• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HD Remasters Development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptun

if they are actually going to remaster the first game completely, I hope they add some more cutscenes that connect the first game into the main plot a bit more. After all, nothing really was planned for the whole xehanort saga during its initial development and it was pretty hard actually getting what was going on (the final keyhole for example, what was it with that? xehanort's report on the seven princesses almost contradicts its existence).

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
From a strictly economic standpoint, I think it's most likely and most profitable for SE that they would do them in two sets. KH1FM and KH2FM in one set, and KHReCoM and KHBBSFM in another set. Then, if they really want to show off and milk the franchise dry, they could do 3D Remasters of ReCoded and 358/2 for the 3DS with better graphics, better controls(because of the thumbstick), and 3D effects. Lot's of people would complain but I could still see it selling very well. I know I'd buy it.

EDIT: The PS3 remasters could not only be HD, but also have better controls and shorter load times (especially BBSFM since there would be an addition of R2, L2, R3, L3, plus a second thumbstick)

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
From a strictly economic standpoint, I think it's most likely and most profitable for SE that they would do them in two sets. KH1FM and KH2FM in one set, and KHReCoM and KHBBSFM in another set. Then, if they really want to show off and milk the franchise dry, they could do 3D Remasters of ReCoded and 358/2 for the 3DS with better graphics, better controls(because of the thumbstick), and 3D effects. Lot's of people would complain but I could still see it selling very well. I know I'd buy it.

From a fan's standpoint, screw Days.

All we really want is the Final Mixes anyway, right?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It'd probably take them around 4-6 months to make it and it would include KH1, Re:Com, KH2 and BBS.
However, I don't know if it's even worthy in my opinion unless they do a super improvement to the games like reprogramming the whole camera system for KH1 or things like that.

I think they need to re-do the battle system for KH1 as well. Going down on the commands was really irritating in the first game, and the camera and controls were as well.

As for bbsfm, personally it wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't included because it's essentially the one we got with a few added content. It did get extra bosses, monstro, and the secret episode, but I bet most of us saw all of that on youtube anyway.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
4-6 months basically. And I can so see them doing this for the 10th annversary.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Something is going to happen. I expect a Kingdom Hearts DDD Final Mix(DLC?) along with various releases of the previous games.

Maybe a Re:358/2 days isn't bad. we will have PS2 graphics and they can enhance the gameplay. Storywise however.....hope for retcons which now a days you don't have to worry about since Nomura retcons in every new KH game.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Something is going to happen. I expect a Kingdom Hearts DDD Final Mix(DLC?) along with various releases of the previous games.

Maybe a Re:358/2 days isn't bad. we will have PS2 graphics and they can enhance the gameplay. Storywise however.....hope for retcons which now a days you don't have to worry about since Nomura retcons in every new KH game.

But remastering Days will take more time though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They won't redo the gameplay system. They will tweak some things but these aren't remakes. Just remasters. Meaning they are updating the graphics.

KH1, Re:CoM, and KH2 are the three most likely candidates for the remaster. It would make sense for them to do the FMs. Translation and graphical updates would only take a few months to do. Since these HD Remasters are for Sony games, the DS games won't be in the running for any of this.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
They won't redo the gameplay system. They will tweak some things but these aren't remakes. Just remasters. Meaning they are updating the graphics.

KH1, Re:CoM, and KH2 are the three most likely candidates for the remaster. It would make sense for them to do the FMs. Translation and graphical updates would only take a few months to do. Since these HD Remasters are for Sony games, the DS games won't be in the running for any of this.

I was just going to say this. But yeah, Ethnic Woman hit the nail on the head.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

At the very least they should change the camera problem in KH1.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I wouldn't want it to be as far away from Sora as the camera was in KH2, but you should be able to look around more and quicker, with the right analog stick instead of using L2 and R2. Man, that was a pain.

Also, be able to move around when you are in first person mode when you hit Select.

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I hope they make the lock-on system better. I hated how in KH2 you couldn't alternate between lock-ons like in KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back