• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So what was the reason behind Sora and Riku having the Oathkeeper and Oblivion on them respectively when fighting Xemnas? My first thought was it was symbolic for Roxas and maybe Xion, but I'm not entirely sure about the latter.
I honestly don't know, but seeing it made me wish it could have happened in the actual KH2. I suppose there are always mods, but I've yet to come across any videos showing it.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
in that case, the pages are from jiminy's journal, since the story of kingdom hearts in inside of them.

That makes so much senses. The opening here is reviewing thae main story from previous main games and Jimny chronicled it all. Mabey thats why we did not see aqua and ventus, jimny never met them or included them in his journal.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
That makes so much senses. The opening here is reviewing thae main story from previous main games and Jimny chronicled it all. Mabey thats why we did not see aqua and ventus, jimny never met them or included them in his journal.

that's exactly what I was thinking :)
Since Jiminy wasn't in bbs, there are no records of TAV in the journals

bigbadcloud

what about Xion ? and MX was was not around them yet they are shown lol and yet it is shown that micky leaping up at MX with the KINGDOM KEY D and riku and sora in the keyblade grave yard

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The pages are either from Jiminy's Journal since i'm assuming the pop up book is meant to represent the journal, or the pages are in fact Namine's drawings since the pages are falling down Castle Oblivion's stair case and that part seems to represent Chain of Memories.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
What weapon will young master xheanort use. Would he have his keyblade, or mabeey two blue colored light sabers???

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
The pages are either from Jiminy's Journal since i'm assuming the pop up book is meant to represent the journal, or the pages are in fact Namine's drawings since the pages are falling down Castle Oblivion's stair case and that part seems to represent Chain of Memories.

... Or perhaps Roxas' journal/diary? Not so sure as my memory of days is kinda fuzzy. <A<;; >A>;;

J-just putting in my two cents haha. (Pff what am I doing)

Absolute

What weapon will young master xheanort use. Would he have his keyblade, or mabeey two blue colored light sabers???

Well, since Nomura said that we couldn't understand Mysterious Figure until 3D, and MF has a version of Xemnas' weapons and YMX looks like a young Xemnas, I will say that he will have blue ethereal blades.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well, since Nomura said that we couldn't understand Mysterious Figure until 3D, and MF has a version of Xemnas' weapons and YMX looks like a young Xemnas, I will say that he will have blue ethereal blades.

well if that the finall boss of 3d then i boned, I still havent beaten him in bbs. I hope he mentions fighting Terra aqua and ven to sora

Snergby

*stretches* Well, that was a nice sleep. Looks like I didn't miss anything either.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback on my Ventus theory, guys.

I think this is what a lot of people are expecting to happen. I'm still not sure what the nature of the Realm of Sleep is; when Yen Sid mentioned Ven's heart being somewhere between light and darkness, I thought he would be talking about the Realm Between (since that's literally what that Realm is; ultimately, Ven is left in Castle Oblivion, which exists in that Realm). I think a lot of the context of the journey is going to depend upon exactly what the purpose and nature of the RoS is. Right now, all we know is that it's a place for forgotten worlds, essentially composed of all the memories no one holds in the heart. Honestly, I've been having difficulty keeping up with information on it because it just doesn't seem to fit in the KH universe from a practical perspective. We already have a Realm of Darkness, a Realm of Light and a Realm Between. The Realm of Sleep feels like it's being shoehorned in for the sake of it.

The status of Ven is also a bit strange; it's unclear whether he's directly residing in Sora's heart, or whether he's within Roxas within Sora. Either way, I fully expect Ven's heart is going to react to the Realm of Sleep in some way from within Sora, and that's going to shape a great deal of Sora's adventure in DDD. I also think the story this time around is going to be heavily internal, especially because I feel that's part of the Mark of Mastery. Riku and Sora need to finally get caught up on everything that's happened, as well as deal with any of their own lingering baggage from the past games (of which Riku obviously has more than Sora), before they can face Xehanort as full Keyblade Masters. So, I'm inclined to say Riku's story is going to be one of a final reconciliation with himself, and Sora's is going to be geared more toward his role in helping mend the past so that they can bring an end to the battle.

Nice theory, anyway. I'm sure everyone agrees what you put forth is the gist of this installment, although some might disagree on the details and I'm honestly about as lost as I can be.

To be honest, that's what I initially thought after my first and second playthrough. It was only during my third time that I realized that this could be potential foreshadowing (this is Nomura, afterall). Plus, Yen Sid's dialogue is taking place before Ventus was placed in Castle Oblivion, and that he's talking about Ven's heart sleeping rather than Ven himself. And since we all know Ven's heart is now inside Sora, there's no other place it can be other than in the Realm of Sleep.

Everything else you've said though, I completely agree with.

If it's Jiminy's journal, then there's a better chance that the hooded Riku we've been seeing is probably Data Riku (considering the openings give any foreshadowing specifically to this game). If it's Namine's drawings, then I have a sneaking suspicion that Namine will have a bigger role than we were lead to believe, since dreams are influenced by our memories, which Namine has control over.

[video=youtube;U5EnhzGAdmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EnhzGAdmA&feature=related[/video]

Hmm, seems likely. Someone should do an image comparison of MF and YMX from the trailer (I don't know how to.)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Really? I thought they were just pages from the book that just opened up.

I completely agree. I said this a few pages back but I can't find the post to see what people responded, but it just makes so much sense because Jiminy chronicled everything that has happened thus far, including CoM, so the steps would signify the floors instead of individually showing each Disney floor. The opening would consist of Jiminy's journal summarizing everything that has happened thus far. The only thing that I don't know is the part with Xion and Roxas because Jiminy wasn't with Roxas for Days...but I guess they'll just have to work around that little part. I really like the concept of using Jiminy's Journal. Now if only someone would actually make a KH pop-up book like that <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back