• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tattoos, Body Art, Body Piercings, Body Modification Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
So I thought there was a thread for this but apparently not. Anyway its quite a big general topic seeing pretty much everyone I know at least some sort of body modification i.e piercings or tattoos or what have you.

Well personally, I really like tattoos and some piercings. In particular though, nice tattoos are great I think. They're great sort of self expression. I find them really quite attractive but then again I suppose it what the tattoos actually are. I think the reason I like them so much is that they just seem symbolize some freedom and individuality to me. + regular skin is pretty boring.

I have my nose pierced, well I did but I haven't worn a ring in a week or so so it has probably closed up. I have the top of both my feet tattooed - left is sort of Asian mountain scape view, right is an anchor, ship wheel and waves. Thats all I have for now but hopefully I will get some more in the near future.

What about you guys? Anyone tattoos or piercings?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I'm not repulsed by tattoos, but I prefer skin without ink. I'm pretty vanilla like that. There have been a few tattoos which just work with their wearers. They bring out the full depth of the personality, and they make the person that much sexier. Equally, there are tattoos which accentuate their wearers' distinct lack of sex appeal; they just put me off.

A simple ear stud looks sexy on any guy, and belly piercings look really hot on most girls. A friend of mine got a tongue piercing. It was pretty cool when I first saw it, but the novelty wore off within a week.

Scarification really freaks me out, but it's probably because I haven't seen it in real life. To each his own, I guess.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I agree very much on tattoos accentuating and making personaility somewhat more obvious, and also tell a story of the wearer's life, trials and tribulations to an extent. There's generally a reason for getting a tattoo beyond something as simple as "it looks cool", so from a psychoanalytical perspective, it becomes interesting. Some of them can look rather bad, I find; especially those that have quite a lot happening in a small space, but others can just look really quite good.

Piercings I'm rather neutral on, unless the person has quite a lot of them (i.e. a whole lips' worth of piercings).

Modification I'm not too keen on either, purely because it somewhat breaks the status quo of what we know to be "normal" people, but on the other hand it still shows that person's personality as well.

Anyway, as for me, I'll be getting two tattoos the coming Saturday. One line on each bicep at approximately sleeve height, in Pulsian script (see: Final Fantasy XIII) which make relevance to my own life. Something that I want to live by now is creating my future with my right arm as my left bares my past, which in turn is why my tattoo(s) of choice is/are on the right arm "While reaching for the future", and on the left "We sometimes fall into the past".

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Wow that sounds like a great tattoo design, Lancelot. Let me know how it goes.

And on the topic of sort of deeper meanings behind tattoos, honestly I do sometimes like that people have profound meanings in their tattoos though not always. My friend Pauly for example, has a sleeve a chest piece and the side of his neck done and he has them just simply because he likes tattoos. A lot of people have given him a hard time about this, but for me anyway, his lack of deep meaning makes his appreciation for them all the more genuine. The fact that he has them simply because he likes them, I really appreciate that. I think a lot of people try to put a lot of deep meaning into their tattoos and as you guys were saying it brings out peoples true colors so essentially when I look at people with all these deep meanings behind their tattoos, usually I just conclude that they're shallow people.

I dunno, rant finished ha.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I'm not repulsed by tattoos, but I prefer skin without ink. I'm pretty vanilla like that. There have been a few tattoos which just work with their wearers. They bring out the full depth of the personality, and they make the person that much sexier. Equally, there are tattoos which accentuate their wearers' distinct lack of sex appeal; they just put me off.

A simple ear stud looks sexy on any guy, and belly piercings look really hot on most girls. A friend of mine got a tongue piercing. It was pretty cool when I first saw it, but the novelty wore off within a week.

I essentially agree with this. I'd prefer someone with natural skin, but I wouldn't mind them having a small tattoo. Sleeves generally turn me off. IMO, if you're going to get a tattoo make sure its about something important/something you like. Ink is permanent. You're not going to want your ex's initials when your still 80 something.

Personally if I were to get a tattoo, I'd either get a decent sized golden eagle on my back or a Four Star Dragon Ball with a Straw Hat on it.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Its a pretty popular misconception that ink is permanent. Though not to say you won't get some epic scarring from removal.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Sleeves generally turn me off. IMO, if you're going to get a tattoo make sure its about something important/something you like.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm not opposed to the idea of getting a tattoo myself; I just haven't given it much thought. If I do get one, it'll probably be something simple -- covering my right deltoid, max. I'll mull over design details later, but I'll really like tribal tattoos. They're clean and elegant.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm not opposed to the idea of getting a tattoo myself; I just haven't given it much thought. If I do get one, it'll probably be something simple -- covering my right deltoid, max. I'll mull over design details later, but I'll really like tribal tattoos. They're clean and elegant.

Yeah, as long as they're "elegant" like that, then they're alright. But stuff like this :

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Are what I'm talking about. You know, the average typical biker tattoos.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I got a couple tattoos. One of them has a significance to me, but that dont mean they all have to. Nothing wrong with getting a tattoo just 'cause it looks nice. As long as it does look nice though. And not something like...

