• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

so im playing kh2 again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I never noticed this the first time i played it, its been a few years cuz my ps2 broke, and sora actually has a sense of humor in this game, does anyone want him to be like that in 3d?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Sora in 3D:

Sora: What's your name?

Neku: Dream Eaters!

Sora: That's a funny name.

Neku: Not me!

Yeah I think that sense of humor returns.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Yeah i guess, but i took that more as sora being an idiot lol i do seriously hope he comes back with a personality

I haven't played KH2 in a while but I recall not liking his new personality much. I wouldn't mind if any humor Sora brings in 3D is chalked up to him being an idiot.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think I like idiot!Sora. In KH1 and CoM he had more sense than he did in KH2. I'd rather he'd be a fairly smart (yet oblivious)Sora with a side of derpiness. Seems like DDD!Sora will fulfill my wish.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah, I agree with that, EW. I mean, Sora was a bit of an idiot in KH2...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I really like the more pessimistic, silent, and carefully spoken Sora seen in the first Kingdom Hearts to be honest. Lol. That's what I really liked about him when I first played the games. It gave a different mood to contrast all of the Disney characters. Quotes like "I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real? Or not..." or the scene where he first mets Donald and Goofy for the first time "...happy?" while looking down.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I felt embarresed watching cutscenes in KH2 because of Sora's personality in the game; I think I prefer his KH1 attitude. Then again...

Ruran said:
Sora in 3D:

Sora: What's your name?

Neku: Dream Eaters!

Sora: That's a funny name.

Neku: Not me!

Yeah I think that sense of humor returns.

I didn't know he said that. It made me laugh. :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH1!Sora is always the ideal Sora. He was insightful, thoughtful, still goofy, but he wasn't afraid of being sad or angry. He was well-rounded and CoM developed Sora nicely. Then KH2 pretty much rewrote his personality. :/

I think they tried to make him more like the typical shounen character for whatever reason, and he's stayed like that since. There are some glimpses into the Sora we knew like in Re:coded, and kid!Sora, and "Blank Points", but it looks like we'll be sticking with the Sora we've got until he gets a bit more development.

I think the best parts of Sora's humor come from his obliviousness, but I don't want the super oblivious Sora from KH2. You can be oblivious and still smart.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
KH1!Sora is always the ideal Sora. He was insightful, thoughtful, still goofy, but he wasn't afraid of being sad or angry. He was well-rounded and CoM developed Sora nicely. Then KH2 pretty much rewrote his personality. :/

I think they tried to make him more like the typical shounen character for whatever reason, and he's stayed like that since. There are some glimpses into the Sora we knew like in Re:coded, and kid!Sora, and "Blank Points", but it looks like we'll be sticking with the Sora we've got until he gets a bit more development.

I think the best parts of Sora's humor come from his obliviousness, but I don't want the super oblivious Sora from KH2. You can be oblivious and still smart.

I know this, because I am this. XD

Also, I think that if Blank Points was any indication (I mean, it is the most recent Sora we know of, right?), I hope they keep his character like that.

Zul

Awards
no

sora should not be anything remotely like he was in kh2 ever again

I really don't understand what they were going for with him there. If their intention was to have a protagonist with a lighthearted attitude, turning him into an oblivious dumbass isn't good execution.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
After AC he shouldn't be allowed to write, period.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I like Nojima better than Toriyama (i'm looking at you T3B) but I don't think he should work with KH. It isn't where his type of writing shines. He tried to tone his style down for KH, but in the end it looks more like he was dumbing down KH completely rather than his style.

I liked Nojima's work in AC, even though Cloud's regression into moping when, at the end of FFVII, he had accepted everything that had happened in the game was rather...confusing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
T3B was disappointing. The story was interesting and had potential, but he told it in such a stupid and confusing way :c

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Most, if not all, of the plot was revealed in the last minutes of the game. :/ It was really retarded and you could tell he was trying to go for a shocking last minute twist that would be really good, but the execution was terrible and made the game more of a joke than it should have been. This is why I don't even want to consider T3B being the future of PE.

Give me PE3.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Oh god, I forgot about Toriyama(He's not Akira Toriyama). Good god I can't think of anything good he's written.

He's like the Japanese equivalent of M Night Shyamalan.

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I don't think I like idiot!Sora. In KH1 and CoM he had more sense than he did in KH2. I'd rather he'd be a fairly smart (yet oblivious)Sora with a side of derpiness.

This is exactly how I want him to be. I miss Sora`s personality from KH1. It was a bit too on the idiotic side in KH2, like he lost half of his brain cells while he was asleep. Well, not quite half, but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back