave at that time, and if the ones who entered would go to and from the Data world, then it may be possible for Data people to travel to and from the Real/Sleeping world.

As for Repliku, I don't think he'll be returning. He served his purpose as an introduction to the Replica program, an obstacle for Sora and Riku, etc. He has no information to pass on, and I don't see why he would be alive. He faded to darkness, or maybe to where Riku's heart will go. Maybe to Riku's heart, I don't know, myself. But I don't see how he'd return, seeing how he was broken like that.

Then again, could be either. If Repliku did form a heart(not sure if he did or not. :/), then it had to go somewhere. Might be a heartless that was turned back. Probably not.

I probably already seem... uninformed, so I might as well say that I'm hoping its Xion, despite how she's easily brushed aside.

My reasoning is:
*there is a good chance she'll return,
*she could take Riku's form if enough memories went to her(I realize that it makes little sense for her to have his memories right now),
*she was younger Sora, so she would probably be younger, rather than older, Riku,
*she has an organization coat, and was only seen in another outfit to specify the character in case of confusion
*she has something to add, that being the third part of a trio(I realize it means little)

Problem is, she's one of the tormented, so they'd probably have to work at getting her back, if they do get her back. Axel was mentioned as tormented, too, but he had a body and heart freed and ready to go, and no reason to be held back from that. Even if replicas can grow hearts(kinda doubtful myself, but she was pretty emotional back there), then that doesn't give her a body to fall back on, and she had no heartless. Plus, she's currently stuck in Sora. Unless she's somehow in the dream realm, "sleeping".

So... no team for me, currently, I think Data-Riku has the most basis, but if I were to choose a team, I'd be by myself as team Xion. :redface:

I also entertain the possibility that it's some dream version, but find it highly unlikely.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Um... I'm honestly neutral to both teams, myself.

I don't think it's Data Riku because, I know it's been mentioned that he could pass on information, but I sincerely wonder what that information would be. Data Naminé explained who the tormented were to Data Sora and [Real] Mickey. Why Mickey chose not to mention any of the by name in his letter is beyond me, but he still could pass on the information. Or, if it really is necessary to explain how he felt as well, Data Sora might be better for the job.
The whole section of Castle Oblivion was recorded in the heart of the Journal, in the heart of Data-Riku. Everything that happened there, Data-Riku knows. He knows the information that Data-Namine said, so he is perfectly capable of relaying the information to Riku.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Alright, now that I'm well enough rested I will take a crack at this and briefly explain why I believe it may be Repliku, with a few points I'd like to address.

First and foremost, I think that Riku has nothing to gain from it being Data!Riku. This is all based on what he says when Sora and he are told they will take a MoM.

"Having walked the path of darkness, I wonder if it'd really be right for me to wield the Keyblade. You'd have to make sure."

So this makes me believe that within Riku's MoM, he will face trials that will help him overcome his doubt in himself. And one way to do this, would be to face his demons.

From La Cite Des Cloches, based on his scene with Quasi where he gives his speech about his heart, Riku's lesson from that world would be.....
-You can't judge by appearances, it's the nature of the person's heart that matters.
And he says that Sora is the one who taught him this, but he actually learns the truth in this statement from being with Quasi.
Everyone saw Quasi as a monster, even though he was a "gentle giant" in a sense. He was and is a kind hearted man.
Quasi and Riku are one in the same, in this category. Riku had walked the path of darkness, so that branded him as a being of the dark, but no matter what, Sora still saw the light within him.

In this world, we see that Riku will encounter Ansem SoD. Riku had taken on the appearance of him, which makes the statement more literal rather than philosophical.
Ansem SoD had stained Riku's heart with his mark, but still Sora saw past that and saw Riku for the Riku that he knew.

The fact that Riku meets Ansem SoD adds into him facing his demons. He represents a past better left forgotten for Riku. He played a large role in Riku's development, and in every single game that Riku has been in (Data!Riku does not count as "real" Riku, which is whom I am speaking of).

Now onto Monstro.
This is where Riku began to establish himself as an enemy of Sora, with Sora knowing it.
(I say Agrabah was more so the beginning, but Sora did not know Riku took Jasmine)
In this world would have to be Riku. He is his own demon, and probably the one he would fear the most.
Repliku being the "other Riku" would make sense in this.
He embodied the darkness, as Ansem SoD said in CoM "He's a better you" (Or something).
And Riku still wants to rid the darkness from himself. Anything that would oppose that would be threatening/frightening to Riku.

He submitted in KH1, battled the darkness in CoM, and later accepted being a person of the dark to save his friends (Days+KH2).
3D seems to be his road to redemption. His final one at least. And it is to see if he really is worthy of the Keyblade. His past "redemptions" were to battle the darkness.
The theme of the game is "trust", and Riku still has yet to learn to trust himself.

For it being Repliku, I go back to my reasoning before.
He was accepting of death, but if he returns and in the RoS, he'd be furious to be living. (In a sense)
But soon he would accept it, since he wouldn't be compared to Riku anymore.
Now, if he saw Riku again, he would return to being mad, since once again he'd compete with Riku.