Dragonball_Z_3441024501865.jpg

I also dont find the appeal of huge tattoos with lots of different colors. Minimalistic ones are easier on the eyes.

I plan on getting a few more later on when I got money, but nothing big.

noheartx

I think tattoos are cool as shit, and they are a great form of art. Although i will never get one because i am scared of needles. But if i wasn't i would so get one.

As for piercings, ears are fine, and i guess on girls bellybutton is okay. i remember there was this one girl in my class who had her eyebrow pierced, and she was sexy as hell. But i don't like nose or lip piercings. I also wont get a piercing because of the same reason.

Naught

I have two tattoos myself. One which is based on this image: The Fountain | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
That image is from the film The Fountain, which I think is the best film ever made. My tattoo represents the past couple of years of things to remember, and counting.

My second tattoo is a tribal Paopu fruit which I designed myself.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I don't mean to come and be a party pooper, but since this is discussion, I guess I should discuss.

I'm pretty seriously repulsed by piercings, tattoos, etc. Something about modifying the human body just really, really... I guess creeps me out? Like, I don't actively feel creeped out when looking at someone with a tattoo, or anything. That's more... general dislike. I guess, I probably subconsciously find myself creeped out by it? I've never really given it a lot of thought.

Oh, on a related topic, I think a member of my family from some time back got a full body tattoo, and donated his skin to something or other. I think it's in a museum somewhere, but I honestly have no clue.

So... what do you guys think about people like that? Who donate tattooed skin, and such.

Last edited:

noheartx

I don't mean to come and be a party pooper, but since this is discussion, I guess I should discuss.

I'm pretty seriously repulsed by piercings, tattoos, etc. Something about modifying the human body just really, really... I guess creeps me out? Like, I don't actively feel creeped out when looking at someone with a tattoo, or anything. That's more... general dislike. I guess, I probably subconsciously find myself creeped out by it? I've never really given it a lot of thought.

Oh, on a related topic, I think a member of my family from some time back got a full body tattoo, and devoted his skin to something or other. I think it's in a museum somewhere, but I honestly have no clue.

So... what do you guys think about people like that? Who donate tattooed skin, and such.

thats pretty fucking cool imo. like, idk why, but fucking donating your skin sounds badass.

I have a tattoo of a dead baby on my left arm! It wasn't worth it...The model I used was irregular so the shape is off. Haven't gotten a tattoo since.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
proly gonna get a tattoo of the hiroshima bombings on my arm
Gosh darn Weaboo's D:<

I plan on eventually getting a tattoo that pays tribute to everyone who has been affected by cancer in my family (i.e a lot), though I don't know what it will look like as of yet. Either some form of symbolism, or a list of names of the victims.

Then, I may also get a tattoo of Garrus Vakarian of mass effect on the back of my thigh. Along with the words, "Eternal Bromance" underneath. Though it all matters how drunk I am at the time. The design would most likely look like this. I also plan on getting a tramp stamp of the FSM, or whatever I believe at the time, and maybe a wrist band tat too. Unless it makes me look like a douche.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've thought about getting a tat before.
Me and a bunch of others at one time all promised that we'd all get a Pokemon tat one day.
I've thought of getting a KH themed one, because the series has been such a huge part of life.
Probably will never get a tat though.

As for my opinions on them, I think it really depends on whether you want it to be on your life. (Even if can be removed, they're still permanent cause they don't go away over time). Also, what the tat is of really, really depends on the persons physical appearance and attitude. Sometimes, they just seem so out of place on the person, and sometimes they really fit.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
My friend got a tattoo of kid Goku on his arm and I liked that. I like most tattoos I see, I find them really interesting. I don't even mind if ppl have them all over.

My other friend got snakebite piercings and it took me a while but they grew on me. Piercings don't usually bother me unless a person has a ridiculous amount of them on their face, or if they have corset piercings or if they have tongue piercings. But I love it when ppl have a lot on their ears for some reason. But I don't like it when guys have plug earrings....sometimes it's okay but most times it's not.

I only have two piercings, one in each ear. I don't have tattoos and don't plan on getting any. I have a very very VERY low tolerance for pain....

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh, on a related topic, I think a member of my family from some time back got a full body tattoo, and devoted his skin to something or other. I think it's in a museum somewhere, but I honestly have no clue.

That's.... probably the most disturbing thing I've ever heard. D: Taking a picture is all fine and dandy but... ew.

Personally, if I got a tattoo it would be ONE. And it would represent the triumph of something I've overcome. I've had 6 piercings on my ears but they've pretty much all closed up and I haven't had the urge to re pierce them.

On other people? Piercings are usually fine, though some like Monroe's or Inverted Monroe's, even Anchors... I really don't like those ones. And tattoos on other people can be really nice or really unattractive. I tend to prefer simple things, and I don't think I'd date someone who was covered in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back