• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

I don't think they're photoshopped, though; they seem to run the game with higher quality models and textures (which they clearly have due to the renders they release of every character and enemy in the game) with absurd amounts of anti-aliasing. I mean, the FMVs from Days and coded do the same thing, so they can clearly run it on a frame-to-frame basis.

I was mostly being silly calling it a "magic emulator" though, I admit. XD

Grass never said they were photoshopped o_O
What he was talking about was essentially what you are saying

pepe1092

Awards
Scans from Famitsu Interview and KH3D Play Impression

Here

http://sqex.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/famitsu1175.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-001.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-002.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-003.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-005.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-006.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-007.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-008.png

http://www.kh2.co.uk/images/games/kh-survey/famitsu1175-009.png

INFO

Tetsuya Nomura Interview

On the Ranking Results
Since I hear a lot of opinions that fans really like one particularly, I’m surprised to see that KH2 Final Mix ranked number one and then KH2 ranked after it. I didn’t want Birth by Sleep to seem like a spin off, so I’m happy to see it ranked in the top five.
My favorite character Sora must be ranked number one since he’s an uncomplicated, good guy. He gives us trouble though; when we make the promotional trailers it’s hard to find lines of his we can use since he doesn’t really say much useful.
The second ranked character Roxas, fans think he’s the most Final Fantasy-esque. Along with his friendship with Axel, they make an impressive set.
The most impressionable scenes for me were the endings of KH1 and KH2, and the scene in KH2 when Roxas’ summer vacation ends.
My favorite abilities are the popular Glide and Dodge Roll as well. They have a reinvigorating feel and are comfortable to do, so I like them. Along the same line, we’re including a one-handed rotation ability similar to Dodge Roll in FF Versus 13 too.
My favorite Keyblade is the top ranked Oathkeeper. It carries a deep meaning with the story and the design of it is clean, it’s the one I’m most pleased with.
With the most popular world, Twilight Town, we really fussed over embodying the image of coming from school as the sun sets. That song gave Shimomura-san a lot of trouble and pushed her to improve. We had an image derived around another artist’s song, but it really worked out well, the result was a song with a completely different sort of anguish.
The worst world to deal with was Atlantica, sorry it was so difficult to move. We had trouble adjusting the character’s movement while swimming and simultaneously fighting.
The popular enemies like the Shadows, Neo Shadows, White Mushrooms, Dusks and so on; I drew them myself. The enemies dictate the overall design aspects of the series, so I work them out with the staff afterwards. The hardest enemy for me was the Dancer Nobody, it was formidable enemy.

On Story Development
The story is mixed with elements of surprise. I try to develop it so that the parts that you expect to go one way go another.
We don’t come together and decide on the story from beginning to end. The staff helps flesh things out and I supervise myself making the final decisions. Since I’m the only one who can see the big picture and knows what happens after each development, I have a hard time figuring out how to draw it up for the staff.

On Internationalization
Though it’s an international series, it isn’t regulated for specific regions since I believe it will be well received if it’s interesting enough. Those at Disney said it has a very Japanese sense about it, I guess you could call it ‘Eastern thinking’. I thought that we’d make the storyline simple and clear, but I received this single piece of advice from Hironobu Sakaguchi: “If you don’t make it more complex like with Final Fantasy, you won’t be able to compete.” So from there the development moved to make something that would engage the colorful imaginations of the fans.
The storyline for KH3D is considerably difficult to understand. I am discussing it with Disney now, but they couldn’t understand it all at once. I’m explaining the reason and the established connections for each mystery one by one. It’s troublesome for the interpretation and localization, but there are many people in Disney who love the Kingdom Hearts series, somehow they’re following along with it.
There’s a sense that Kingdom Hearts appeals to wider age range of fans compared to Final Fantasy. Ratio wise, more fans are female. I’m especially happy to see that there is strong support for the series from fans in foreign countries too.

On Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Since there are so many mysteries to wonder about that are unrelated to the main volume, we aren’t trying to explain all of them. (Things like the personal information of the characters, the Room of Sleep, and the Room of Awakening.) KH3D deals with Sora’s concealed data, I’ll reveal more about the other mysteries another time.
The development status of KH3D is about 40%-50%. We’ll start recording the voices soon. The theme this time was “bold action”, but we also wanted to stress the importance of the story’s tempo. Though the story is important to fans as shown by the results of the survey, it won’t be drawn-out.
Not meaning that we’ve decreased the number of cutscenes, but having each one explained one by one reduces the tempo of the game, so we’re introducing a new system to make up for it. Again it’s directionally different from FF Versus 13. In KH3D, Sora will fight alongside various friends too. There’s also a secret movie being prepared.

