• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think is possible for "Final Fantasy XX"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
http://www.finalfantasy.net/misc/final-fantasy-xx/

Recently Famitsu had a chance to speak with several Square-Enix alum about their feelings about the future of the Final Fantasy series. They were asked about what they would see Final Fantasy XX being like many (probably), many years in the future. The responses were mostly light-hearted with Final Fantasy Legends producer Takashi Tokita referring to a smell-0-vision type mechanic where players would be able to smell the scent of a heroine's fragrance or the stench of a Malboro. Final Fantasy XIV director/producer Naoki Yoshida (aka Yoshi-P) commented that Final Fantasy XX said that "FF20 will be the second open world FF and will have a main character who can cross time and travel through the worlds of the previous nineteen FF games."

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
lol at the smellivision. I think the main character will have telekinesis, (has that been done before in FF?) and the player will control the telekinesis with their brain.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
ahaha i'll expect that time travelling dude! also, cookin with chocobo

lol at the smellivision. I think the main character will have telekinesis, (has that been done before in FF?) and the player will control the telekinesis with their brain.
i think Noctis uses telekinesis to control all that shiton of swords

Zul

Awards
"FF20 will be the second open world FF and will have a main character who can cross time and travel through the worlds of the previous nineteen FF games."

Very interested in this, not sure if it's because it would be a good idea or because it's feeding off my Nostalgia cravings.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
"FF20 will be the second open world FF and will have a main character who can cross time and travel through the worlds of the previous nineteen FF games."
Well thats...something. Not sure if I'll like it, but we'll see how it's done, hopefully. But I think a great way to execute this is to use the KH mechanic, in one world, travel to another at will, but on a much grander scale. Assuming his expectations about how far along we are technology wise is accurate, each world/game would have the full open world map from their respective games. Maybe even party up with characters from older games. I dont know it's very weird to think about.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

No offense, but this just made me laugh.

And yes, Noctis has telekinesis.

Decrith

I expect AT LEAST holograms or that extremely advanced motion sensors to make you feel like you really are the character.

superbanana

earth (but thats just what an alien would want you
I thought about it, then I changed my mind, so I'm splitting my post into two parts.

Part 1: Final fantasy XX probably won't ever exist because the video-game industry is going to crash in 2016, so square-enix will go bankrupt. If they somehow don't go bankrupt, FFXX will be just like a regular video-game but with slightly improved graphics. Motion control is to gimmicky, so they won't use it for any FF game. Holograms are impossible to create, because no matter how advanced the hardware is, the best the can do is a hologram where you see it from the same angle no matter where you're standing, or you can only see 180-degrees of it and it needs a screen. Advanced motion sensors wouldn't work because you'd still need to use a controler to walk around the game, unless you're in a room bigger than the world that's in the game, and you'd keep walking into your TV and furniture.

Part 2: I Guess it might be possible to make special glasses that have the same tech used in the 3DS, with a wireless link to your game system, allowing you to see the game world as if it was real, and running into furniture wouldn't matter, because with the hundreds of uses for this technology, it might be a sensible idea for people to have special, 70ft X 70ft rooms, that are completely empty to use for it. And you could use a controller for moving around in the game world, then when you enter a battle, you would start using motion control to fight enemies. THE BEST PART IS: Your parents would TELL you to play video games, because it would be legitimate exercise, and teach you how to fight zombies and aliens, which will be a valuable skill during the zombie/alien apocalypse.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I think it would happen, they seem to think it would be. Just look at Deus Ex: Human revoultion. There's a poster of final fantasy XX VII at the techie guy's office. :3

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Personally I'm more interested in what FF XXX will be like :p

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
how about final fantasy 15 ssince that ones next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back