• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SEC Championship LSU vs. Georgia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Hey to all my fellow sports fans(football) was wondering who's excited and what are your thoughts for the upcoming match up at the Georgia Dome.

Should add that this game has a lot riding on it too. If Georgia wins they won't get in the NCG, but it would leave people wondering who would play at best.

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Georgia will lose. The BCS will pull their heads out of their asses, stop fighting the inevitable, and put LSU and Alabama, the 2 best teams in the nation, into the championship.

A nigga can dream.

My older brother tells that the same match-up will be inevitable.

Georgia's more than likely going to lose against LSU.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah I'm on the more realistic tip as far as Georgia fans are concerned, but if Georgia manages to pull the upset it more than likely will be a fluster cluck of a argument of who deserves to be in the NCG.

Funny thing is in 2007 Georgia got left out cause we didn't win the conference now if LSU and Bama both get to go even if LSU loses to Georgia it would be the biggest hypocritical thing ever in the history of the BCS.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
^^I sort of agree. I'm just hoping we've come a ways in that regard. To hell with this current system, it shouldn't even allow for anything BUT the two best teams to enter the NCG. More often than not, the champion would be an SEC squad too, and the nation doesn't wanna see that.

I'll tell you something else too, a rematch wouldn't be a replay of that last game either. I have faith that Alabama will pull it off in the championship game. They have the best defense in the nation, bar none.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
But then the question remains is this who is the champion?

It's like playing a game as you already know and you win then the other person does it's a tie right?

But the problem with this game is it treats them both as if no one beat the other, and basically winner take all as it should be, but looking back in the history books our kids and other people will probably be like "How is that possible."

If anything this might give us the chance at a playoff system more so then the 2007 season.

My prediction though is LSU over UGA 45-21 OUCH! it hurt to say that.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The winner is whoever wins in the NCG. The champion is whoever is better at that moment in time. Period. If (and when) UoA beats LSU in the NCG, it'll be because they were the better squad.

And yes man, there needs to be a playoff system. So badly. I feel like that'll take time if it ever happens though.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
This is the year for it though it's one of those better do it now type of things.

I will seriously be pulling for GA just if it can get us closer to a playoff cause you got to think two SEC teams in the NCG how is that really fair?

It's like letting the Steelers and Ravens play for the superbowl we see them enough doing the year as is you know and the games are awesome but still.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
This is the year for it though it's one of those better do it now type of things.

I will seriously be pulling for GA just if it can get us closer to a playoff cause you got to think two SEC teams in the NCG how is that really fair?

It's like letting the Steelers and Ravens play for the superbowl we see them enough doing the year as is you know and the games are awesome but still.

It's not about fairness though man. I mean yeah, you want everyone to have a shot at getting in, but in the end you want to see the best 2 teams in the nation on the field, regardless of where they're from.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
How do you judge who are the best two teams on the field who's to say that Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. (neither have played an SEC opponent this year) are not better then the media self proclaimed #1 and #2 cause again if UGA defeats LSU what will that say about the entire SEC is UGA that good or is that LSU wasn't as good as most people thought?

Plus you got Boise St. out there always thinking they deserve to may for the NCG. Like I said the chaos that comes out of this weekend will be something to watch.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are NOT better than either of these teams, and I don't see how anybody can even begin to argue that. It's the same thing with UT now and for the past few years. People let their bias for their favorite teams cloud their judgement so they believe they're teams have a chance at times when they obviously don't. Let any team but Alabama touch the field with LSU; it'll be a slaughter.

This is why a playoff system is needed in college football. Let there be no questions about who's better.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It's exciting that my school's going to be in the SEC starting next year, but we're going to suck so hard. Lol.
not like we don't already.....gatdam Coach Sherman and his retarded coaching

I'm rooting for LSU because my roommate used to go there and I don't care for Georgia. Haha.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
If LSU and Alabama play for the title, I imagine half of the people watching the game would be asleep by halftime based on their horrible offense that scored ZERO touchdowns last time.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
If LSU and Alabama play for the title, I imagine half of the people watching the game would be asleep by halftime based on their horrible offense that scored ZERO touchdowns last time.

You're an idiot. They don't have horrible offenses. They have the best 2 defenses in the nation. And it's defense that wins championships, offense just sells the tickets.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
^Exactly why you think LSU dismantled both Oregon and West VA

Need I remind you Oregon was in the championship last year with Auburn, but I knew better Auburn is good, but not that good. Plus Oregon offense should have done much better with the supposed best running back in the nation.

@ Dogenzaka

You take that back *shakes fist* lol

As for T A&M this is their chance to get out of Texas shadow like Arkansas many years ago people said they would suck coming to the SEC look at them now. I was really hoping for a Florida St. and West Vriginia to come join us, but oh well.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
A&M will be alright once they start recruiting more Southern players. There's nothing like our speed and athleticism, I promise you that.

Auburn last year was a great team, but a lot of that can be attributed to Newton as well. Regardless, I knew they be the national champs early in the season, as much as it hurt me to admit that they'd beat Alabama when they finally met on the field.

Oregon was good, but extremely overrated.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
I saw SEC in the title and automatically assumed we were talking about basketball. As far as this football game is concerned, I couldn't care less who wins or loses. My school, UK, sucks at football so the collective student body just endures the repeated ass kickings until the almighty basketball season comes around.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I saw SEC in the title and automatically assumed we were talking about basketball. As far as this football game is concerned, I couldn't care less who wins or loses. My school, UK, sucks at football so the collective student body just endures the repeated ass kickings until the almighty basketball season comes around.

Ha gotta play to your strengths I guess. Speaking of which, I wonder what A&M's move to the SEC is gonna do for them in the track. They've still got arguably the best program in the nation.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Mastermind

Ah forget UK in Basketball you guys are overrated especially last year and the same with this year we will see what you guys do with that #1 ranking. Still let me not talk Georgia hasn't been the same since never lol.

Actually speaking for you football side I hope you guys give the coach a chance it's already hard to recruit in the SEC plus to just win games against each other is tough too.

@ XIII Heartless

Both Mizzou and TA&M addition pretty much solidifies the stronghold the SEC has in most sports

In B-ball UK, Florida, Tenn, a few other teams are good
opposite for football it's everyone but UK, Vandy, Miss St, and Mississippi.

Judging from that TA&M can be good in basketball I know and same for Mizzou.
As for Track I don't know not really interested in the sport like that it's good just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back