• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on the Shocking Ending for KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Isn't Xehanort dead? I mean his heartless is Ansem SoD and his Nobody is Xemnas, which means he's dead, right? So how does he return in the end of KH3D?
*confused*

You haven't seen the Re: Coded secret ending, have you?

When the heartless and the corresponding nobody (Ansem SoD and Xemnas) are destroyed, the original person is reborn => ergo Xehanort is back in action.

On one more side note: When a person's heart becomes a heartless that person doesn't die, it only goes dormant.
If the heartless is slain by a keyblade the original person can return.
In the rare case that a nobody was born both the heartless and nobody (which "occupies" the body and soul of the original person) need to be destroyed to bring the original person back.

Turning into a heartless =/= death.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
The shocking ending is probably Yen Sid at the end of the game saying "Sora, Riku...both of you unlocked your Keyhole of Sleep...however only Riku showed the true capabilities of a TRUE master. Sora, your heart is kind and full of light, but that will be your undoing, Master Xehanort will use that to his advantage...I'm sorry Sora...you are not capable of being a TRUE Keyblade master..."

wii.red24

The Kingdom Hearts Series is known for suprises and plot twists, it would seem to be A. something we didnt know before B. something with shock value basically it will make u question everything u thought u knew, and C. it Has to be a precursor into KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Kingdom Hearts Series is known for suprises and plot twists, it would seem to be A. something we didnt know before B. something with shock value basically it will make u question everything u thought u knew, and C. it Has to be a precursor into KH3.

KH is hardly filled with surprises or plot twists. See: BBS, Days, and Re:coded. I'm sure DDD will change that, but lol the series as a whole has been predictable for awhile now. (of course I admit DDD is definitely the biggest enigma KH has had before)

And those three things you listed are things we already know the ending will be considering DDD is the precursor to KH3. :3

Last edited:

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
KHi picks apart and dissects every little detail of every game, if there is a shocking ending, nobody here will be surprised.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
KHi picks apart and dissects every little detail of every game, if there is a shocking ending, nobody here will be surprised.

This so much, the community of KHi is going to play through so much different scenarios, however unlikely it may be.

The chance one of these being correct is not that slim.

Zul

Awards
The majority of assumptions about BBS(Terra merging with Xehanort, Ven's heart going into Sora) ended up true, except for everyone thinking Aqua died.

Then again, I'm not sure if Nomura specifically said that the endings to BBS were going to be that hard to figure out. In this case, he seems specifically intent on giving a "surprise ending".

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Has anyone predicted that Sora and Riku might get stuck in the RoS? Wait, this is KHI, of course someone has. But that's what I'm thinking. I like the Yen Sid death scenario, but like others have said, Disney wouldn't jump on that bandwagon.
Hmmm.... I wonder what would make them be stuck there? Maybe Xehanort seals them in, IDK. Or Sora falls to darkness(which would be really unsurprising for me).
Maybe only Sora would get stuck in the RoS, and Riku makes it out. So then the beginning of KH3 would have you play as Riku, trying to free Sora.

Zul

Awards
Yeah, that's another thing I've considered, one major "past element" was that this was Sora's story. Sora becoming one of the ones needed to be saved in KH3(even one of the last to be saved) would be a huge change. I imagine everyone is expecting to play Sora for the majority of KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The majority of assumptions about BBS(Terra merging with Xehanort, Ven's heart going into Sora) ended up true, except for everyone thinking Aqua died.

Then again, I'm not sure if Nomura specifically said that the endings to BBS were going to be that hard to figure out. In this case, he seems specifically intent on giving a "surprise ending".

BBS was also a special case since it not only was a prequel there were also very much hints thrown around both by the secret ending of KH2 and Nomura interviews.

Terra's physical similarity to current Xehanort, him apparently having issues with his darkness yadda yadda and Ventus looking like Roxas's twin brother with Nomura stressing that he's not Roxas but that appearance indicating a connection with Roxas and therefore Sora might be involved as well...et cetera et cetera.

Unlike with Birth by Sleep though, this time around with Dream Drop Distance there doesn't exist any secret ending and Nomura is keeping his mouth shut much more than with BBS, giving one fewer clues to work with except maybe Blank Points from BBS and Sign's of what's next from Re: Coded.
But these also only give away a general overview of mostly current status, DDD plays in the future.

