• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days joins Square-Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Square-Enix will be re-releasing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days under it's Japanese budget series named "Ultimate Hits". It will be available on August 4th, 2011 for ¥2940 ($36.71 USD).

1w4hN.jpg

Gram

Banned
Awards
....so they'll give anything a ultimate hits title anymore.....

State

Awards

Is there anything special about it?

It'll be labeled as "Ultimate Hits", that's it. It's like labeling the cover of some of the NDS Mario games with red; that's it.

StVen

So what about this, KH Mobile. I believe it's available on JP only? or is it? I've got Ultimate hits for KH1FM and KH2FM. This might get added to my collections :)

Goddard

It's nothing more desperate move probably to alleviate the poor financial situation of Square Enix; a dear shame that they picked a medicore game to be re-released to the markets. Knowing the fans, they'll eat it up if only to save their precious video game company.

State

Awards
It's nothing more desperate move probably to alleviate the poor financial situation of Square Enix;
And how exactly do you know that SE is low on the financial department right now? More like, on what grounds are you basing your assumption/theory that SE is financially bad?

a dear shame that they picked a medicore game to be re-released to the markets.
In itself, Days isn't a mediocre game, but compared to other KH games, it sucks.

Knowing the fans, they'll eat it up if only to save their precious video game company.
As if anyone would do that. Instead, they'll do this; "OMG ITS A NEW KH GAEM!!! :OOOOOOO I MUST HAV IT!!!!!! ITS EVEN PORTABLE!!!!!!"

Goddard

And how exactly do you know that SE is low on the financial department right now? More like, on what grounds are you basing your assumption/theory that SE is financially bad?

It's revenue and total net income has been declining in the past couple of months. I can assume that the value of its stocks is not exactly high of this moment though I would attribute the economic fallout from the recent earthquake playing a role. It's in the red and it's in the interests of Square Enix and its customers who purchases its games to not have it go bankrupt. So they're re-releasing new games.

In itself, Days isn't a mediocre game, but compared to other KH games, it sucks.

It actually is pretty mediocre compared to several games but I'll be honest and attribute that to my personal opinion. I've personally enjoyed games to a far greater degree than Days.

As if anyone would do that. Instead, they'll do this; "OMG ITS A NEW KH GAEM!!! :OOOOOOO I MUST HAV IT!!!!!! ITS EVEN PORTABLE!!!!!!"

Exactly. You see, you have it said yourself. Congratulations. You win a cookie.

State

Awards
It's revenue and total net income has been declining in the past couple of months. I can assume that the value of its stocks is not exactly high of this moment though I would attribute the economic fallout from the recent earthquake playing a role. It's in the red and it's in the interests of Square Enix and its customers who purchases its games to not have it go bankrupt. So they're re-releasing new games.
I've checked the information myself, you have a point. *hands an Oreo*

It actually is pretty mediocre compared to several games but I'll be honest and attribute that to my personal opinion. I've personally enjoyed games to a far greater degree than Days.
Well, then let's compare it with other Action-RPGs.

Exactly. You see, you have it said yourself. Congratulations. You win a cookie.
Nice comeback~ *throws Oreo*

Goddard

I've checked the information myself, you have a point. *hands an Oreo*

Mucho gracias. You've handled the accuracy of my statement yourself without having a fit and admitted that someone else was right this one time. This is a clear step that you're maturing into a well-adjusted adult. Good for you.

Honest.

Well, then let's compare it with other Action-RPGs.

Good. You decided to engage into deeper and more thought out conversation; I swear that I'm liking you more and more. I would have to say Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was personally a far more enjoyable experience than Kingdom Hearts:358/2 Days. And before you cry foul and say that was a Playstation 2 game, you've stated that we compare it with other action-RPGs.

Nice comeback~ *throws Oreo*

I thank you.

State

Awards
Mucho gracias. You've handled the accuracy of my statement yourself without having a fit and admitted that someone else was right this one time. This is a clear step that you're maturing into a well-adjusted adult. Good for you.

Honest.
Thank you~

Good. You decided to engage into deeper and more thought out conversation; I swear that I'm liking you more and more. I would have to say Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was personally a far more enjoyable experience than Kingdom Hearts:358/2 Days. And before you cry foul and say that was a Playstation 2 game, you've stated that we compare it with other action-RPGs.
If you could mention A LOT more of Action RPGs I would appreciate it (but for the NDS ;)). Plus, I dunno what Baldur's Gate is.

I thank you.
You're welcome~ Would you like fries-err... Milk with that?

I'm guessing this Case will be worth more in the long run? For KH collectors?
Japanese love collecting things, so it's an instant buy for them.

Goddard

Thank you~

Your welcome. I know it's hard to tell honesty behind a computer screen but I really am honest with this.

If you could mention A LOT more of Action RPGs I would appreciate it (but for the NDS ;)). Plus, I dunno what Baldur's Gate is.

:mad: Now you just made all that much harder for me! I concede! Considering I don't have many Nintendo DS games, no less action-rpg games for Nintendo DS save for that copy of DS that I regretted buying. *shakes fist angrily*

You're welcome~ Would you like fries-err... Milk with that?

Men drink beer. :tongue:

Japanese love collecting things, so it's an instant buy for them.

Really? They have much better luck selling it in North America. The Japanese love their Dragon Quest too much to care for Kingdom Hearts.

State

Awards
Now you just made all that much harder for me! I concede! Considering I don't have many Nintendo DS games, no less action-rpg games for Nintendo DS save for that copy of DS that I regretted buying. *shakes fist angrily*
Game, Set, and Match~

Really? They have much better luck selling it in North America. The Japanese love their Dragon Quest too much to care for Kingdom Hearts.
It's one of the reasons they rebuy KH games (Final Mixes).

siegleeagle

You guys do know that the game has to sell a certain amount to get an ultimate hits release right? They aren't just doing it because they need sells. That is the point, if it was popular then they release n cheaper form to get even more sells.

Goddard

Game, Set, and Match~

You win this round and my respect. The latter is far more important than winning an internet argument, I'll say.

It's one of the reasons they rebuy KH games (Final Mixes).

True. Lord knows I can't understand the logic between having the same game with only extra gimmicks on the side.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You guys do know that the game has to sell a certain amount to get an ultimate hits release right? They aren't just doing it because they need sells. That is the point, if it was popular then they release n cheaper form to get even more sells.

That may be logical, just like bringing out Platinum edition games on the Sony consoles...for the forms of selling numbers and the like,
but the focal point doesn't lie there.

The thing is that this isn't KH1, so it gets bashed, because everything except KH1 is trash.
The only one getting a mostly positive response here would be KH1, BBS probably a mixed one (it seems to be the most accepted after the nostalgia-pedestal-title), but as this is Days, there has to be bashing...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back