• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: [Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage!

Also in the last part of the trailer, a young man wearing the Organization coat with the facial features of Ansem and Xemnas appears. he poses the question, “Sora, aren’t you too harboring hearts other than your own?

Oooh that makes much more sense!! :DD so excited for this trailer

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

I've been saying for the longest time that something had to have been formed when Master Xehanort extracted his own heart. Since his own body would thus be incomplete and missing a heart.

I assume he didn't know what would happen to his body, nor did he care. He just wanted to be younger.

It'd be rich if Master Xehanort's body has been parading around the RoS as a nobody this entire time.
I've been saying for the longest time that something had to have been formed when Master Xehanort extracted his own heart. Since his own body would thus be incomplete and missing a heart, or he didn't know what would happen to the body, nor did he care. He just wanted to be younger.

It'd be rich if Xehanort's body has been parading around the RoS as a nobody this entire time.
I honestly think it's a whole new entity to be honest. Nobodies are formed when a heart becomes a Heartless, but it went into Terra's body. Not to mention Nomura even commented on the scene and said a Heartless was not formed, so it probably became something entirely new!

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Maleficent can get in since she has power over sleep and is a master of magic and Mickey could've just asked Yen Sid to go. I don't know how Axel and Terra-Xehanort can get in, but if they can somehow teleport to Simulated Twilight Town, then it's no surprise to me they can appear in the Realm of Sleep.
I meant, why are Donald Duck and Goofy in T3M.
Does this mean Neku et al. are dead/sleeping? And everyone in La Cite de Cloches?

MizuMikomi

Awards

I honestly think it's a whole new entity to be honest. Nobodies are formed when a heart becomes a Heartless, but it went into Terra's body. Not to mention Nomura even commented on the scene and said a Heartless was not formed, so it probably became something entirely new!
That would make sense... and I vaguely remember Nomura saying that. A new entity all together would be nice, especially with all the forms of Xehanort we already have, what harm is there in having another running around the various realms?

Crazy Mario

I meant, why are Donald Duck and Goofy in T3M.
Does this mean Neku et al. are dead/sleeping? And everyone in La Cite de Cloches?
First, Donald and Goofy are dream versions. Second, TWEWY characters are playing the Reaper's Game so they're technically dead. Third, when Sora saved the worlds in the end of KH1, some fell into slumber and were sent to the Realm of Sleep which are La Cite des Cloches and Prankster's Paradise.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I would say the same thing as you Chaser if Sora hadn't say "You!" after the man appeared. That "you" tells me that Sora knows him, that it's a person he met before unless of course the scene takes place after he already met with Vanitas.

In any case unless we see the trailer we can't be sure 100% and you might be right that it's Vanitas. Hell anyone can be right at this point.
If the character wasn't hooded, then the name would have been stated. Vanitas is out to get Sora, it makes sense he summoned that large Dream Eater, and the "You!" references an earlier meeting.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

First, Donald and Goofy are dream versions. Second, TWEWY characters are playing the Reaper's Game so they're technically dead. Third, when Sora saved the worlds in the end of KH1, some fell into slumber and were sent to the Realm of Sleep which are La Cite des Cloches and Prankster's Paradise.
Why are there dream versions of living people? Technically, wouldn't that mean they're dead, if sleeping=death?
Basically, what you're saying is that there are dream versions of everyone, and then when they die in the Realm of Light they go to the same place their dream versions already exist. Seems a bit purposeless.
Ah, forgive me, I think the Reaper's Game stuff is canon to TWEWY which I haven't played yet. But that would make sense.
So what's the difference between a world falling into slumber and falling into darkness? I realize how the latter occurs, but what about the former?
I guess I'll leave it to the game to make more sense of this, since that's kind of the point of it and I think most of the questions I'm asking will be addressed by it. Hopefully. Thanks for the explanations. :]

Crazy Mario

That would make sense... and I vaguely remember Nomura saying that. A new entity all together would be nice, especially with all the forms of Xehanort we already have, what harm is there in having another running around the various realms?
lol! You're making this seem like the world of KH has a rat infestation problem. (Which I guess you can say it does.)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Why are there dream versions of living people? Technically, wouldn't that mean they're dead, if sleeping=death?
Basically, what you're saying is that there are dream versions of everyone, and then when they die in the Realm of Light they go to the same place their dream versions already exist. Seems a bit purposeless.
You don't have to die to get into the Realm of Sleep. Right now we don't know why there is a dream world with characters in the Realm of Light, but what we do know is that this world is one that possibly happened but sunk into history and forgotten, like Timeless River.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

If the character wasn't hooded, then the name would have been stated. Vanitas is out to get Sora, it makes sense he summoned that large Dream Eater, and the "You!" references an earlier meeting.

