• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kotaku Speak-up: Should the Kingdom Hearts Games That Suck Still Count?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why? I actually agree.

If BBS was on the DS then:
  • Lack of cutscenes
  • poor graphics
  • world count is lower
  • lack of abilities
  • no shotlocks
  • Story would have been severely cut down and would have been lame.
  • Gameplay would be different which mean the games "Best gameplay mechanics" wouldn't be around.
  • Repetitive worlds and story(more than BBS actually had)
    And a lot lot more.

Because he can keep his opinions to himself. He's saying that they suck, but he doesn't like them, there are others that do. He is acting like his opinion is right above others.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Because he can keep his opinions to himself. He's saying that they suck, but he doesn't like them, there are others that do. He is acting like his opinion is right above others.
It's his blog thing, he has a right to say his own opinion. Sure, it's bad that he believes his opinion is right above others, but he's still entitled to it. And on that one part, I do agree with him.I challenge you to find 5 people who would have preferred BBS on the DS

billyzanesucks

It had no reason to even exist. All the stuff that wasn't shown in the other games got retconned, so why did they even make it look like it was important to the story? Coded wasn't important either, but you could tell that by the boxart.
Why do you think it won't affect the later plot? Xion's mass of memories and Sora's darkness look like they could be important in KH3D and KHIII. Days, in its own way, continued the story. Do you mean it's unimportant just because it didn't mention those things before? It's also fun as just a stand-alone game. Days had a unique system, but I've come to like it. It gives the worlds actual objective. It has my least favorite battle system, but the enemies felt far more difficult than in most other KH games. In my opinion, it's much more repetitive to look around for your friends in every freaking game without goal or satisfaction from helping a few Disney characters, without much reward.
If BBS was on the DS then:

• Lack of cutscenes
  • poor graphics
  • world count is lower
  • lack of abilities
  • no shotlocks
  • Story would have been severely cut down and would have been lame.
  • Gameplay would be different which mean the games "Best gameplay mechanics" wouldn't be around.
  • Repetitive worlds and story(more than BBS actually had)
    And a lot lot more.
Understand all except the bolded. Basically, you're talking about if the game was developed by H.A.N.D. instead of Osaka.

And that guy just sounded really biased.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Smile and I are the only ones who like days and Re:coded more then bbs.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
but more than bbs? We were the loudest ones. We founded the BBS critics club to counter the Days, and RE:coded hate.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but more than bbs? We were the loudest ones. We founded the BBS critics club to counter the Days, and RE:coded hate.
I've put more time into Re:Coded than I have to BBS.Just because you guys were the loudest, doesn't mean you're the only ones.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly...the only questions it answered were the ones it itself created.

I think that's the perfect description.

I'd like to look back at the forums before Days was ever out in the public eye, and see how many of these supposed questions were bothering people about Roxas' past. The only aspects that popped up was his dual wielding (due to Ventus - not due to Xion, despite the excuse that his emotional reaction about not forgetting her "awakened" the ability within him. Like I'll seriously believe they couldn't come up with anything else to serve as a trigger; a better one) and the whole Deep Dive scenario (which got crapped on and it wasn't even about the two guys anymore). Otherwise, nobody really cared about anything else because there was no reason to. KH2 gave the simplest explanation possible without going into unnecessary details.

The only possible focus that Days would have in the future is Sora having Riku's memories because of the whole Riku/Xion/Roxas scenario that occurred (yeah, there is, in fact, more than two people involved here). I'm not certain whether he has them all, or just that piece we witnessed in-game. There's no idea of how it will be handled either. It doesn't sound to me like that big of an impact honestly except for some emotional understanding from Sora to his best friend. We'll see.

Re: Coded...I haven't played. I don't know whether I should after the other DS disappointment. So I can't say anything on that. KH2 wasn't that horrible to me. It was more "meh" than anything. KH1, CoM, and BBS are seriously my only knights in shining armor.

billyzanesucks

Smile and I are the only ones who like days and Re:coded more then bbs.
Days does has a few things over BBS:

- Worlds / With BBS, you won't find yourself wanting to return to worlds that often, except to find reports, collect treasure and play mini-games, which you'll eventually end up doing just to say you got 100%. Days' worlds could let you re-fight challenging bosses and go through unique missions, as several different characters. Overall, just better use of the worlds, though BBS's stories were used decently.

- Difficulty / For all its fun, BBS was a little too easy. It had cool bosses. but it was pretty much a matter of rolling away until your commands filled back up. Days had surprisingly strong enemies, without access to commands. There had to be a little more planning involved.

- Characters / I actually liked the way that Roxas grew. It showed him from birth, made it feel like you knew him very well. I barely had a chance to see the BBS characters before they went flying off, and when they were shown, their personalities and roles sometimes felt all too familiar.

This isn't about disliking BBS. It is actually one of my favorites. I just want people not to bash Days.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
- Worlds / With BBS, you won't find yourself wanting to return to worlds that often, except to find reports, collect treasure and play mini-games, which you'll eventually end up doing just to say you got 100%. Days' worlds could let you re-fight challenging bosses and go through unique missions, as several different characters. Overall, just better use of the worlds, though BBS's stories were used decently.

Except the worlds in Days were carbon copies of the KH2 worlds. So why the hell you would want to go back over and over anyway is my question. It's boring.

At least BBS's worlds were NEW, even if they weren't very good, KH2's were not any better.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was one of the first and few people who went about the site shouting my love of Re:coded and I know I wasn't the only one. :/
Didn't we do that together? Shout love for Re:Coded.Heck, I found the news of this game and stood by it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Except the worlds in Days were carbon copies of the KH2 worlds. So why the hell you would want to go back over and over anyway is my question. It's boring.

At least BBS's worlds were NEW, even if they weren't very good, KH2's were not any better.

Actually, they were a mix of KH1 and KH2 worlds, plus a brand new look at Neverland which was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back