• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: Billy Zane Xehanort VS. Richard Epcar Xehanort

I love Billy Zane, but Epcar isnt that bad. He fit Rikunort.He also had the excuse of being pulled of the street.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: What were your thoughts on Lance Bass as Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1?

In the video I posted (new video as of now) it has clear, music-less audio clips of his voice. Most of those quotes I don't even remember hearing, and I think he did quite well.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Just because I prefer Billy Zane over Richard Epcar doesn't mean I think that Epcar has no talent, he is very talented, but I'm just going by my opinion that Billy Zane was better than Richard Epcar, but others have their own opinions, I'm part of the half that likes Zane, and your part of the half that likes Epcar. This thread is all about opinion.

And your comment also has nothing to do with my indifferent post. Learn to read, dude.

I love Billy Zane, but Epcar isnt that bad. He fit Rikunort.He also had the excuse of being pulled of the street.

If you say it that bluntly...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I see Epcar is catching up. I'm not sure how this will turn out in the end. Zane VS. Epcar, the ultimate battle!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I never, ever hear anyone say they prefer Epcar. I was expecting this to be such a landslide victory for Zane that a poll was almost redundant.

Same here. But all fans have their own opinions, more like Richard Epcar then I expected. Which isn't too surprising.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Epcar was great in BBS for the most part. Still not as good as Zane though, and his version of the famous "heart belongs again to darkness" monologue was a bit cringe-worthy in places.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Epcar was great in BBS for the most part. Still not as good as Zane though, and his version of the famous "heart belongs again to darkness" monologue was a bit cringe-worthy in places.

It's not that it was bad, it just sounded out of place compared to the Billy Zane version we all came to know.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

[video=youtube;UPOcHcAfI_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPOcHcAfI_o&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;N9grHIUPmd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9grHIUPmd8&feature=related[/video]
Akio Ohtsuka's the worst Ansem.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I can't hear from lack of speakers, but I think I'm glad.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm still trying to figure out how people came to love Zane (beyond is silky smooth voice)? He was in one (two if you count CoM) game(s) almost ten years ago. Mr. Epcar has been in...four games(?) in the last five years.

Now, I admit I am a big Billy Zane fan and I was one of the people praising Zane earlier last year because I had a sour taste from Mr. Epcar's performance from KH2, but he had improved in Re:CoM and he was already one of my favorite voice actors because of various anime.

Of course this is all subject to opinion.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I'm still trying to figure out how people came to love Zane (beyond is silky smooth voice)? He was in one (two if you count CoM) game(s) almost ten years ago. Mr. Epcar has been in...four games(?) in the last five years.

ITP: Being in more games = better voice actor.

And if you want to get really technical, Zane was in three games.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

At first I was going to rage at you because I figured that you were about to praise Akio... but then I read your ending statement. I agree btw.
Miyu irino in KH1 is pretty bad too.

[video=youtube;78C2LeEoHIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78C2LeEoHIQ&feature=related[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

ITP: Being in more games = better voice actor.

And if you want to get really technical, Zane was in three games.

I wasn't saying it made him better. I was saying that Epcar has been in the series longer so we've been able to know his voice longer.

I didn't count FM for a reason. It had no new voice acting (just like CoM).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I wasn't saying it made him better. I was saying that Epcar has been in the series longer so we've been able to know his voice longer.

I didn't count FM for a reason. It had no new voice acting (just like CoM).

All of COM's voice acting was Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back