Repliku represents what Riku could be, had he embraced the darkness as he should, rather than fighting it.
He is one of Riku's demons.

In KH1, Riku was the villain of Monstro. So it makes sense for him to be spending his time in that world.
And what better villain would be for Riku than Riku himself. Riku himself is his ultimate demon, and Repliku is the only person of which Riku knows of that represented his dark half.
My reasoning for it being Repliku is believing that he will play the villain of Monstro.

I see that some say that he has a calm expression on his face, so that could add as a possibility of not being Repliku, if the only evidence for it being him would be that he is mad at Riku.
But really, one would need some dialogue.
Repliku spoke in an arrogant manner and would blow up after awhile, and Data!Riku spoke more omniscient and calm (He held all the knowledge of the journal of course).

And then there's talk of the Org. Coat. Most likely it is meant to conceal his identity until the scene in which Riku confronts him and the hood is removed.
Other than being to protect from the darkness, the reason why the characters wear them, the coats are meant to hid identity, the design of them.

Had Sora seen this Riku, then I would be more influenced into the thought of it being Data!Riku.
I just don't see it happening, Sora would be more of a potential candidate to meet Data!Riku than Riku himself IMHO.
Solely because it's Sora who's supposed to save everyone, and Data!Riku's knowledge of what happened in the datascape would help Sora more than it would help Riku.

Take it apart, do what you will. I just wanted to add onto what I said before. Need I add more (Which I probably will in the future, when more is revealed) then I will.

SIDE NOTE/EDIT:::::

Some say it possible to be Xion. I do not believe so. From Days when she died, she said she returned to Sora.
So no "form" of her should be apparent in the RoS, had she returned to Sora.

khnerdXIII

Haha, so your username is program I take it. ;)
Not even took time to get up an avatar and signature and also to quote properly...*ggg*.

Maybe you should pay more attention though and also not be so hasty...^__^

My friend, being condescending won't further the conversation.

Friends, friends, I can't thank you enough. I didn't think this would spark so much controversy and thought. It'll take me forever to read all these comments. I'm glad we can all come here to contemplate these things!

JustSnilloc

Alright, just read the whole topic O_O anyways... I have to side with Team Riku Replica, it only makes since as anything else is a stretch... Since Nomura said that there is no death in KH only sleep, Death = Sleep, and Realm of Sleep = Realm of Death = Where things go after they "Die" = Afterlife = Residents living there because they have passed on into it......

Riku Replica "dies" in CoM therefore he would be in the RoS, why is he wearing a black coat like Data Riku? Well, if you've played CoM then you know that Riku Replica uses darkness A LOT, therefore if he had any desire to keep his heart he would pick up one of those coats, right?

I keep reading arguments about he's there because blah blah blah... but we have no idea why he is there or what his motives are, so it's too early to say who his is based off of why he's there, all he does is take of a hood for goodness sake, if you guys can tell what his motives are based off of that, then kudos to you

But I'm on side Riku Replica based on current evidence

Awards

The whole section of Castle Oblivion was recorded in the heart of the Journal, in the heart of Data-Riku. Everything that happened there, Data-Riku knows. He knows the information that Data-Namine said, so he is perfectly capable of relaying the information to Riku.
Oh, I see. Thank you. ^^

Still, I don't see why Data Riku would pass it on, rather than Mickey, who has an established relationship with Riku. Unless it has to do with literal facing himself or if Data-Riku's feelings come into play as well. I don't see what the latter would add, and the former could still be either...

khnerdXIII

Wow, Chase and Ethy, what you did was just overkill... and I love it! I'm really curious to see what will happen when Sora and Riku meet the characters from the past trio of games seeing as how they've got a really serious and recent conversation. I could definitely see Data Sora and Data Riku now after the theories we've posted countless times in this thread, Ventus appearing because of his body in a coma and "sleeping, Terra probably because so many Xehanort incarnations have been seen in the Realm of Sleep and Nomura actually hinted about a connection between him and Riku similar to Ventus and Sora, Xion because of being forgotten, and Roxas and Namine due to being fused to their Somebodies an now sleeping or something that makes them go to the Realm of Sleep.

Phew, when Nomura said this game would tie in with previous titles, he wasn't kidding! I'm just glad to see the possibility of Coded getting larger relevance after so many fans and even gamesites like IGNorant just addressed it as a spin-off.
200px-Riku_Journal.png
239px-Data-Sora_KHREC.png

Data-Riku and Data-Sora FTW!!!

I agree. i was appalled at the way sites and most people treated one of our beloved entries. KH is KH, always!

Whew, I have officially given up reading all the previous comments. i'll just keep up to date on the new ones now. *Breathing heavily*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

My friend, being condescending won't further the conversation.
He was just saying that you need not rush your posts, take your time when writing them.

