• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
MxzS9.png

Looks like LCDC for sure. Almost like the Christmas Town Keychain.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
1) Sora @5:36: "This is the place that Yen Sid was talking about...a world inside a dream you can't wake up from...and if you don't wake up, you can't return to your original world."

Given the serious lack of Aqua, I'm going to take a guess and say that Sora will be finding Aqua via the world he lands in at this point in the trailer.
Aqua is not going to be in Prankster's Paradise.

And Sora's monologue there will no doubt be later in the game, since he isn't moving his mouth to the words.

localorange

Aqua is not going to be in Prankster's Paradise.

And Sora's monologue there will no doubt be later in the game, since he isn't moving his mouth to the words.

I wasn't referring to Prankster's Paradise. Was I looking at the place Sora landed in at 5:36 wrong? It looked like he landed in a place very similar to the RoD shores.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
There's an extra scene in KH2 when Sora and Riku are stranded up on that building where Kingdom Hearts were after Roxas and Namine merged. Sora comments that he never thanked Namine.

That's what I thought, but I was never positive. Mainly because it's never really come up in so many words. I mean, technically, Sora can be saying that in FM without having remembered her. The Journal told him to thank Naminé, and Kairi had identified her for him.

But, yeah, I do believe he remembered her (Nomura said it in an interview even); I just wish it was explained better. So many fans, that don't keep up with the news, don't realize he remembered her in KH2.

It doesn't help that you don't realize that unless you read the Nomura interviews or have played FM. It also doesn't help that in the regular KH2 he seemed to have no clue who Naminé was at the end.

Also, do you know if Data Sora's memories transferred to the real Sora? Something Data Naminé said at the end of Re: Coded seemed to hint at that, but I know a lot of fans argue about that. They think Nami just meant Mickey would tell the real Sora or something. If you're curious, I can give you the quote I'm talking about the next time I'm on. But now I should be going to bed.

See you all in the morning. At least for me.

-Shan

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's what I thought, but I was never positive. Mainly because it's never really come up in so many words. I mean, technically, Sora can be saying that in FM without having remembered her. The Journal told him to thank Naminé, and Kairi had identified her for him.

But, yeah, I do believe he remembered her (Nomura said it in an interview even); I just wish it was explained better. So many fans, that don't keep up with the news, don't realize he remembered her in KH2.

It doesn't help that you don't realize that unless you read the Nomura interviews or have played FM. It also doesn't help that in the regular KH2 he seemed to have no clue who Naminé was at the end.
Well, if you wanted to watch it.

[video=youtube;gbAb7_zZLrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAb7_zZLrQ[/video]

Sora: I didn't say it.
Riku: Huh?
Sora: I didn't say thank you to Namine. I never did think it would be easy to say unless everything was set right again.
Riku: Let's finish this... You'll meet her again, anytime you want.
Sora: Yeah.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Well, if you wanted to watch it.

[video=youtube;gbAb7_zZLrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAb7_zZLrQ[/video]

Sora: I didn't say it.
Riku: Huh?
Sora: I didn't say thank you to Namine. I never did think it would be easy to say unless everything was set right again.
Riku: Let's finish this... You'll meet her again, anytime you want.

Sora: Yeah.

Oh, thanks. I've actually seen that scene before, but it's always nice to see it again. I do think he remembered Naminé. This scene really shows that, but I can't help feeling a lot of people won't take it that way. Maybe I'm wrong, but thanks for posting the vid:)

Also, I edited my last post with another question. If you're interested in reading it, and know the answer, I'd love it if you'd tell me. I really don't know. LOL.

Anyway, for now I'm signing off. It's rather late where I'm at, and I have a job interview (as well as a lot of other things to do) tomorrow.

'Night.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know, it's too quick to tell. I slowed it down a lot and I still couldn't see anything special other than a few odd shapes.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Considering how the Lea/Pete/Maleficent/Mickey and co scene and the Lea/Ienzo/Aeleus scene must be taking place out of the RoS... how often will we visit outside the realm? And will we play outside the realm or will it be just cutscenes?