Has anyone predicted that Sora and Riku might get stuck in the RoS? Wait, this is KHI, of course someone has. But that's what I'm thinking. I like the Yen Sid death scenario, but like others have said, Disney wouldn't jump on that bandwagon.
Hmmm.... I wonder what would make them be stuck there? Maybe Xehanort seals them in, IDK. Or Sora falls to darkness(which would be really unsurprising for me).
Maybe only Sora would get stuck in the RoS, and Riku makes it out. So then the beginning of KH3 would have you play as Riku, trying to free Sora.

There are so many possibilties like i.e. Ansem SoD and Xemnas appearing in the RoS, fighting Sora and Riku and while appearing to be defeated they in fact hitch a ride without Sora and Riku noticing, they return to Yen Sid and voilá they're back in the RoL and we have "multiple Xehanorts" for real.
Or Xehanort somehow manages to brainwash one of the good guys causing some mayhem no one is able to predict.
I could go on but the possibilities are really vast...

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Yeah, that's another thing I've considered, one major "past element" was that this was Sora's story. Sora becoming one of the ones needed to be saved in KH3(even one of the last to be saved) would be a huge change. I imagine everyone is expecting to play Sora for the majority of KH3.
Hmm, I'm not sure how many people would accept not playing as Sora during most of KH3. I wouldn't mind, even though he's my favorite character, but you know there are the fans out there who always come out and say, 'Who are these other characters!? Where is Sora!? I wanna play as Sora!?".
I'd enjoy playing KH3 as many different characters. Mostly Riku, though. Maybe switch it up a bit and play as Mickey or TAV after they've been saved? Still, I imagine Nomura will go the traditional route and have us play as Sora for the majority of the game.
To Sephi:
Xehy brainwashing one of the heroes? I wonder who'd be a good candidate... Lol, how about Goofy?
I can see it now. Goofy will wear the same outfit as Riku and Vanitas did and go around and do Xehanort's bidding. And then he'll get hit with a boulder again and lose his memories of ever serving Xehy.
All joking aside, I can see someone being turned over to Xehanort's side. What I'm really wondering about is Ienzo. Will he return? And if he does, will it be as a child or young man? Who will he side with? Judging by the ending of the DDD trailer, becoming a Heartless/Nobody wasn't exactly his own choice. So would he willingly go back to Xehanort again and be a puppet?

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i dotn see disney letting them kill Yen sid, the 'shocking ending' will probably be a "zomg Mx is really a good guy" or some shit.

Nomura just sensed this sentence...nah wait its a decent idea nevermind~

Xehanort being a good guy and Eraqus being evil...... I'm not sure what I think about that.

Rohan

Xehanort being a good guy and Eraqus being evil...... I'm not sure what I think about that.
It is possible. When I read the reports in BBS, it seemed to me as if MX knew what he was talking about at least to some extent, like the "Light and Darkness need to exist in a balance" sort of thing. It looked to me as if he was doing some of his actions for the right reasons and all the rest for the wrong. I think I could handle it if he was just a severely misunderstood good-guy.

And Eraqus is always going on about how imperfections should be purged eg. Darkness, X-blade.... Ven. He seems to have a touch of (dare I say it) Hitler-ness going on about him

axel95

Awards
Which is exactly why as more DDD stuff comes out, I'll start coming here less and less until I beat the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd like to note that SE likes the whole "evil is not truly evil"/"nothing is neither good or bad, but thinking makes it so"/"everything's relative"/etc thing so it isn't farfetched for MX to have had good intentions. Of course, "the road to evil is paved with good intentions."

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I really don't see any possibe way MX could be good when he tried to start up another Keyblade war, took control of another person and extracted the darkness from somebody to make a new apprentice.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I really don't see any possibe way MX could be good when he tried to start up another Keyblade war, took control of another person and extracted the darkness from somebody to make a new apprentice.

I do.

First and foremost, MX wasn't the cliched "dark lord" that Ansem SoD and Xemnas were: he was basically a scientist. He wanted to start a new Keyblade War just to see what would happen.

And as I recall, he implied in his Secret Reports his beliefs that Light and Darkness needed to be balanced equally. This is the biggie that differs him from the likes of Eraqus, who firmly believed in abolishing Darkness completely, and Maleficent, who wanted to rule the universe in eternal darkness. However, the problem was that Xehanort lost his way through out his years and succumbed to the Darkness through his curiosity.

The acts that he committed in BBS were in the name of his twisted vision of science, and his morality long since thrown out the window. Thus, MX started out with good intentions, but his recklessness (i.e. refraining from wearing his Keyblade Armor through out his travels, thus exposing himself to Darkness countless times over many long years) overtook him and caused the events of BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back