• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Site Staff Applications! (Ask questions here~)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Hello there everyone!

So, as you've likely established from the thread title and/or the poster on out Facebook and twitter, we will be hiring some Site Staff! At this time, we will ideally be looking at the following:

- 2 Graphic Artists

- 2 Content Writers

Now I know we held an application session last month, so to those who applied, this is a chance to better your applications and show us what you're made of.

The following applies to all applicants:

- It will not just be me reading through applications; I will be asking others of Site and Forum staff to read applications where required. All decisions will be final, so please don't grovel~

- If you're not incredibly active, then don't bother applying. We need people who are going to be able to visit the forums and check in at least once a day unless stipulated otherwise by health issues etc.

- If you aren't willing to keep an eye out for news (a.k.a. be a "newshound"), then please reconsider your application. We need people willing to find news as well as write about it.

- If you aren't willing to listen to those who are asking of you what is required for the site (i.e. a specific theme for a graphic piece), then please reconsider.

Now, as for those of you who wish to apply, please use the following formats for your application.

For Content Writers:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

To Graphic Artists:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Please note, we will not accept any applications made in this thread. Please PM all applications to myself, Lancelot, with an obvious title such as "Site Staff App".

That aside, we wish you the best of luck and hope to see many replies!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask~!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Site Staff Applications! (Closing October 31st)

I submited my application. I do hope I am one of the lucky few to be chosen.....

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Oh god, dat paragraph.

It's like English class all over again ;.;.....

I love Kingdom Hearts, but I have no idea what to write about. I'd write about Sora, but we're limited to one game. ...Or how Terra's naivety borders on stupidity.

Come to think of it, I do have something in mind.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I want to emphasize the fact that if you don't think you can be a newshound and be on often, applying to be content writer is a waste of time. Really, the name "content writer" is a bit of a misnomer, because if you think your main duty will be to write character summaries, you're mistaken.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Just a question. Are there certain sites that Content Writers should frequent?

I already make daily rounds on several gaming news sites (it gives me something to do), but I feel like, judging from the main page, most of the KH news comes from places I don't frequent.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Just a question. Are there certain sites that Content Writers should frequent?

I already make daily rounds on several gaming news sites (it gives me something to do), but I feel like, judging from the main page, most of the KH news comes from places I don't frequent.

We'll tell you more about it if we decide to hire you. Don't worry about not knowing where to look, being online often and being proactive in looking for news are more important.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Question, is a user allowed to send in another application?

Lancelot

Awards

I'd prefer not for,the sake of keeping things in order~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I'd prefer not for,the sake of keeping things in order~

No problem. The only reason I asked was because another Moderator saw my application and said that I should reapply.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Okay, I sent it. Hope I get picked.

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Question: Content Writer, does that include editorials, essays, etc? Or simply news?

That's actually a good question. During the last application session, they made it clear that KHI wasn't focusing on content since people just go to various wiki's for info, but editorials would be cool.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

yea i'm pretty sure we're dropping the content part of the site. and i know before we wanted to start up editorials and we had maybe 1 or 2 posted, and i think we have plans to pick that back up. but if you're hired your main thing will be finding and posting news, and that'll probably be the only thing you have to do for a while.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

With the summary of a character, do we have to just write what they did during the game?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I dunno, I gave a brief synopsis of Scrooge's role in Birth by Sleep and the events following it (yet still preceding KH1) along with a short description of his personality.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

With the summary of a character, do we have to just write what they did during the game?

Don't look for "just" what to do. If you want a place on staff, think outside the box and have a bit of flair and originality. Making a nice piece which flows shows you're a good writer, so perhaps have addenda like background information, character personality, future roles, character suspicions/plot twists, etc. Make it something fresh.

Lancelot

Awards

Don't look for "just" what to do. If you want a place on staff, think outside the box and have a bit of flair and originality. Making a nice piece which flows shows you're a good writer, so perhaps have addenda like background information, character personality, future roles, character suspicions/plot twists, etc. Make it something fresh.

This, more or less. Someone with character, yet not too suffocatingly over-zealous in what they write or how they portray themselves. Just writing about what a character did during the game won't get you anywhere; we want to see someone who can nitpick and grab the finer details that others may have missed while researching the character, then perhaps bringing them more to light and drawing the reader in. Something like that.

Lancelot

Awards

Don't forget to send in your applications before the end of the period, everyone! Only 4 days left to apply if you haven't already~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back