Also, I'm behind Sora staying in the RoS... because Vanitas takes him over (JUST my theory)

But I'm honestly wondering what Vanitas has to do with young unknown Xehanort. (I'm not sure if it's Master or what. He just looks too young which is making it REALLY creepy)

bgizzles45

Considering how the Lea/Pete/Maleficent/Mickey and co scene and the Lea/Ienzo/Aeleus scene must be taking place out of the RoS... how often will we visit outside the realm? And will we play outside the realm or will it be just cutscenes?

Also, I'm behind Sora staying in the RoS... because Vanitas takes him over (JUST my theory)

But I'm honestly wondering what Vanitas has to do with young unknown Xehanort. (I'm not sure if it's Master or what. He just looks too young which is making it REALLY creepy)

What do you mean what Vanitas has to do with Xehanort? Xehanort created him from Ven, so it's only right for Vanitas to stay loyal to his creator.

Although I believe Vanitas will be in Riku's story and Xehanort will be in Sora's story.

This is gonna be one hell of a game. I wonder who's gonna be the final boss? You have Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Xehanort, Vanitas and possibly Mysterious Figure (if he isn't any one of them).

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Except Vanitas HATED MX and blatantly went against him a few times. (Such as trying to kill Ven too early and setting Aqua up as a backup) MX may have created Vanitas, but Vanitas doesn't have to like him.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No, Vanitas is in Sora's story for sure.

It's to Sora that they're both talking to.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What do you mean what Vanitas has to do with Xehanort? Xehanort created him from Ven, so it's only right for Vanitas to stay loyal to his creator.

Although I believe Vanitas will be in Riku's story and Xehanort will be in Sora's story.

This is gonna be one hell of a game. I wonder who's gonna be the final boss? You have Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Xehanort, Vanitas and possibly Mysterious Figure (if he isn't any one of them).

Thing is, Vanitas was not wholly loyal to his "creator". In the games he defied his orders multiple times, and in fact, in the BBS novels, Vanitas hates MX because of the fact he created him.

bgizzles45

Except Vanitas HATED MX and blatantly went against him a few times. (Such as trying to kill Ven too early and setting Aqua up as a backup) MX may have created Vanitas, but Vanitas doesn't have to like him.

Vanitas HATED Master Xehanort? Since when? Refresh my memory.

No, Vanitas is in Sora's story for sure.

It's to Sora that they're both talking to.

Oh yeah, and I forgot the scene where Xehanort reveals himself to Riku as well.

I think they made Xehanort young in this game because if he was older, then he would look too much like Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Thing is, Vanitas was not wholly loyal to his "creator". In the games he defied his orders multiple times, and in fact, in the BBS novels, Vanitas hates MX because of the fact he created him.

Are the BBS novels canon? Where can I read the novel?

EpicCh33se

Awards
Hmmm... people all over the internet are saying this game is a spin off. :\
Huh, oh well.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That's why you stop giving a damn about what they think and stick with what you know and believe: that this game is on-par with any main title and is essentially KH2.5/KH3 Part 1.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

they said the same about BBS and all the other non-numbered titles. people all over the internet are stupid. I'm really bored of reading a commnet in every goddamn KH story like "I want KH3".. I'm pretty sure a lot of people won't like KH3 because of their stupidity of not bothering with the rest of the games. I think that every game in the series has been good and important to the overall storyline. Sure, coded, CoM and 358/2 Days were "smaller" in scale but try playing KH2 without having played CoM (that's what I did). You'll be like.. "WTF????? where's sora, why is he asleep, what did I miss?"

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Is whats in the novels all canon?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So long as it doesn't contradict anything from the games. The games are first tier canon, but new information presented in the novels that is not acknowledged in the games is considered second tier canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back