• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about how KH was written

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

venomblade

Well to make this as short as I can, I want to ask, does Nomura plan the story of his games years in advance? Like, you could fight LS in KH2FM, and he talked about Aqua and Ven, so in 2007 Nomura already knew the 3 main characters, and one of their fates, for a game that was to be released 3 years later?

Last edited:

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Re: Questiojn about how KH was written

Hahahahahaha. No. He's making it up as he goes.

Although, some things he knew about prior. Birth By Sleep was actually his first idea for a game. Theres some things he's planned out.

When he included LS in KH2FM, it's because he knew the next game would be BBS. But when he made KH1, he didn't know Ansem was really Xehanort's heartless, for example.

venomblade

LOL, ya that seems more realistic that he added to the story afterwards. Probably can time travel as well, you never know lol.

JustDarkMemories

He's a really good storywriter. He's the guy that made Kingdom Hearts after all...

About his methods, I have no idea. Look up his interviews, maybe he has revealed something.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Originally the game was going to end with Sora defeating Maleficent in Hollow Bastion, freeing the hearts of the Princesses and everyone living happily ever after.
Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but Ansem was added in for the story's continuity. I'm sure Nomura thought of many different possible story lines when that happened.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Tetsuya Nomura actually already had the story for Birth by Sleep done by the release of II Final Mix+, he just had to make the actual game. Like Virus said, he's pretty much just making it up as he goes, however, some things get planned out earlier than usual.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The way things are right now he best stick to planning ahead rather than freshing out these ideas as he goes along. To put it another way the making it as he goes along part seems to get him in trouble more so than the I already had this planned from jump street.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
He's a really good storywriter. He's the guy that made Kingdom Hearts after all...

Actually, he doesn't write the story per se. Whilst yes, he thinks up of the concept and such. The main people to flesh out the story is either Nojima (KH2) or Wantabe (KH1, Birth by Sleep) or that woman who wrote 358/2 Days

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
In terms of Kingdom Hearts, I agree (even though BBS is probably his weakest effort). However, his writing for Final Fantasy XIII is probably his worse example.

I personally felt BBS had a much better story than KH1. The other three games had seriously bad stories. Especially Nojima's KH2.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Wait who wrote Chain of Memories, and if Wantabe weakest effort was BBS I'll take it over KH2 or 358/2 days. Naw let me not say that cause then they'll read this and take it seriously we will get something much worse than 358/2 Days lol.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Wait who wrote Chain of Memories

Wantabe.

, and if Wantabe weakest effort was BBS I'll take it over KH2 or 358/2 days. Naw let me not say that cause then they'll read this and take it seriously we will get something much worse than 358/2 Days lol.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's good for KH's standard and I really enjoyed the story. Just saying that compared to his other work on KH1 and COM, it's weaker.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Not trying to make a major Nerd-Alert go off right now, but I thought his name was Watanabe, not Wantabe. Unless we're talking about someone else, in which case please ignore me >.>

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Chrono

I agree with you compared to the other two COM and KH1 BBS lags, but not that far it was still a good game. Whatever they do with KH3 I'm just hoping it's as good as KH1 all over again.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
On how the story was written....what everyone else said.

For Days, Nomura wrote the dialogue....and it's easy to see that he did too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back