On the Future of Kingdom Hearts
We’ve prepared a response in KH3D for the fans who are always saying, “We want KH3 to release!” The series that has developed so far as “the Xehanort saga” should end once and for all in KH3. I’ve outlined a tentative plot that takes place afterward, so we could continue onto a new chapter. Sora would remain the main character; that wouldn’t change. About an HD remastering, whether we release one or not is a different story, we have to think about the technical aspects of it.
I’ll read everyone’s opinions carefully.
From this summer to next spring, we’ll continue releasing information and sales dates for KH among other titles from the first development department, so please look forward to it.

KH3D Play Impression

Translated by http://sqex.wordpress.com

I translated a summary by 速報@保管庫(Alt) of a reviewer who played a demo version of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance in the new issue of Famitsu Weekly.
I was able to play a little of the demo version. You can play in the familiar Traverse Town world. Two new characters are your teammates.* The bright bursts from the battles are even more illuminating than before. You’ll be able to climb up buildings. The battle system is large scale and has a flashy action style, it has a fun feeling. I’m surprised that the party members will be characters who haven’t appeared before. I think it seems the [main] battle opponent won’t be Heartless or Nobody.
*The magazine edits out the character’s names.

Source: The scans and translation of play impression from SQEX, play impression from ■■速報@保管庫(Alt)■■ : F1180: スクエニ特集、及びそこからキングダムハーツシリーズについての野村氏インタビューより。KH3D情報も and translation from Kingdom Hearts 3, KH 3D, Birth By Sleep - Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Re: Scans from Famitsu Interview and KH3D Play Impression

Preeeetty bonking cool there, bro.

k99y77

Awards

^ yes i think we have but since KHinsider didn't post the play impression maybe this will get there attention.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

^ yes i think we have but since KHinsider didn't post the play impression maybe this will get there attention.

They actually did, they posted it as information from the interview.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

they forgot to post that the battle opponent won’t be Heartless or Nobody.

It was discussed, at great lengths, in the thread. ALL the information here is old.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Grass never said they were photoshopped o_O
What he was talking about was essentially what you are saying

He said "touched up," which I understood to mean "changed after the fact." Creating an entire scene with higher-quality character models isn't "touching up" by any normal definition of the phrase. =/

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

He said "touched up," which I understood to mean "changed after the fact." Creating an entire scene with higher-quality character models isn't "touching up" by any normal definition of the phrase. =/

They create the scene on their computers with great graphics, then tone them down so it all works on whatever system is available. They probably still had the data from the previous games available and just gave them those images.
That's why, before a game is released, the magazine images and the scenes from the trailers have better graphics than the toned down ones in the games.

Unrequited Lust

These are direct translations. The other thread doesn't have that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Direct translations or trimming the fat down? It's the exact same thing when you get down to it

DanX

Direct translations or trimming the fat down? It's the exact same thing when you get down to it

Was there scans? Noooooooooooooo.

Even though the scans were kind of useless with nothing new.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

They create the scene on their computers with great graphics, then tone them down so it all works on whatever system is available. They probably still had the data from the previous games available and just gave them those images.
That's why, before a game is released, the magazine images and the scenes from the trailers have better graphics than the toned down ones in the games.

Yeah, that's about it (though trailers usually are released with the expected level of quality for the final game -- look at all the aliasing in the 3D trailer x_x).

And it's also why they should totally make HD remakes, 'cause it's not like they don't already have the assets there for it.

Unrequited Lust

We had summaries of the interview but not the interview itself.

xine0

i think remastered hd games of the older are unnecessary. i played kh2 today and i still like it. i dont think that the ps2 graphics are out dated enough for remastered hd lol ffvii on the other hand, thats a different story ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Not to mention this looks way more in order and easier to look at than to search through that other 35 page-thread.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i think remastered hd games of the older are unnecessary. i played kh2 today and i still like it. i dont think that the ps2 graphics are out dated enough for remastered hd lol ffvii on the other hand, thats a different story ;)

It isn't a matter of the graphics being outdated. It is to make the series more accessible to fans who may not have a PS2. I know my PS2 is starting to die and I don't imagine myself buying a new one. I'll just move on to the PS3 and wait for my favorite PS2 games to either end up on the PSN or get remastered.

k99y77

Awards

why is it unnecessary? plus there are many ps2 games newer/just as old as KH getting remastered in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back