• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Logo03.png

"This year is the 10th Anniversary of the "KINGDOM HEARTS" series, HD versions of early works, and the first online game for the PC.

Two titles are announced. KINGDOM HEARTS –HD 1.5 ReMIX- This year for the 10th Anniversary of the "KINGDOM HEARTS" series, there will be HD versions of commemorative works, "KINGDOM HEARTS" and "KINGDOM HEARTS: Re:Chain of Memories." Furthermore, we have recorded footage of video works to enjoy the story of "KINGDOM HEARTS: 358/2 Days" which was released in 2009 for the Nintendo DS.

"KINGDOM HEARTS" (The first work) was later released with a variety of additions. "KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX" (Japanese version) will add all of the content into the HD versions.

With two games that have been into HD and the Nintendo DS version having full remakes of event scenes for "KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days", even for those who are enjoying the series so far and even if you're new to the series, the series's three games are a work you can enjoy together.

Also, the two works, "KINGDOM HEARTS" and "KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories" support Playstation 3 trophies. Includes: KINGDOM HEARTS KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories (KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX is not included) KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

Description:
Product Name: KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
Platform: Playstation 3
Genre: Role playing game
Release Date: TBA 2013
Rating: Everyone
The official website is scheduled to open on Thursday 9/20."
Square Enix JPN Official Site

Last edited:

StVen

Re: Hooray for the HD release...or not.

I am sure it'll be in english too.. There are fans living in US too you know :p

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

It hasn't even been confirmed. Nomura has stated that he has planned it, but no solid confirmation.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY

It hasn't even been confirmed. Nomura has stated that he has planned it, but no solid confirmation.
^ this

But if it is released, it damn better be in America too.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

They'll probably release in English too since the idea is to get new players, ones who haven't played KH1,CoM,and KH2 since they're on now obsolete counsels. FMs are "special cases" so the HD releases shouldn't meet the same fate.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Sooo are we talking a Vita HD remake or PS3 HD remake? Because if it's the latter then I'd actually consider buying that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Sooo are we talking a Vita HD remake or PS3 HD remake? Because if it's the latter then I'd actually consider buying that.

Square eould probably make it for both, why would they stop now? They already announced the FFX remake would be for both PS3 and Vita. Say what you want, but they are consistant.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

The reason the FM's aren't in America (or over regions) is because remakes of games don't sell well over here. But, Remasters do sell here, as we've seen with GoW, Sly, etc.
So, yeah, if SE does go with Remasters (still hoping), I will bet my left pinky toe that it will be released outside Japan.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

of course it will be in english who releases a game 3 times in one country

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

of course it will be in english who releases a game 3 times in one country

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Could you please punctuate so we understand?

sdr08

I am hoping they will remake them, part of me is hoping they will use BBS gameplay for KH1 and KH2, IF they remake them.

LucasDraleau

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Could you please punctuate so we understand?

He's saying that Square Enix isn't going to release KHI and II for a third time in Japan, which is completely wrong, since if there is an HD remake it most certainly would be released in Japan and it better be released in NA, too.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I am hoping they will remake them, part of me is hoping they will use BBS gameplay for KH1 and KH2, IF they remake them.

All of me is hoping they use it. Well, most. Nostalgia must not die.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

He's saying that Square Enix isn't going to release KHI and II for a third time in Japan, which is completely wrong, since if there is an HD remake it most certainly would be released in Japan and it better be released in NA, too.
I am not saying they wont relase it in japan, that a given.
Wouldnt relasing kh1 hd be more suited to america becasue one it has the attraction of the content never relased to us on the final mix and 2 caan be introduced to public agin and get the attention from new fans into the franchise before kh3 starts up

sdr08

All of me is hoping they use it. Well, most. Nostalgia must not die.

although some people will disagree with me, they should put in an auto jump feature, or at least make it where people can toggle it on or off.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

although some people will disagree with me, they should put in an auto jump feature, or at least make it where people can toggle it on or off.

Oh hell no. Do you know how many times that got me killed on RE:coded? But I suppose having it as an option wouldn't hurt.

LucasDraleau

I am not saying they wont relase it in japan, that a given.
Wouldnt relasing kh1 hd be more suited to america becasue one it has the attraction of the content never relased to us on the final mix and 2 caan be introduced to public agin and get the attention from new fans into the franchise before kh3 starts up

Reintroducing people to the series through the HD remakes is the major reason behind the thought of making them, so of course they'll end up, at least in, NA, with a semi-translated version for Europe, going by SE's current localization attitude towards Europe, e.g Dissidia 012. Nomura says how the series is so wide spread that newbies trying to enter the series would be so confused about everything, so to help that he's going to make remakes, or is at least thinking about. But he needs to include the Final Mixes in the remakes, because I've heard some people say that KHIIFM Critical Mode is so different from KHII that they almost consider it a different game. It also has a lot more story in II FM, than II, such as Xemnas and the Room of Waking, and, I've said this before, how the password to the Room of Waking seems to have something to do with the order that the Nobodies were formed, plus all the other scenes that were added.

Arkrend

Like Re:coded. I didn't know you could toggle auto-jump in Re:coded until I scrolled through the config. If they include it future games they should show us the option in the beginning of the game.

Like after you select difficulty you get the option to turn on auto-jump. I am still iffy on auto-jump. I think it kind of makes gameplay smoother.

Last edited:

sdr08

Like Re:coded. I didn't know you could toggle auto-jump in Re:coded until I scrolled through the config. If they include it future games they should showus the option in the beginning of the game.

Like after you select difficulty you get the option to turn on auto-jump. I am still iffy on auto-jump. I think it kind of makes gameplay smoother.

well, it will make easier for people who can't use both hands, instead of having people helping them every time there is a jump lol.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I'd Rather buy a HD remake of a good KH game instead of a shiny new crappy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back