• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Re: Kh & the xbox

Those updated would cost Square a lot of extra money that they're not willing to part with.

Uh, they are completely optional. You wouldn't be able to connect online with it, but Square doesn't even have to apply the update if they think the game does work. The only time an update is applied mandatory is when the OS changes. And even then, if there's something wrong with the game, it's up to Square to fix it. That's why we have Patches.

As for the Demo comment, that's a cheap shot, it's just a couple extra minutes.

It is a cheap shot. But everyone has to admit that the 360 handle updates and online connectivity much better than the PS3. PS3 just have the advantage of being more open than the 360.

Though, I agree with both of you on the subject. I hear a lot of mentions that it would expand the community, that's not completely a good thing.

How so?

A major piece of the Xbox user base are complete numb skulls, being a budget system it's bound to attract more trash, PS3 isn't free of this either but there's a clear difference between both consoles user base. Both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses but in this case I think I'll pass, I've dropped too much money into Kingdom Hearts on the Playstation side to be interested in my Xbox for a Kingdom Hearts fix.

Actually the main point of this topic is whether Kingdom Hearts should be multiplatform, like FFXIII. This meaning that neither PS3 or 360 get any exclusive KH game. They both get a KH HD Collection. They both get KH3. Etc. As for the audience being 'numb skulls', it's called the 'lowest common denominator'. A large audience is going to be 'casual', as in they want a game that's accessible. That is where the money is and whilst yes, dumbing down a game can be detrimental (in this case, Kingdom Hearts II, which was critically worse than Kingdom Hearts), but if it brings in a wider audience then why not?
If the games had a need for Xbox live support than I might change my mind but that's not happening.

Definite how you want it to be incorporated.

Digs

I'm ignoring the first two quotes because I agree.
I answered that in the following couple sentences. The majority of the Xbox community are mostly loud mouth, trouble makers, aka trolls. It would pollute the Kingdom Hearts community. Not saying there isn't a vast number of great folks to gain, but for the most part the Xbox is a trolls console if you're judging by the majority of its user base. The PS3 suffers from trolls also but they're at least held in their FPS communities, not nearly as aggressive as xbox user though.

Actually the main point of this topic is whether Kingdom Hearts should be multiplatform, like FFXIII. This meaning that neither PS3 or 360 get any exclusive KH game. They both get a KH HD Collection. They both get KH3. Etc. As for the audience being 'numb skulls', it's called the 'lowest common denominator'. A large audience is going to be 'casual', as in they want a game that's accessible. That is where the money is and whilst yes, dumbing down a game can be detrimental (in this case, Kingdom Hearts II, which was critically worse than Kingdom Hearts), but if it brings in a wider audience then why not?
There is no why not, it's just not for me. Good on them for upping their sales numbers, though I can't recall ever seeing Kingdom Hearts on a top 10 most wanted ports list.

Definite how you want it to be incorporated.
Anything to do with multiplayer I'd say, Xbox is the leader in multiplayer functionality. I love my Xbox, I use it for everything multiplayer ready. My PS3 is just more suited for the solo games.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I like to point out that Kingdom Hearts is much more popular overseas than in Japan. After all, it has got the Disney Branding and a lot of kids own a 360. I think Kingdom Hearts would do extremely well on the 360.

PS3 exclusive in Japan, multiplatform in the west. They did this with FFXIII so i don't see why not.

Janus Q

makes sense, going multi-platform over seas is a good idea and a bit of a money maker.

TepidShark

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I haven't played them myself, but isn't FFX & X-2 a connected story?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I think after FFX remake comes out in both regions we will get word about KH Collection Remake, cause I'm sure by that time FF13 Versus will be out and that they'll start working on KH3.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

sorry computer froze up on me.

TepidShark

Awards

I think after FFX remake comes out in both regions we will get word about KH Collection Remake, cause I'm sure by that time FF13 Versus will be out and that they'll start working on KH3.

The possibly of a KH HD Collection is not as outlandish as you make it appear. No guarantees though.

Patamon246

Awards

The way I see it, it will happen.

1) Alleged "HD Test" for anniversary
2) Nomura said its hard to get new fans into the game

Boom.

Patamon246

Awards

Guys, when it comes to the XBox, bias is your friend!

Xbox will never get KH, mostly because all microsoft wants is crappy FPS games whose only storyline is "Kill that guy ... what do you mean storyline?". Therefore the shit-box will NEVER EVER EVER get KH!!!!!!!!!! UP YOURS MICROSOFT.

That is all :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Xbox will never get KH, mostly because all microsoft wants is crappy FPS games whose only storyline is "Kill that guy ... what do you mean storyline?". Therefore the shit-box will NEVER EVER EVER get KH!!!!!!!!!! UP YOURS MICROSOFT.

I'm not the hugest Xbox fan, but I sure hope that was sarcastic o_O because I have to agree that Xbox does indeed focus largely on FPS' (CoD, Halo, Battlefield) compared to the PS3 which seems more oriented towards other types of games like RPGs or Action-Adventures (Uncharted, Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles, LBP) HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that Xbox CANNOT have RPGs/Action-Adventures and the PS3 CANNOT have FPSs. I honestly wouldn't mind KH going to the Xbox purely because it would be able to garner more money. However, if they have to simplify the game and dumb it down (kh2) for larger audience...then NO!

Love Machine

strut strut strut

I also can't really see playing a Kingdom Hearts game on the Xbox controller either. Think about it; all wrong.

k99y77

Awards

I haven't played them myself, but isn't FFX & X-2 a connected story?
i dunno never played FFX-2 but i know this, FFX had yuna as a summoner and FFX-2 had her as a singer :/
its NOT a remake its just an HD updated game.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I also can't really see playing a Kingdom Hearts game on the Xbox controller either. Think about it; all wrong.
How? Its probably what people use for PCX2.

JustDarkMemories

Let's not forget that currently all future Kingdom Hearts games will likely be on eight generation consoles.

1. 3DS -- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  2. PSP Vita -- Birth By Sleep V.2 (Though not confirmed it is very likely)

Great. Another new console for a KH game.

I'm starting to get reeeeally annoyed here.

Bobjam

Awards

I love the exclusivity of the series, as much as I like X box, PS for KH all the way (for main games at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back