Alright, just read the whole topic O_O anyways... I have to side with Team Riku Replica, it only makes since as anything else is a stretch... Since Nomura said that there is no death in KH only sleep, Death = Sleep, and Realm of Sleep = Realm of Death = Where things go after they "Die" = Afterlife = Residents living there because they have passed on into it.....
You have made me baffled. Kudos o_O

Oh, I see. Thank you. ^^

Still, I don't see why Data Riku would pass it on, rather than Mickey, who has an established relationship with Riku. Unless it has to do with literal facing himself or if Data-Riku's feelings come into play as well. I don't see what the latter would add, and the former could still be either...
Well, Mickey believes he's done his part with the crappy letter. He told Data-Sora and Data-Namine he would pass on the information and he didn't. He just wrote about some crap. Someone still needs to tell the real Sora and Riku about what needs to happen.

Whew, I have officially given up reading all the previous comments. i'll just keep up to date on the new ones now. *Breathing heavily*
Don't double post man. Just click "Edit post" instead of doubling up.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

He was just saying that you need not rush your posts, take your time when writing them.

You have made me baffled. Kudos o_O

Well, Mickey believes he's done his part with the crappy letter. He told Data-Sora and Data-Namine he would pass on the information and he didn't. He just wrote about some crap. Someone still needs to tell the real Sora and Riku about what needs to happen.

Don't double post man. Just click "Edit post" instead of doubling up.
Why would they need Data-Riku instead of Mickey for that?
Because this is Kingdom Hearts, the land of characters with vague explanation, backstory, and support with a producer who thinks a complicated storyline is the key to success. Has the series not taught you that Mickey and Yen Sid would be so stupid to the point that they expect Sora and Riku to just go into the Realm of Sleep with no information, in which they will accept the task with no hesitation. All they're probably gonna talk about is some vague summarization on their prediction about Master Xehaort's plans and send them to complete the Mark of Mastery.
Hey look, I predicted the whole opening of DDD! :D

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Repliku getting a black coat from himself to protect himself from the darkness... something that he had already accepted and wrapped himself in leaving the use of the coat redundant honestly, is a serious stretch when Data!Riku is already established in the series to be wearing one. That's the physical evidence brought upon from the trailer itself. People say there was no dialogue in the trailer, well without the dialogue we are left with a KH1-Riku wearing an organization coat, so going on that little piece of evidence alone Data!Riku wins that argument because saying Repliku attained one is speculation where as Data!Riku having one already is fact.

Now the argument of Riku's demons: If anyone were to throw doubt and conflict at Riku it should be someone like Ansem SoD, seeing how they used this plot device already in Chain of Memories. Ansem the Wise used the Xehanort's Heartless persona to test Riku, and Xehanort's Heartless himself confronted Riku with delicate words that 'tested' Riku. Repliku WAS a form of haunting ghost/physical embodiment of Riku's fears but that was all cast aside in Twilight Town with Repliku even admitting himself that there was something different about Riku and that he was not afraid of the darkness anymore. Repliku served his purpose in the 'facing his demons.'

What possible information/advantage/advice would Repliku offer Riku? Anything we would think of would be pure speculation. At least with Data!Riku we already have a clue of him knowing things that Riku doesn't know.

I keep seeing 'going from the current evidence' in Repliku's argument. Well...going from the current evidence, even the trailer itself, the physical evidence points to Data!Riku. Everything else we think of for both sides would be speculation but anything having to do with Repliku would be a huge stretch because there is nothing putting him there save for the whole 'a heart goes to the realm of sleep' thing. Hell, someone could say that if Yen Sid and Mickey can drop Riku and Sora in the RoS what's to stop them from placing the Journal (that's in their possession) in the RoS? They've sought help from Data!Riku before in strange 'realms' why not now?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

oh yeah...Riku #1 and #3 are definitely one and the same. Forget about Riku #2's attire...its definitely the one with the jumpsuit and skirt. All jokes aside though...

Is there enough evidence to give these speculations the benefit of the doubt? Are we just blinded by our love for one of the most tragic yet great characters that KH had to offer? Is doubting certain things really reasonable? After answering these questions myself I've pretty much decided and concluded that I'm on team Data!Riku. Its the only choice that makes any reasonable factual sense with what we've got. If more evidence shows up and proves us otherwise well alright then.

Awards

I'm hoping Mickey says more in person, since he know most of the tormented. Mickey knows Aqua, Ventus, and Terra, after all, and neither Data Riku nor Data Sora do, so he'll have to explain their situations. Or Yen Sid could.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I'm hoping Mickey says more in person, since he know most of the tormented. Mickey knows Aqua, Ventus, and Terra, after all, and neither Data Riku nor Data Sora do, so he'll have to explain their situations. Or Yen Sid could.

He doesnt know terra, they never met, because if he had then hw would have recognize xheanort early and been able to stop alot of the actions
[video=youtube;Fdo7Y6WF2Dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdo7Y6WF2Dw[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The way Data-Namine explained it to Data-Sora (You've met two of them, and you share a special connection with the third) makes it seem like Data-Sora/Data-Riku will explain that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back