I won't deny that you make a very good point and after thinking it a little i start to believe the same thing but i will hold on for now and wait for a pic/vid to pop out so it can convince me. :)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

is it possible that we have seen all the worlds in the ros since only half the game is devoted to the exam?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

is it possible that we have seen all the worlds in the ros since only half the game is devoted to the exam?
Half the game is devoted to the exam, most of the game is in the Realm of Sleep, no we haven't there will be more worlds.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

You don't have to die to get into the Realm of Sleep. Right now we don't know why there is a dream world with characters in the Realm of Light, but what we do know is that this world is one that possibly happened but sunk into history and forgotten, like Timeless River.
That actually makes less sense, since it would mean there is or was another world with another pair of Goofy and Donald characters.
Timeless River isn't a very good example because it's a world within a world (and, more importantly, it's a sort of past version of that world, so it's not really independent from it at all). Unless some of the theories are right and T3M is/was also housed within Disney Castle or has other peculiar circumstances surrounding it...but I still think the slumber=death concept sounds contrived right now, at least when strictly interpreted.

Crazy Mario

No, there's still two more worlds that need to be revealed to make it seven keyholes. And that's only if we will traverse among the Realm of Light after the Mark of Mastery exam.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That actually makes less sense, since it would mean there is or was another world with another pair of Goofy and Donald characters.
Timeless River isn't a very good example because it's a world within a world (and, more importantly, it's a sort of past version of that world, so it's not really independent from it at all). Unless some of the theories are right and T3M is/was also housed within Disney Castle or has other peculiar circumstances surrounding it...but I still think the slumber=death concept sounds contrived right now, at least when strictly interpreted.
If you want to believe the being in the realm of sleep = the character died, then answer me this.

When did Minnie, Pete, Donald and Goofy die to allow themselves to go into the Realm of Sleep?

Crazy Mario

If you want to believe the being in the realm of sleep = the character died, then answer me this.

When did Minnie, Pete, Donald and Goofy die to allow themselves to go into the Realm of Sleep?
I'd also like to add the question, why would there be two Petes if one of them is with Maleficent while the other is in Country of the Musketeers?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

But that's what I'm saying. They didn't, so it doesn't make sense for them to be there in T3M if you follow the logic that sleep=death and you go to the RoS when you die. What I've been told in lieu of that interpretation with regards to Minnie et al. is that there are "dream versions" of these characters, but that doesn't really make much sense either by the aforementioned logic UNLESS there are dream versions of everyone in the Realm of Light, and then when you die in the Realm of Light you go to the Realm of Sleep, where there is already another version of you waiting.

Which, I guess, could explain Riku seeing himself as well as anything else could, but it seems totally convoluted to me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Made some better quality gifs if anyone missed the chance to pick them up before :3 Both are at the original speed but had to be shrunk down for size issues >.>

jsdYP.gif
WXdMG.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'd also like to add the question, why would there be two Petes if one of them is with Maleficent while the other is in Country of the Musketeers?
Same as how there were two Petes in Timeless River, I'm guessing.
But that's what I'm saying. They didn't, so it doesn't make sense for them to be there in T3M if you follow the logic that sleep=death and you go to the RoS when you die. What I've been told in lieu of that interpretation with regards to Minnie et al. is that there are "dream versions" of these characters, but that doesn't really make much sense either by the aforementioned logic UNLESS there are dream versions of everyone in the Realm of Light, and then when you die in the Realm of Light you go to the Realm of Sleep, where there is already another version of you waiting.

Which, I guess, could explain Riku seeing himself as well as anything else could, but it seems totally convoluted to me.
Is it so hard to believe that one piece of history was forgotten and that it sunk into the realm of sleep because it was in the past?

Timeless River had a portal to go to the past so Sora could stop Pete. Country of Musketeers is no different, just in a different realm. It's all we've got going for us at the moment.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Is it so hard to believe that one piece of history was forgotten and that it sunk into the realm of sleep because it was in the past?

Timeless River had a portal to go to the past so Sora could stop Pete. Country of Musketeers is no different, just in a different realm. It's all we've got going for us at the moment.
That would certainly make more sense than what's been speculated on thus far.

I still think death and slumber are not one and one in KH. I think people can just die. Otherwise, Xehanort going around killing all of the Somebodies of the former Organization members is going to be a pretty meaningless task, assuming that's what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back