• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E-Ternity University Chapter 1: Hellbound for Heaven

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Ivan E. Rutledge, age twenty-one, is an incoming freshman at E-Ternity University. Though having been raised in Colma, California, Ivan's birth can be traced back to Berlin, Germany. His parents, however, fled Germany at his birth hoping to escape their family's past, changing their names upon entering America. His life was fairly normal up until the age of eighteen, wherein he quickly discovered his new-found abilities, to his parent's sorrow, and wherein those abilities quickly got him into trouble. Five dead by a car accident. That was the official report, at least. However, it was widely known, though through rumor and gossip, that Ivan had caused the accident. That's when his parents decided to divulge their family's past.

A lich, an especially powerful one. It had implanted a "seed" into one Ivan's ancient ancestors that would have allowed the lich to be reborn as the woman's son, allowing him to return completely after his destruction. However, the lich's phylactery was destroyed before the ceremony could be completed, leaving the woman's soon-after born son a hideously disfigured baby, who was only later able to continue the lich's bloodline by raping a young woman. With each offspring, the horrible disfigurement was quickly watered down back into a human appearance. But, despite being of the lich's bloodline, only three of Ivan's ancestors developed the lich's abilities, all at the age of eighteen. At the age of twenty-two, all of his ancestors went through an awakening stage, where their powers greatly matured, but their personalities became twisted and evil, and they caused great pain and suffering throughout the world, one of the more notable works being the Black Plague.

After learning of his past, Ivan began focusing more and more on the discovery and development of his powers, as if some instinctual force was driving him. The most notable power that Ivan discovered was the efficient use of necromancy, arguably the most notable characteristic of his lich blood, allowing him to draw forth spirits and demons from beyond and to conjure up the bodies of those that have died. Apart from necromancy, Ivan discovered he holds an affinity for ice-based magics, and, while not as developed as his necromancy skills, it allowed Ivan to defend himself without having to rely on summoning other beings. After three years of training on his own, Ivan, unable to learn anything more on his own, decided that it was time for him to move to the next level of learning.

Though his parents were hesitant at first, given their family's history and the fact they hold the blood of one of history's most hated and despised beings, they eventually gave Ivan their blessings and told him about E-Ternity University, where he would be able to learn more about his abilities, in hopes that he would put his abilities and knowledge to good use. Like his parents, Ivan, too, wants to put his powers to good use and has even signed up for the Heroism program. Unfortunately, since gaining his power, Ivan has given off a dark aura that often causes him to be mistaken as evil and malicious by the four Ms and simply rubs the mundane the wrong way, keeping Ivan from developing any true friendships and driving away all of his old ones. As such, Ivan has become somewhat of a loner, with his social interaction apart from his family being less-than-positive in nature. Through bullying and aggressive actions (though it is possible this stems from an instinctual personality trait found in his lich bloodline), Ivan tries to push away other people before they can push him away or hurt him.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Are students able to study between two schools? I was thinking of hopefully having an Arts/Science student, because it facilitates a sort of Daedalus-Didact hybrid, and I know I love me some hyper-intelligence and electromagnetomancy.

Awards
BAH! I'm not sure if I should make a female musician with sound manipulation abilities, or a male artist with the power to draw things into reality.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Orion-Sure. I assume you mean like a double-major or something? Otherwise, still sounds fine.

Piercing Light-While I love the art approach, drawing things into reality is a bit... much.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Orion-Sure. I assume you mean like a double-major or something? Otherwise, still sounds fine.
I guess that's basically another name for it. Cool, since that's fine I'll finalise my thoughts and then type them up.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Not exactly sure how I feel about my post, but, nonetheless, it is up.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
So, before I finally begin creating this character, I'll ask:
Are any of the student characters taking Heroism as a course?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Are any of the student characters taking Heroism as a course?

Yeah, mine is. My professor's also going to be teaching a Villain's class (not of actual villainy, but more along the lines of understanding villains) under the Heroism major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back