• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on the Shocking Ending for KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I was thinking about KH3D and then an interesting thought hit me. I soon formed an idea of what the last scene in KH3D might be.

I think there is a chance that the shocking ending to KH3D is that, Yen Sid will die.

I know it sounds a little crazy for a series like KH but listen to my reasoning behind it.

1. After Yen Sid makes Sora and Riku masters then his purpose will be served in the series, right?

2. BBS took alot from Star Wars, so who's to say that KH3D will not also take this route in the form of the mentor dies so the hero can come into his own as the next step in the hero's journey? Just as Obi-Wan died and Luke went on to become a hero.

Even leaving the star wars stuff out of it, it's still a common theme in stories for the mentor to die.

3. Tension between Xehanort and Yen Sid was hinted in BBS. Yen Sid seemed to be more aware of Xehanort's true nature than Eraqus was and I feel that may have put the two at odds with one another. This could lead to a battle between them that results in Yen Sid's demise. Though of course it doesn't have to.

4. No one can deny for a KH game, this would be a shocking ending.

So I could easily see Xehanort and Braig returning at the end of KH3D and a bunch of scenes take place where Yen Sid joins the fight and ends up getting killed by Xehanort.

The only thing I can think of that would keep this from possibly happening is if Disney didn't agree.

So discuss if you want, it was just an idea that crossed my mind and I wanted to post it before I forgot.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
0.o That would be one heck of a shock. I don't think it will happen, but that would be something if it did happen.

sdr08

hmm...i dont know man lol, I bet its something more shocking than that :)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't know...It's just that while Yen Sid is a mentor figure, it warranting him the ax sounds like something that would mostly affect Micky (and then Micky goes on a vengeance quest to take down Xehanort on his own) and while it would be shocking it doesn't seem like "this is how it ends!" shocking. IDK, I'm sort of expecting a twist ending where every thing I thought I knew was a lie or something.

Also at this point I think when people expect a "shock ending" most feel that someone will die to meet those means, so then if anyone dies it's not a shock any more so it's sort of nullified. I think since Days the fans have speculated that at the end of each game someone will die (and someone usually does...or disappears or "dies" as much as they can by KH rules any way) so I think a death has to come waaaay out of left field now.

Besides I think a character death for the sake of shock is kind of cheap.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Well, as impossible as that sounds (I doubt Disney would be on-board), I could see crazy Nomura pulling them on board by saying "He dies and then later you find out he became one with KINGDOM HEARTS!"

Which would sort of actually make sense.

Awards
I guess I could see it happening, but I'm not even going to try to put my Disney cap on. They've given him more creative license over the years (I mean, originally Mickey could only show up in one scene), but I still can't say for sure whether they would allow this.

I'll tell you what would be more shocking- Mickey dying. Because Disney would never allow it. But really:

I think a character death for the sake of shock is kind of cheap.

Like, unless it serves some purpose in the story, none of the characters should die.
Bear in mind that Nomura also said the story would "tear down past elements" and that players should expect the unexpected. I'm guessing that this tearing down of past elements, whatever it is, is what's surprising about the ending.

What I would guess he means by that is that we're going to find out something shocking that we had always assumed otherwise (a retcon depending on how you look at it). For instance, a character who we thought is good is actually bad, or vice versa. Or maybe something about the nature of the Heartless, who Xemnas/Ansem SoD really are, etc.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I can't see that happening. Sure, it'd be shocking but what do we gain in the end by Yen Sid being killed? Some angry, vengeful main characters? A sad moment? It is entirely too cliche and it's already happened once with Eraqus.

Also what Grass and everybody else said.

I'd find it more shocking if Terra was really the one moving everything forward since Apprentice Xehanort was split into a Heartless and Nobody, or everything in KH is part of the "eternal" war between Chaos/Darkness and Cosmos/Light and it hass been happening over and over in a time loop caused by some idiotic Cid, or Sora, Riku, and Kairi actually did take the raft out to sea and died in a storm and this has all been a dream formed in their last moments and they are welcomed into Kingdom Hearts where they live an eternal life or something.

So my examples are starting to get really Dissidia and Narnia-ish but my point is we shouldn't expect the most expected.

Radar

Bronze Member
YenSid being killed would be aight, but it should be more bigger/epic than that i think. Even if Yensid is MF, then theres a whole story there about him.

I think it may be something pretty dark/ "that" would deliver the shock. coughsoraevilcough
Or maybe evil XH/Xemnas returning. I mean they are maybe in that realm so they can be born by sleep, (maybe) multiple xehanorts in kh3 idk.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The shock would be that it was Eraqus behind all the problems since BBS.

That'd be a real twist IMO.

But as for Yen Sid dieing......it'd be shocking for me, since I can't see Disney letting that happen.

They kill Disney in KH, haha. It'd be funny if Eraqus killed him. Since Eraqus is an anagram for Square and Yen Sid is Disney backwards.....so Square Enix kills Disney.....

I at least want to see Yen Sid fight Xehanort. That may be cool IMO.

axel95

Awards
shocking ending: ansem the wise is Luxord's Somebody!
0_______________________________________________________0 That would be shocking.
I doubt that Yen Sid dying is the shocking ending. I bet it has somtheing to do with either Ansem the Wise or Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus.

Rohan

I think it will most definetly have something to do with what Grass said, like some one who was good is actually bad, or they seem bad but are actually good. What I think would be the best twist is if a person we thought was good is actually bad, and to boot, they are actually the mastermind behind the plot, pulling Master Xehanorts strings if you will. Sort of reminds me of SSBB with the Master Hand/Taboo situation.

I don't think there would be a greater twist if MX turned out to be just a pawn in somebodies plan.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I think it will most definetly have something to do with what Grass said, like some one who was good is actually bad, or they seem bad but are actually good. What I think would be the best twist is if a person we thought was good is actually bad, and to boot, they are actually the mastermind behind the plot, pulling Master Xehanorts strings if you will. Sort of reminds me of SSBB with the Master Hand/Taboo situation.

I don't think there would be a greater twist if MX turned out to be just a pawn in somebodies plan.
I have a theory on that. Would anyone care to hear it?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
I like the idea of Yen Sid dying but, like others have said, Disney probably wouldn't allow it. Still, it would be pretty legit.

That Eraqus-being-the-real-mastermind is interesting... Maybe he's only trying to control the darkness so he could destroy it and reign light supreme? lolnah.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dotn see disney letting them kill Yen sid, the 'shocking ending' will probably be a "zomg Mx is really a good guy" or some shit.

Maybe he's only trying to control the darkness so he could destroy it and reign light supreme? lolnah.
Nomura just sensed this sentence...nah wait its a decent idea nevermind~

JustDarkMemories

Isn't Xehanort dead? I mean his heartless is Ansem SoD and his Nobody is Xemnas, which means he's dead, right? So how does he return in the end of KH3D?
*confused*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back